Sponsored

FP350s

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Anyone ever see an FP350s in person or hear of anyone able to buy one?
Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Last edited:

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Interesting, no strut tower brace or firewall brace. That stuff must be for show and not go.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Interesting, no strut tower brace or firewall brace. That stuff must be for show and not go.
more likely that it's a trade-off for needing to fit other essential parts optimally (i.e., load-proof camber plates and catch can), in an engine bay that ran out of space.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Reinforced subframe and welded full roll cage - stiff enough that car.

But the strut tower brace on our cars (as opposed to the K-brace behind it) is basically for show. Especially if you slap on a Steeda G-Trac under the car.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Anyone ever see an FP350s in person or hear of anyone able to buy one?
Kohr Motorsports has an order form for them on their web site. No price yet - or there wasn't a couple of weeks ago...

<TED>

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That was the first question I asked the FP rep at the show, he said with the cage and the stitch welded chassis the strut tower and strut tower to firewall brace is not adding anything. He went on to say that it really does not do much on a stock body GT either. Since my car is caged I have not tried it yet but I plan to remove the two pieces at the track and see if I can feel any difference in chassis stiffness. If they are not needed it would be nice to remove the weight off the front end.

In prepping the show car they removed a lot of metal from the front body work on the car, inner fender aprons were cut out and replaced with wire mess material to save weight, all of the rear seat supports and rear package tray were removed, metal around the battery box and brake master were removed as well.

Dave
IMG_3930.jpg
IMG_3931.jpg
IMG_3917.jpg
IMG_3932.jpg

Sponsored

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Keep the pictures coming. Would love to see one in real life. I'm semi serious about getting one - plenty of car for what I think will cost 100kUSD.

As for the screen display, MoTeC stuff is pricey but you could make an Android phone load up some pretty cool stuff off of a AutosportLab RaceCapture (Pro). As soon as I know my tax situation this year, I'll be getting one and sharing the experience on the forum.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
There is one person in our track group that has an allocation. Not quite sure when production will commence and delivery will take place, but I don't believe it's anytime soon.

I'm not sure if he is on here but if he is I'm sure he'll chime in.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Keep the pictures coming. Would love to see one in real life. I'm semi serious about getting one - plenty of car for what I think will cost 100kUSD.

As for the screen display, MoTeC stuff is pricey but you could make an Android phone load up some pretty cool stuff off of a AutosportLab RaceCapture (Pro). As soon as I know my tax situation this year, I'll be getting one and sharing the experience on the forum.
I am not sure about the pricing yet on the FP350, At the show they said they were trying to hold the purchase price to $130K but did not know for sure. Then they released the $114,990.00 MSRP, then they said they were making only 50 units and I am guessing that will be a base car less data collection and dash display but I really do not know that for sure. Add in a spares package and who knows but I bet your at $130k.

Unless you are looking for a sanctioned car to go run in the Continental Series I would buy this car and build my own.
http://www.74auto.com/vehiclesDetail.php?70109

I built my GT from a salvage vehicle and have no where near $60k in it and it is race ready. The biggest two benefits to the FP350 is the 5.2l with the cross plane crank and cams, as well as the stitch welded chassis before it is painted and loaded with seem sealer.

If you are just wanting to do a HPDE car then start with the salvage car, build it the way you want it and save $50-70K.

Dave

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am not sure about the pricing yet on the FP350, At the show they said they were trying to hold the purchase price to $130K but did not know for sure. Then they released the $114,990.00 MSRP, then they said they were making only 50 units and I am guessing that will be a base car less data collection and dash display but I really do not know that for sure. Add in a spares package and who knows but I bet your at $130k.

Unless you are looking for a sanctioned car to go run in the Continental Series I would buy this car and build my own.

I built my GT from a salvage vehicle and have no where near $60k in it and it is race ready. The biggest two benefits to the FP350 is the 5.2l with the cross plane crank and cams, as well as the stitch welded chassis before it is painted and loaded with seem sealer.

If you are just wanting to do a HPDE car then start with the salvage car, build it the way you want it and save $50-70K.

Dave
I had something similar in mind getting a base GT for cheap. But after spending 2 years doing research on what it *really* takes to go full track, I can appreciate the research, the "race mods" to make the chassis stiffer and lighter, the brakes, a well sorted out (I'm assuming) endurance package, safety, data acq, steering, and yeah that engine. I'd rather buy turn-key then going on an expensive trial-and-error adventure. For now I'm going to be a little patient and see what 2018+ has to offer *but* if there's a racing school somewhere that lets me pilot one of these.. :)

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

Dave
"The Shelby FP350S starts as a Mustang but it is given the full race car treatment. The engine is the 5.2-liter V-8 (not of the flat-plane crank variety) prepared by Ford Performance Parts and fitted with a race-oriented exhaust."

From http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1107686_ford-performance-reveals-track-only-shelby-fp350s
Sponsored