Sponsored

Supercharged MT82 Poll

How is your supercharged mt82 holding up?

• Still Going Strong

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • She's hurt, on borrowed time, considering options

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blown to peices or swapped 'er

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • I would never try a supercharger + MT82

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Curious now that its been a few years with lots of centri and pd guys out there beating on their mt82's how they are holding up.
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Blew out third gear...replaced with another...guessing it wont be long til this one goes.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Also blew out third gear. Shipped trans to Ben Calimer and got his stage 2 build. Hoping it holds up!
IMG_1056.jpg

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Also blew out third gear. Shipped trans to Ben Calimer and got his stage 2 build. Hoping it holds up!
What kinda power does the stage 2 handle. What clutch you using and roughly how much did it cost you. Thinking of doing the same thing when my tranny goes. It's been boosted for 13k miles has 17k now. Made 660rwhp stock clutch still and going strong. But want to be prepared for when the day comes.

5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
22k miles on motor 13k miles supercharged, still good but I expect it to let go anytime.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
im on factory setup, with warranty. seems there are more people with out issues.. seems hit and miss with the MT82. some people can go to 100k miles and others shred them in a few thousand. i can only guess driving style or luck of the draw when or where the transmission is built

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What kinda power does the stage 2 handle. What clutch you using and roughly how much did it cost you. Thinking of doing the same thing when my tranny goes. It's been boosted for 13k miles has 17k now. Made 660rwhp stock clutch still and going strong. But want to be prepared for when the day comes.
Ben C says around 800-850 whp but he advises against the RXT (which is what I have) because it shocks the trans hard. I was around 650 whp when the trans went and my clutch started slipping around 600 whp. I drive it hard though.

Probably making the switch to E85 relatively soon too

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
seems there are more people with out issues.. seems hit and miss with the MT82. some people can go to 100k miles and others shred them in a few thousand. i can only guess driving style or luck of the draw when or where the transmission is built
Not everyone that has transmission issues will come on here and say it. So you're not getting a great view in how this transmission handles big power just from one forum.

Driving style and supercharger type I would say make the biggest difference. I doubt it's build errors as those would usually show up in other areas (not shredded gears). That of course unless there was a bad batch of gears that were installed during a certain time period at the factory.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Not everyone that has transmission issues will come on here and say it. So you're not getting a great view in how this transmission handles big power just from one forum.

Driving style and supercharger type I would say make the biggest difference. I doubt it's build errors as those would usually show up in other areas (not shredded gears). That of course unless there was a bad batch of gears that were installed during a certain time period at the factory.
not everyone that is having 0 issues will come on here and say it..

there have been several theories about issues from clutch to driver.. but we know there are people that are going the distance with stock MT82 and 600whp. some people are having issues bonestock. so i can only make guesses as each case can be different

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
but we know there are people that are going the distance with stock MT82 and 600whp. some people are having issues bonestock.
Right, so that just tells me it's either pure luck, or something else external to the car...not necessarily a weak transmission that can't handle the power. If that was the case, we would be seeing MT82 failures all over the place and people would make a big stink about it on the forums. Seeing as how it's hit or miss for the most part, I tend to put the blame on other factors also. Not saying the unit itself is godlike, but I feel like it's stronger than most people give it credit for. But of course nothing is indestructible.

Sponsored

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Stick with the RST clutch and you should be fine. It seems everyone that's broken their MT82 had it paired with an RXT. I'd rather slip my clutch then break my trans.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
How much can the RST handle? I'm expecting to be in the 750whp range shortly.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
My RST was good until I went e85. 93 was 701/570. E85 is north of 850.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I just don't want to spend all that money on a clutch and not have it hold. My current power goal will be 750 after I drop a pulley, but who knows if I'll stop there. haha.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I just don't want to spend all that money on a clutch and not have it hold. My current power goal will be 750 after I drop a pulley, but who knows if I'll stop there. haha.
That's the boat I'm in. I want to be around 750. I have an RXT sitting on my shelf and have been freaking out a little about some of the blown MT82's. I'm not anywhere close to buying a whipple right now but have been buying the parts needed slowly that I need to make the care more reliable but I'm reconsidering installing the RXT now.
Sponsored