Sponsored

GT350 valence with custom exhaust plan

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
This looks amazing....you have accomplished what I have had in my mind for a while now...Roush Exhaust with GT350 Valence.

A Few questions since I think I will do this eventually:

- With the new valence on and the Roush Mufflers installed with out original tips and any modification, the exit sits right behind the valence correct? I ask because once the Valence is on, the car would need to be driven to a muffler shop for a short distance, as in your case....just want to confirm the car can be driven like that for a little bit.

- The complete Y Pipe, the muffler shop had to provide that and get that in the proper shape correct?

- You stated the Y Pipe was welded on? Could they just be clamped on or it has to be welded to the Roush Exits? I guess probably not enough room for clamps I am assuming?

Looks great...Hope you post some pics of the car later.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It does exit in the center of the 2 tips, but would leave the mufflers off. The exit is all of 2 inches frmo the back of the tips built into the valance and there is plastic there. Better to not melt a $700+ part.

The shop made the Y tips just like the Ford Racing ones look; used the photo as reference for the way it was welded together.

There's not room to clamp it on, they already had to cut an inch or so of of the pipe that exits the muffler to have enough room, and it was still tight.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Damn... that looks so good. I want to do this. But I also want a tune.

So many choices.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
With that said, would it be possible for you to grab the mufflers and get the important measurements?

Overall outside to outside width, center to center, inside to inside, and length from the weld to end of the tips? Overall length from the rear of the muffler to the end of the tips would be awesome too.

I know the first three can be determined from one measurement based on the diameter of the pipe, but I'd rather have three things to check vs one because I'm a pain in the ass.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My measurements wont help as it's all hand done and not perfect symmetry to the pipes or centered perfectly.

The best measurements would be off the real Borla mufflers.

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I replaced my FRPP Borla GT350 exhaust today with the Kooks 3" Convertible exhaust. I had to remove the faux GT350 exhaust tips and trim out the opening to accommodate the next exhaust tip. I will be looking for dual or oval tips to fill in the gaps
IMG_4789.jpg
IMG_4788.jpg
IMG_4785.jpg

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I picked up a almost brand new GT350 rear valance for my car a few weeks ago. I just changed out my exhaust to the 3" Borla S-Type system and I love the way my car sounds now with the Whipple on it, a bunch of boost and no cats. Now I got to figure out what to do to make this valance work with my exhaust. Since I have a 3" system, I'm thinking I need to do a Y/Merge pipe right off the muffler, like 3" in/dual 2.5" out! I'm going to swing by Summit Racing on my way home tonight and look at a couple of merge pipes and see if these are even doable.

Here is what I am looking at..

www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-640702

And this..

www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-10778/overview/

I can't really see any other dimensions on them other than In/Out. Don't know what the length is on them etc. Would be sweet if one f them were close and I could work with the factory GT350 tips(Not holding my breath), or maybe just get close enough to remove the factory tips/grilles and add my own tips, will check them out tonight and see if either of them might be usable. :shrug:

Also thought about trying to find a nice dual exhaust tip that might work too, time to do some more searching.:D
Sponsored