Sponsored

Sebring Track Day with Roush driving their RS3..oh and the Ford GT4 was there too!

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
Hi everyone! Video below showcasing some of my experience.

[ame]

On Monday our amazing Vossen Partner, Roush Performance, was hosting a private track at SEBRING International Raceway where we could inspect and drive their 670hp RS3 on the track as well as get up close and personal with the Ford Mustang GT4! Since our Vossen Forged Factory is in Miami, I drove up the 2 1/2 hours with Diego to take advantage of the invite.

From the start everyone at Roush was super friendly and accommodating and they were really liberal in letting us do what we wanted with the cars. They had four full RS3 cars to drive including an orange one with the optional Recaro's. The cars are stunningly beautiful in person from every angle, the bodykit accents the lines and the Roush Wheels are not bad (though even they admit some Vossen's would be a great upgrade!).

Inside its familiar with some subtle Roush accents. I am a bigger guy at 6"5 and about 250 and room is obviously simlar to the Mustang. I do wish there was a bit more headroom with the helmet on.

In driving the car at the track (I have quite a bit of experience at multiple tracks including SPA) its apparent there is an abundance of power and power delivery is relatively smooth once you don't punch the throttle (which is a no no on the track anyway). Steering wheel feedback is pretty good though i would love the Escaine steering wheel the GT4 has. What was a very VERY pleasant surprise was how smooth the manual transmission shifted. Many higher horsepower cars have tough clutches and shifting as they are bulked up to handle the power but this thing was silky smooth. Really shocking.

The car has 20x9.5 wheels all the way around with relatively modest 275/35/20 tires front and rear. This car obviously can fit more rubber and I would love to take it back with some Vossen Forged on with the 305/30/20 we use. I think it would really help with some rear traction. I also think some super sports or cups would help tremendously.

23mqzpf.jpg

Sebring is a really bumpy track so you had to be careful at times not to upset the balance of the car. The power delivery is intoxicating on the straights, I would love to drive it on a track with a longer straight.

Lunch was pretty good and everyone in attendance was pretty cool. They even sold the black one to a very impressed attendee!!

Overall I was super impressed with the Roush Performance RS3 and how they presented themselves and took care of us all. :thumbsup: Let's just say the team at Vossen will have something special arriving next week. ;)

As for the Ford Mustang GT4, you can catch a glimpse of it in the video below. I will have a full seperate video featuring the car. It sounds and looks INCREDIBLE!!:hail:​
Sponsored