Stang
Sponsored

Last edited:

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
I even tried finding a Dorman equivalent stud with no luck. My understanding is you either drop down to the 1/2" and save some cash or stick with M14 and break the bank. I'm in the market for extended studs and feel your pain.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Here is a solution if you have need spacers as well as studs.

H&R hub wheel spacer kit include the correct length M14 studs with the notch cut into the head and ready to install. You can buy the studs from them as well but the wheel spacer kits are a good value if you need the spacers.

15mm and 17mm kits include 10 studs in the kit. You can find the kits for about $115.00 shipped.

http://www.trakplus.com/what

Dave

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Here is a solution if you have need spacers as well as studs.

H&R hub wheel spacer kit include the correct length M14 studs with the notch cut into the head and ready to install. You can buy the studs from them as well but the wheel spacer kits are a good value if you need the spacers.

15mm and 17mm kits include 10 studs in the kit. You can find the kits for about $115.00 shipped.

http://www.trakplus.com/what

Dave
Unless they have new studs then the ones they list on their website they would need to be welded in. The knurl is smaller than the Ford part by about .040". We know because this picture is what happened.

That said if they actually have a stud with the correct knurl diameter in 14mm for $4-5 a stud that would be great for the street guys. I would verify the studs they have in that kit before you buy.
H&R.jpg

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That does not look good, I have another set that are not installed, what is the measurement for the correct knurl and I will measure the ones I have to verify.

the ones I have in their current kit are:

knurl size - .625" or 15.875mm

I do not have a stock one handy to measure.

Dave

Unless they have new studs then the ones they list on their website they would need to be welded in. The knurl is smaller than the Ford part by about .040". We know because this picture is what happened.

That said if they actually have a stud with the correct knurl diameter in 14mm for $4-5 a stud that would be great for the street guys. I would verify the studs they have in that kit before you buy.

Last edited:

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
That does not look good, I have another set that are not installed, what is the measurement for the correct knurl and I will measure the ones I have to verify.

the ones I have in their current kit are:

knurl size - .625" or 15.875mm

I do not have a stock one handy to measure.

Dave
Dave, The .625" would be correct, did you measure the ones yourself or is that what they say they are. We would like to know, they do not list anything on their website that resembles a .625 knurl diameter. If they have a product that works that would be great.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Asking this question here as some of you posters may have removed the stock studs ... how much space is in the back of the hub before the splines on the stud no longer seat on the splines in the hub?

In other words, if you were to tap the stud as if you're removing it, how many mm's approximately would it need to be tapped before you could easily wiggle the stud?

I ask because it's either tap the stud back into the hub 3 mm or trim my studs 3 mm to fit a spacer size I'm considering. I'd think a tap of the stud for only 3 mm would be safe but just asking.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Asking this question here as some of you posters may have removed the stock studs ... how much space is in the back of the hub before the splines on the stud no longer seat on the splines in the hub?

In other words, if you were to tap the stud as if you're removing it, how many mm's approximately would it need to be tapped before you could easily wiggle the stud?

I ask because it's either tap the stud back into the hub 3 mm or trim my studs 3 mm to fit a spacer size I'm considering. I'd think a tap of the stud for only 3 mm would be safe but just asking.

Thanks!
If I'm reading this right you want to unseat them 3mm? That's a recipe for a mess. Once tightened they will pull the rest of the way back in.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Dave, The .625" would be correct, did you measure the ones yourself or is that what they say they are. We would like to know, they do not list anything on their website that resembles a .625 knurl diameter. If they have a product that works that would be great.
This is what I got, not the best pictures.
IMG_4309[1].jpg
IMG_4310[1].jpg