Sponsored

POLL: Satisfaction with Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Are you satisfied with Ford Performance Power Pack 2? MT or AT ?

• Total voters
OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So my question on the Power Pack would be this: Can I simply buy the CAI and the Throttle Body and have someone else dyno tune it specifically to my car so I can avoid all the issues you guys are seeing?
Yup. Lund provides custom tunes as well.
Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So my question on the Power Pack would be this: Can I simply buy the CAI and the Throttle Body and have someone else dyno tune it specifically to my car so I can avoid all the issues you guys are seeing?
Ya anything is possible. Though I'm not sure if these particular components would be the most desirable components to have if you are going aftermarket. We are kinda stuck with it since that's the setup ford performance used to assemble their package.

I would search this forum or look to aftermarket tuners offerings to see what combination of components (cold airs, throttle bodies, manifolds) they recommend.

I'm afraid the stock TB maybe better suited with a cold air and a tune than this GT350 TB and GT350 cold air. I would venture to guess that the rev hang issues were experiencing is due to the GT350 TB. I've read where some tuners were initially experiencing some drivability issues with the GT350 TB. However, I believe this has since been resolved for the most part.

An actual dyno tune will cost a lot more. You'll either have to find a reputable tuner to take it to or setup a remote session with a tuner and work out the logistics for how they want the dyno tests performed.

mike15gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just ordered my PP2 from Levittown. Added an FRPP oil separator in there as well as it seems some of you guys are having better results with that installed.
Now when 2nd winter goes away I'll get it installed and tested.
-Mike

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I have the rev hang issue with PP2 but only briefly while the engine is cold. It is actually pretty minor, and I'm certainly not ripping it out because of it. The power gains at the low end are very noticeable.

BTW PP2 is CARB approved. It comes with an EO sticker.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I have the rev hang issue with PP2 but only briefly while the engine is cold. It is actually pretty minor, and I'm certainly not ripping it out because of it. The power gains at the low end are very noticeable.

Did yours actually come with a sticker?

Sponsored

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink

How long would you say the rev hang lasts? I'm considering getting the PP2 and taking it up to Auto Nation in Torrance to get it installed as I read another member here had good success with them.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How long would you say the rev hang lasts? I'm considering getting the PP2 and taking it up to Auto Nation in Torrance to get it installed as I read another member here had good success with them.
Did you get an EO sticker? The only sticker that came with my kit was the 91 octane sticker.

I had my installed at AutoNation Ford in Torrance so far so good. No complaints. The following weekend I drove my car down to San Diego. I think it drives better than stock.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Did you get an EO sticker? The only sticker that came with my kit was the 91 octane sticker.

I had my installed at AutoNation Ford in Torrance so far so good. No complaints. The following weekend I drove my car down to San Diego. I think it drives better than stock.
Have not purchased it yet, it's sitting in the cart, and has been there for a while now. If I pull the trigger on it I'm taking it to Torrance based on your experience from the other thread :thumbsup:

I don't have an oil separator though, so I'm contemplating picking that up if it'll help with any possible pinging issues.

The other thing I noticed is yours is Auto and I'm running Manual so hopefully it turns out well overall.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have not purchased it yet, it's sitting in the cart, and has been there for a while now. If I pull the trigger on it I'm taking it to Torrance based on your experience from the other thread :thumbsup:

I don't have an oil separator though, so I'm contemplating picking that up if it'll help with any possible pinging issues.

The other thing I noticed is yours is Auto and I'm running Manual so hopefully it turns out well overall.
I have the oil separator on my car. It's not the one made by ford. The mechanic said that is probably the best mod you can have for your engine.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
So did all those not satisfied tell us why yet?

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
How long would you say the rev hang lasts?
It lasts less than five minutes. I usually let the car warm up until the idle drops to 1K. It hangs at the first light about a block from my house, and it doesn't hang after that. If I gave it another minute to warm up, it probably wouldn't hang at all. In fact I didn't even notice it until the third or fourth time I drove it after the install.

This might be a more annoying issue in colder climates, but it is always above 60* when I leave the house.

1BlinkGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
FWIW, The CARB approval for an oil separator is a misunderstood issue...its NOT needed, as much as some people claim otherwise. I will see if I can dig up the doc on that...I have a copy...and below I've linked to the bar.ca.gov website.

Here is the link to the CARB aftermarket Appendix: Look at pg G-2, under 'Other'...

https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/APPENDIX%20G%20final%2012-2009.pdf

There are ignorant/uneducated smoggers who will automatically disqualify just about anything, because they are afraid of losing their license. There are also ignorant sellers of aftermarket parts that won't sell their catch-cans to California because they don't know the truth. But the truth is in the link, directly from the horse's mouth. Please enjoy.

Last edited: