Sponsored

POLL: Satisfaction with Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Are you satisfied with Ford Performance Power Pack 2? MT or AT ?

• Total voters

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Fellow M6G'ers,

The recent release of the Ford Performance Power Packs has been a big phenomenon lately offering us different levels of performance gains depending on what you're after.

This poll is specifically for Power Pack 2. As it have been revealed that there has been complaints about some of the aspects of this product release.

Please vote on your satisfaction with this kit. No matter how you voted, please let us know why.

Thank you!

Edit: Although we want to hear your feedback, please only vote if you actually have the kit installed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
There are two switches on the clutch pedal. Top of travel and bottom of travel.

I wonder if the rev-hang and throttle modulation depends on touching these switches in a certain order. Or events happening in different sequences cause different behavior...

i could see something like this:
off throttle -> clutch off top -> clutch on bottom -> on throttle -> clutch off bottom -> clutch on top

being different from:
clutch off top -> off throttle -> clutch on bottom -> clutch off bottom -> on throttle -> clutch on top

also being different from the NLS:
clutch off top -> clutch on bottom -> clutch off bottom -> clutch on top

and then there are those who hurry things and may not hit all events:
clutch off top -> off throttle -> on throttle -> clutch on top

Each scenario could cause different TB behavior. The variable to eliminate at some point is the driver.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If anyone is having issues let them be heard!

What is the issue?
Has it been resolved?
How did you resolve it?

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
I am not having any issues. My tune works great and seems even smoother now that it has passed the "learn" phase.

FWIW I do have an oil separator installed already, on the passenger side.

Mine is a auto trans. I noticed that one other person with an auto is not satisfied with the PP2. I would be curious to know why????

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
No issues, other than the one I caused, with PP2. I also installed the FP Oil Separator and didn't have fitment issues others have mentioned. No ping either.

Some things Ford has claimed as "normal" which i do have along with others on here:
-TB thump when you turn the engine off.
-2,500 RPM+ rev hang while the engine is cold.

Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Mine pinged day 1 and may have either been heat related or just not enough time to learn because day 2 the ping is gone but temps are down 20 degrees from day 1. I will invest in an oil separator just in case it rears its ugly head when the warm weather returns. Overall, very satisfied with the performance gains.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I've had it in for about 50 miles now, and couldn't be happier. Dealership did a great job with the install, and the car runs fantastic.

I know some guys have had rev hang and knocking issues, but I have not. In fact, in my case, it even seemed to smooth the idle out.

Only complaint was I can't fit my FR air to oil separator. (Not a big deal, will use a JLT) Some guys have made it work, I couldn't.

Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Was installed today. No issues. I can tell the additional power. Sounds a little different. Power comes in great!

I was able to still utilize the Ford Performance oil operator.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I was able to still utilize the Ford Performance oil operator.
I ordered a frpp oil seprator and went on fine. One thing I noticed since adding is the idle on cold start drops within 5 seconds, before that it stayed high way long

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Remember folks, the more data that we can collect the better tool we have to enact a change/modification in this product.

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm still waiting for a response from ford performance regarding the rev hang and ping. The ping is my primary issue.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm still waiting for a response from ford performance regarding the rev hang and ping. The ping is my primary issue.
Keep us up to date on your findings and good luck!

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Keep us up to date on your findings and good luck!
I will. From the posts on the power pack thread it appears that people have actually been reporting the issues. I can only hope the FP reps have accumulated everyone's feedback and are now waiting to present it all to the calibration engineers and seek a solution. I just hope they provide an actual revision of sorts or try to capture data from someone actually experiencing issues.

The solutions offered thus far have only been Get better gas and an oil separator.

I'm so close to saying the hell with it and getting an aftermarket tune. I am wanting to plan days for going to track events but I am reluctant to do so as I am not confident in putting the car with this tune through its paces for a full track day.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I will. From the posts on the power pack thread it appears that people have actually been reporting the issues. I can only hope the FP reps have accumulated everyone's feedback and are now waiting to present it all to the calibration engineers and seek a solution. I just hope they provide an actual revision of sorts or try to capture data from someone actually experiencing issues. **

The solutions offered thus far have only been Get better gas and an oil separator. ***

I'm so close to saying the hell with it and getting an aftermarket tune. I am wanting to plan days for going to track events but I am reluctant to do so as I am not confident in putting the car with this tune through its paces for a full track day.****
** Yeah, sifting through all 161 pages of that again is not what I wanted to do. Hence making this separate thread.

*** That response really pissed me off as they do not have a CARB approved model. The whole reason of getting the kit was that its CARB approved(for me).

**** Totally cant blame you. I'm a big fan of track time and after I bought it all these issues came up which was a red-flag(no pun intended).

Keep up the good work! If I ever come out to OKC, first round of beers are on me:cheers:

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
So my question on the Power Pack would be this: Can I simply buy the CAI and the Throttle Body and have someone else dyno tune it specifically to my car so I can avoid all the issues you guys are seeing?
Sponsored