LeanBean_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang GT
hey guys,
how did you guys mount the seats? i just ordered Sparco Italy Rev seats.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Performance Package Mustang GT
hey guys,

Thanks for the help!
LeanBean_S550 if you wanted to use our products to install your seat the products you would need in order of floor to seat would be:

- Our R-9184 Drivers Side Seat Track Adapter or (R-9185 Passenger Side)
- Recaro Sliders which are always recommended because of their strength and dual locks. You can skip this step and use our R-9755 Side Mount for a more ridged/better setup, however I 5'11" and I could not see over the dash the seat was so low.
- Our R-9060 Side Mount (there will be 1/4" gap on either side that can be filled with washers/shims) or you can use a universal side mount however fit and finish will not be as nice.
- Then your Sparco REV

Then you can always add our R-9186 Sub-Strap Mount, optional R-9155 Clip in Lap Belt Mounts, or R-2018 Fire Extinguisher Mount if you want to add a 6-point harness and a fire extinguisher. All harness mount points are Lab tested to DOT & SAE standards.

Either way enjoy your new seats! You will be amazed at the difference it makes on the track. Best upgrade you can do IMHO.

The setup will look very similar to the pictures we have shared before.

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
hey guys,

Thanks for the help!

I'm not sure if Sparco has a seat mount for the Mustang but they probably do.

I used Planted Technologies floor mounts with COBRA side mounts.

You can also have a cage guy custom weld you a floor mount and side mounts.

BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Performance Package Mustang GT
The parts that need no matter who makes them are...

1. Seat track adapters, seat base, or floor mounts as Hulk_Smash called them
- These convert the floor bolt pattern position to a more univesal configuration.
2. The sliders which are optional if you can get away with not using them its makes for a more ridgid setup and gives you more feel through the seat
3. Side Mounts which attach the seat to the slider or seat track adapter
4. Your seat

Somethings to think about are... If you want to continue to use your three point belt you will need to find a place to mount the tunnel side seatbelt recptical. Some seat track adapter include a mount point some dont. Another important part is if you are installing 5- or 6- point harnesses make sure the mount you use is installed below sliders. Same with the lap belts. You dont want the weight of the harnesses relying on the sliders in an accident. Google image search aftermarket slider fail and you will see why.

or as Hulk_Smash said if you want to fully commit you car to aftermarket seats you can weld something in. I believe Watson Racing makes a weld in kit.
Sponsored