YLDHRS

YLDHRS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Convertible 'Stang!
I'm keen and in Melb, for me though I can't do any of it (that is I can't bring myself to remove the lights with my own ham-fisted hands) and just want to be sure of the outcome and method. Basically, I'm a pay up, drive in and drive out dude (pathetic I know, but true), but I really want the proper lights!
Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am just waiting for the ever elusive more powerful boards by DD, but I have spoken to [MENTION=20412]Banditvox[/MENTION] before and he knows my interest! Thanks Shane and John
What are these more powerful boards you speak of? As in the brightness coz the ones at the moment are plenty bright enough ;-P

OP
OP

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
What are these more powerful boards you speak of? As in the brightness coz the ones at the moment are plenty bright enough ;-P

AU's GT talking about dimmable boards and little bit brighter than existing ones. And the boards are only white and yellow not rgbWa.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ahh ok, cool cool. thanks mate. im happy with the current boards and the extra colours are cool for car shows etc

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
So cars sold in Austrailia dont have the regular drl we have in the states? Are you guys talkin bout the diode dynamics multi color senquential boards or what we have stock? .
Just tryin to understand the situation. .

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
So cars sold in Austrailia dont have the regular drl we have in the states? Are you guys talkin bout the diode dynamics multi color senquential boards or what we have stock? .
Export models don't have the sharkgill DRLs. Something to do with the EU regulations. What we're talking about here is how to install the DD boards (or stock US boards I guess, same process) without opening up our headlights

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
No DRL
No sequencing tail lights
No hood vents
No optioning of anything.

Crazy Aussies - love this car

The DD boards are available but there are issues with lack of brightness as a dedicated DRL.
I know that someone is working on a Aussie home grown DRL replacement.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The DD multi colour boards is what we are talking about although most will only use the white light and yellow indicator function

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No DRL
No hood vents

The DD boards are available but there are issues with lack of brightness as a dedicated DRL.
Any further details on the homegrown solution?

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
No DRL
No hood vents

Care to share the story on these home grown boards?

Sponsored

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Any further details on the homegrown solution?
Care to share the story on these home grown boards?

A Poindexter :D I know, has already mocked up the working leds. The only thing he lacks are the dimensions of the boards, as he has not seen first hand the internal drl area of the "Aussie" headlights.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I have these boards on my car in the states, love them.

I'm not one for RGB, but the white is true 5000k. Both the white and amber use dedicated LED's, so they are rather bright in daylight hours. These are a much better option than the OEM boards, IMO.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
A Poindexter :D I know, has already mocked up the working leds. The only thing he lacks are the dimensions of the boards, as he has not seen first hand the internal drl area of the "Aussie" headlights.
[MENTION=17222]FPV GT[/MENTION], I have a set of the Ford OEM led boards but no drivers for them:frusty:
If your "Poindexter" mate wants a look at them to get the dimensions or if he is local and wants to borrow them to get his measurements shoot me a PM. If he can make up drivers for them that would also solve my problem.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
@FPV GT , I have a set of the Ford OEM led boards but no drivers for them:frusty:
If your "Poindexter" mate wants a look at them to get the dimensions or if he is local and wants to borrow them to get his measurements shoot me a PM. If he can make up drivers for them that would also solve my problem.
[MENTION=19128]Gnome[/MENTION]

Great I will pass that on.
From what I am lead to believe, as he trying out more powerful led's, but there is a slight heat issue.
Also looking at ways of spreading and focusing the led - equals reduced numbers.

It is a sideline for him away from work, so it doesn't get much time allocated to it....more is the pity

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang