LIGHTNING BLUE GT350/R Thread

Cyoda44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium Vert
1. Can you describe why you were disappointed -- i.e., too dark/light, too purple, etc., and

2. Can you describe how LB compares to DIB in person?

I find that, in person, DIB looks significantly darker, and to have much more purple in it, than I see in pictures. So, I'm hoping LB is visibly lighter and less "purple-ish" than DIB, even if it's not as light as the debut car's Liquid Blue.

Thanks.
Those are my thoughts exactly. DIB has too much of a purple tint for me. I have looked at an Escape with LB and it is a "lighter" blue (I would call it a dark Medium blue) without the purple tint.
Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Report on Lightning Blue

OK, per jonesd's suggestion, I went and eyeballed a 2017 Escape in LB at a local dealer today. Bright, sunny day.

It's definitely lighter than DIB, but closer to DIB than Liquid Blue. To my eye, there's almost zero purple in it - which I really like. The closest-to-real-life-picture is the third pic in post #2 in this thread - where cars in all three new colors are displayed. To "get it," look at the LB car, and focus on the blue, not on the black stripes, and you will have a pretty good idea what it looks like. The only "tweak" I would offer is that it "pops" just a little more in person, but not quite as light / pop as it appears in the first two LB single-car shots of post #2.

Fortunately, there were multiple DIB GT's parked nearby, AND several Ruby Red Explorers directly opposite it.

You are going to have to go see this in person to make an informed choice.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm going to now have to take the wife by for the same heads up comparison, to see if I want to change my mind to Ruby Red. Why, when I so love the blue? Because it creates a sharper contrast with the black wheels and aero bits - which emphasizes its aggressiveness.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
OK, per jonesd's suggestion, I went and eyeballed a 2017 Escape in LB at a local dealer today. Bright, sunny day.

It's definitely lighter than DIB, but closer to DIB than Liquid Blue. To my eye, there's almost zero purple in it - which I really like. The closest-to-real-life-picture is the third pic in post #2 in this thread - where cars in all three new colors are displayed. To "get it," look at the LB car, and focus on the blue, not on the black stripes, and you will have a pretty good idea what it looks like. The only "tweak" I would offer is that it "pops" just a little more in person, but not quite as light / pop as it appears in the first two LB single-car shots of post #2.

Fortunately, there were multiple DIB GT's parked nearby, AND several Ruby Red Explorers directly opposite it.

You are going to have to go see this in person to make an informed choice.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm going to now have to take the wife by for the same heads up comparison, to see if I want to change my mind to Ruby Red. Why, when I so love the blue? Because it creates a sharper contrast with the black wheels and aero bits - which emphasizes its aggressiveness.
I couldn't agree more with all of your post. The last part of your post in particular is something that went through my head as well.

That ruby red with the black wheels is going to be one mean looking gt350. Im not even a red guy and im considering switching my order to it now.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
thanks for the pics and info. Its safe to say I'll be changing my order but have a feeling there is plenty of time before anything gets moving.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Haven't seen it posted anywhere yet so thought i would share this.

To be clear, this is not my car nor do i know who's car it is. Took this picture from another forum thread.

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I'm going to now have to take the wife by for the same heads up comparison, to see if I want to change my mind to Ruby Red. Why, when I so love the blue? Because it creates a sharper contrast with the black wheels and aero bits - which emphasizes its aggressiveness.

I totally get where you're coming from. If you want contrast, OW, TY, or AG provide a lot of it!

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
Haven't seen it posted anywhere yet so thought i would share this.

To be clear, this is not my car nor do i know who's car it is. Took this picture from another forum thread.

Does anybody know where this photo came from???

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
IDK, but wow.

Must be the photoshoot car, or some other preproduction car.
Looks better than I thought...

I had originally ordered a 17R in this colour scheme, but switched to AG. I hope I didn't make a mistake...

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
It was posted on svtperformance. His friend got him a test drive...or something like that.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Not really a much better picture but saw this one as well.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I posted those over there for the OP of that thread. Such a beautiful car

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
I posted those over there for the OP of that thread. Such a beautiful car
Yea, i saw the ford escape in the color down at the local car dealership and i really didn't think it fit very well. However on this car, at least in the pictures, it seems to work very well... Wish i could see it in person now on a gt350.
Sponsored