Sponsored

LIGHTNING BLUE GT350/R Thread

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing of interest at the moment
Anyone have a picture of Lightning Blue with white stripes?
I tried looking for one as well, so I decided to ask the wizards in the photoshop thread to conjure one up for me. Until the Mustang configurator is updated for 2017 or someone takes a picture of one out in the wild, this will have to do. Hope it helps!
bb.jpg
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
This is what ive ordered. It wont be quite so light of a shade, though like your pic, this is what id like. Does anyone else see the shade variance on the hood vs on the plastic facia. Facia looks lighter. Hope they get that squared away before production. Maybe should go with smurf blue instead :)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It could just be lighting. Regardless of what it is, you can bet there will not be a huge variance in color when it's in production.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I tried looking for one as well, so I decided to ask the wizards in the photoshop thread to conjure one up for me. Until the Mustang configurator is updated for 2017 or someone takes a picture of one out in the wild, this will have to do. Hope it helps!
I really like this color...tell ford to make it like this ;)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It could just be lighting. Regardless of what it is, you can bet there will not be a huge variance in color when it's in production.
I like the facia color, but not the shade darker tin. Hope it gets fixed up

Sponsored

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper

The color in that picture (which isnot really close to lighting blue)

is very similar to a '00-'02 Audi S4 color "Nogaro blue". The 350 would look fantastic if they did one in that color.

JB574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Can someone photoshop black roof, no stripes? Thanks.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
I posted this response in the gt350 order placed sticky thread. Figure i would post it here also in case anyone missed it:

For anyone wondering about lighting blue, your dealership may already have a car in that color.

Saw a new 2017 ford escape in lighting blue at planet ford in houston the other day, the color wasn't what i was expecting from the pictures i had seen online.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
We have an escape in lightning blue...have to say I was disappointed in person =(

Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
We have an escape in lightning blue...have to say I was disappointed in person =(
1. Can you describe why you were disappointed -- i.e., too dark/light, too purple, etc., and

2. Can you describe how LB compares to DIB in person?

I find that, in person, DIB looks significantly darker, and to have much more purple in it, than I see in pictures. So, I'm hoping LB is visibly lighter and less "purple-ish" than DIB, even if it's not as light as the debut car's Liquid Blue.

Thanks.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah....just getting the feeling im out on LB.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
lightning blue is a very nice color, close to the raptor. Today at work we have a 2015 SEMA roush "trak pak" mustang. I'm told the color is called "Blue Bayou" get it?
google it for pictures.

anyway, for comparison I got the sample paint sheets from Ford for Blue Flame (SZ) and Lightning Blue (N6) and took some photos for comparison