Sponsored

What is your best reaction story/stories?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I'm driving home from the Xpel installer, with all of 18 miles on the car - and with the exhaust open. I stop at a light, and blip the throttle just as a carload of twenty-somethings in a fifth-generation Camaro V6 pulls up to my left. It has all the best speed equipment on it, including rainbow tape stripes down the side, chrome door-edge guards and Rally Armor mud flaps. The front window goes down, and the Camaro driver yells at me. (Read this in your favorite accent.)

HIM: Hey, nice car - for an effin' Ford.
ME: Thanks - just got it.
HIM: So, ya wanna run to the next light?
ME: Sorry, don't have time.
HIM: Don't got time? Whaddya mean ya don't got time?
ME: I don't have time for you to take your Momma's car home and get your car and come back here. That can't be your car. Maybe another time...

The light turns green, and I turn right. My last vision of the Camaro is watching it wheeze across the intersection, with all the driver's buddies beating on him because he just got nailed.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm driving home from the Xpel installer, with all of 18 miles on the car - and with the exhaust open. I stop at a light, and blip the throttle just as a carload of twenty-somethings in a fifth-generation Camaro V6 pulls up to my left. It has all the best speed equipment on it, including rainbow tape stripes down the side, chrome door-edge guards and Rally Armor mud flaps. The front window goes down, and the Camaro driver yells at me. (Read this in your favorite accent.)

HIM: Hey, nice car - for an effin' Ford.
ME: Thanks - just got it.
HIM: So, ya wanna run to the next light?
ME: Sorry, don't have time.
HIM: Don't got time? Whaddya mean ya don't got time?
ME: I don't have time for you to take your Momma's car home and get your car and come back here. That can't be your car. Maybe another time...

The light turns green, and I turn right. My last vision of the Camaro is watching it wheeze across the intersection, with all the driver's buddies beating on him because he just got nailed.
Priceless. :cheers:

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
My best story:
My friend owns a C6 Grand Sport Vette. One afternoon we decide to take the wife's out for a nice drive and then some dinner. During are drive we come to a stop light. He is behind me in his Vette and he starts revving his engine. I look in the rear view mirror and see a Chevy truck beside him with the driver hanging out the window. So I rev my 5.2 beast a couple of times. The light turns green and we move on. As soon as we both get thru the light my phone rings and I answer. It's my buddies wife and she is laughing uncontrollably. So she attempts to tell me what just transpired. Apparently the guy hanging out the window of his truck is/was a Chevy fan. He was telling my buddy that his vette would smoke that mustang and he wanted him to rev the engine. Apparently after I revved my engine (in sport mode). They guy in the truck tells my buddy "well maybe not that mustang".

We had a good laugh at dinner!

Great story. I have one similar but it was in a Shelby GT500 I had modified with a Griggs suspension and a VMP blower (600 rwhp).

A few years back I was minding my business on the highway and pass a C6 Corvette and brand new Camaro SS with temp tags and they follow me as I exit. At the stoplight up pulls the Camaro to my left with the Corvette behind him. He yells over to me "Hey want to run?..I just beat my buddies C6". Sure I said. Light turns green, he gets the jump, I feather 1st, shift into 2nd and slingshot past him 4 or 5 car lengths like he was in reverse. A minute later they catch up at the next light....all quiet now haha.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I parked at our local park district last Saturday afternoon picking my daughter up from an art class. On the way out I encounter a park district employee admiring the car. He told me he left his post and chased a few teen aged boys away who had been tossing a frisbee around "too close to such a nice car". I thanked him and thought, it's probably best he saw those kids before I did. I can't guaranty I would've been as polite.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
A blonde moment...

Yesterday when I pulled out of the driveway (with the exhaust open, of course), the neighbor across the street saw the car for the first time. She yelled, "Wow, is that the new Tesla?"

I just waved and drove on.

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
Although some dealers think it is hahaha...
KGTG350 - 16' GT350
Noticed in your sig, you're in Menifee. Did you buy from the Temecula dealer? I was just near there helping my mom shop for a car...not a 350 though..lol

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Security guard at my office chased away a truck full of guys taking pictures on their way to work. Apparently they called the building manager and claimed harassment. When that didn't work they called the police. When I went to lunch the cop was at the building laughing with the guard. He jokingly asked me why I was causing problems on his beat by parking my car in public.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
A blonde moment...

Yesterday when I pulled out of the driveway (with the exhaust open, of course), the neighbor across the street saw the car for the first time. She yelled, "Wow, is that the new Tesla?"

I just waved and drove on.
That's a nice sounding Tesla you've got there. Oh wait...:doh:

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I approached a 2014 GT on the interstate this weekend and "overtook them at a rate of speed higher than their own". :D When I slowed down, they caught up, and a young lady was hanging out of the passenger window giving me the thumbs up and taking pics and video with her phone. I smiled for the camera, gave them a wave, and got off at the next exit.

Sponsored

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
First cars and coffee I brought the car to. It was January so it was the first most had seen. Everyone was interested and the comeraderie was great across all types of gear heads. One of my closest friends in the area is an m3 enthusiast I met that day.

I let an older gentleman with an original GT350 (1966) rev it up. He just sat there for awhile afterwards.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
This weekend at the car show, one of the most popular statements was, "You didn't pay what's on the window for that car... I know it."

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
Noticed in your sig, you're in Menifee. Did you buy from the Temecula dealer? I was just near there helping my mom shop for a car...not a 350 though..lol

No I actually picked mine up in national city in December. The dealer in temecula just sold one for 20k mark up two weeks ago. I know one of the guys there was cool enough to inform me.

I guess there is another guy near by with an all black gt350 too [emoji1360][emoji1360]. Still waiting to randomly pull up next to my twin haha

You local out here?

GT2344

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic Silver HP/TP
Ok....this one has to be some kind of record...

My DIB Tech pack came in on a Monday (about 2 weeks ago). I ordered the R red brembos and my dealer agreed to do the swap since they had to install the front splitter anyway. So I pick up the Shelby and I had promised the master mechanic a case of beer for taking good care of my baby. On the way to nearest stop-n-rob, not a mile away from the dealership, I get pulled over by an unmarked Tahoe. The plainclothes investigator was on the main 3 lane highway and crossed over the grassy median to get to me....less than a mile after picking her up!!! The cop tells me "I noticed you keeping up with highway traffic on the access road and I could hear your exhaust from up there. I'm not gonna lie to you...I look at cars drivin' up and down this highway all day and this is this nicest car I've seen" (he then has a significant pause as he's gazing at my Blue Demon)..."ever!"

"Slow it down."

And then he cut me loose, no ID check, no insurance check.

Less than a friggin' mile from the dealership.

Plenty of thumbs up while driving, lots of people taking pics too. I haven't really taken it anywhere except to get the window film, XPEL, and Track Pack spoiler installed. Still don't have my plates and I don't want to risk getting pulled over...again.
Sponsored