Sponsored

Craig's Custom license plate mounting bracket NO DRILL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We now have the GT350 brackets in stock!

Unlike the other removable or hide away brackets out there, our all new 2015-2016 S550 “No Drill” front license plate bracket is absolutely that, “No Drill”. Don’t get sucked in by the gadget type hide away type claims of the other bracket options on the market. This is the best option, hands down!

* Made in the USA from non-corrosive metal (aluminum and stainless steel)
* Light weight
* Quickly and easily removable for car shows and cleaning
* Places the license plate on the center of the bumper where it was intended to be mounted.
* The 3M tape will not leave any sticky residue if/when you decide to completely remove it.

The bracket that holds the license plate is laser cut from 16ga plate stainless steel (NOT PLASTIC) weighing in at only 7 oz. with the license plate attached. It has rubber bumper protection in place, to prevent vibration and so no metal part of the bracket never touches the painted portion of the car.

The mounting base is 6061 Billet Aluminum machined with a stainless steel mounting stud pressed into the base. It comes with a custom knurled thumb nut used to fasten the license plate bracket to the mounting base. The mounting base is attached to the bumper cover, out of sight, using 3M 5952 VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive tape, some of 3M’s strongest bonding tape on the market. This VHB tape will bond despite extreme ground-to-air temperature swings of 150°F to -40°F (65°C to -40°C) and support up to 90 lbs/in2. This bracket has 3 square inches of tape that adheres.

The mounting base also has optional counter sunk holes to mount it using screws in addition to the tape (not required).

The all new attachment design was tested at various stages. It was initially tested by mounting the base to a painted surface with the bracket attached and we let it sit for a week; it didn’t move. Then we hung 10lbs of weight off the mounting base with the bracket attached and let it sit for a week; it didn’t move. Then we hung 41lbs of concrete off the mounting base; it didn’t move (see video). Then we mounted it on a 2015 Mustang GT, took it up to 100mph using the 3M tape mounting option; it didn’t move. The mount is tested and proven and under no circumstances requires any additional screws to hold it in place. Trust me, I had to pull a mounting base off JLT’s car to mount the final version and it was stuck on tighter than @#$%^&!

Here is a link to a test video we did on the mounting base and it’s ability to hold weight:

[ame]

This bracket is very low profile and can hardly be seen when mounted. It places the license plate exactly where it is intended to be placed, not under the front splitter where it gets ripped off by curbs, steep driveways or when you forget to put it up before driving. The mounting base can be installed in minutes and the license plate bracket installed and removed in seconds using our quick release thumb nuts. If you want a more permanent attachment, you can use a 1/4 x 20 nylon locking type nut and washer.

A lot of thought went into this bracket to make it the best option on the market for 2015-2016 S550 Mustang owners and I know you won’t be disappointed. Thank you for choosing Craig’s Custom Mustang Brackets as your option for a “No Drill” front license plate holder.

We have these in stock and shipping for the 2015-2016 GT350 Models!

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=445_456&products_id=370

Mustang6g Forum members get 5% off with code: MF6G5%

Sponsored

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
FWIW - I have one of these on my 350 and it works perfectly. Even made it through a small car wash. Thanks Craig for designing an elegant solution for a common problem.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
We now have the GT350 brackets in stock!

Unlike the other removable or hide away brackets out there, our all new 2015-2016 S550 “No Drill” front license plate bracket is absolutely that, “No Drill”. Don’t get sucked in by the gadget type hide away type claims of the other bracket options on the market. This is the best option, hands down!

* Made in the USA from non-corrosive metal (aluminum and stainless steel)
* Light weight
* Quickly and easily removable for car shows and cleaning
* Places the license plate on the center of the bumper where it was intended to be mounted.
* The 3M tape will not leave any sticky residue if/when you decide to completely remove it.

The bracket that holds the license plate is laser cut from 16ga plate stainless steel (NOT PLASTIC) weighing in at only 7 oz. with the license plate attached. It has rubber bumper protection in place, to prevent vibration and so no metal part of the bracket never touches the painted portion of the car.

The mounting base is 6061 Billet Aluminum machined with a stainless steel mounting stud pressed into the base. It comes with a custom knurled thumb nut used to fasten the license plate bracket to the mounting base. The mounting base is attached to the bumper cover, out of sight, using 3M 5952 VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive tape, some of 3M’s strongest bonding tape on the market. This VHB tape will bond despite extreme ground-to-air temperature swings of 150°F to -40°F (65°C to -40°C) and support up to 90 lbs/in2. This bracket has 3 square inches of tape that adheres.

The mounting base also has optional counter sunk holes to mount it using screws in addition to the tape (not required).

The all new attachment design was tested at various stages. It was initially tested by mounting the base to a painted surface with the bracket attached and we let it sit for a week; it didn’t move. Then we hung 10lbs of weight off the mounting base with the bracket attached and let it sit for a week; it didn’t move. Then we hung 41lbs of concrete off the mounting base; it didn’t move (see video). Then we mounted it on a 2015 Mustang GT, took it up to 100mph using the 3M tape mounting option; it didn’t move. The mount is tested and proven and under no circumstances requires any additional screws to hold it in place. Trust me, I had to pull a mounting base off JLT’s car to mount the final version and it was stuck on tighter than @#$%^&!

Here is a link to a test video we did on the mounting base and it’s ability to hold weight:

This bracket is very low profile and can hardly be seen when mounted. It places the license plate exactly where it is intended to be placed, not under the front splitter where it gets ripped off by curbs, steep driveways or when you forget to put it up before driving. The mounting base can be installed in minutes and the license plate bracket installed and removed in seconds using our quick release thumb nuts. If you want a more permanent attachment, you can use a 1/4 x 20 nylon locking type nut and washer.

A lot of thought went into this bracket to make it the best option on the market for 2015-2016 S550 Mustang owners and I know you won’t be disappointed. Thank you for choosing Craig’s Custom Mustang Brackets as your option for a “No Drill” front license plate holder.

We have these in stock and shipping for the 2015-2016 GT350 Models!

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=445_456&products_id=370

Mustang6g Forum members get 5% off with code: MF6G5%

They are on back-order according to the online web portal. Is there any updates concerning availability? I am still going to order, but my car will be here next week and in Virginia, we need a front plate. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They are on back-order according to the online web portal. Is there any updates concerning availability? I am still going to order, but my car will be here next week and in Virginia, we need a front plate. Thanks.
We have them on order right now, I'll see if I can get an update on them today.

Thanks!

Vinny

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Look's like we should be getting 7 more in today!

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Just received my new plate holder today...awesome. Just in time too. Dealer called today said car should be loaded on carrier and should be deliver between Friday and Tuesday

These non-screw in plate holders are great and solidly built, very nice work guys. Thank you for such a great product.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
If you have a Craig's mount on your GT 350, could you please measure and post the dimensions of the mounting base? I'm having Xpel applied and need to leave a "window" in the Xpel for the adhesive pad. Thanks!

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Allow 3" wide x 1-1/8" deep and you should be OK.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
How do guys deal with a car wash?
What car wash? The only car wash I put this car through consists of elbow grease and a leather chamois to dry it. I experimented with a touch less car wash, okay if you want to get pollen and minor dirt off; however, I am not sure i trust the pressure wash part being used on the racing stripes as it could potentially cause the stripes to lift on the edges. Just my thoughts and my experiences.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.