Sponsored

What are your track/AutoX alignment settings?

MCJUNKMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Wow that's an awesome setup, pretty jealous that you get to run COTA.

I was wondering if you might be willing to share what you use for your "bespoke" leveling/turn plate system. I recently decided that I am tired of paying shops for alignments and purchased a camber/caster gauge, but cant bring myself to spend big money on turn plates.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I use bespoke sarcastically as i have a friend that uses the term often. I like the quotes :). I made levelers out of steel plates and swivel feet from the hardware store. I used pinned linoleum tile with grease in between to do caster. Marked the degrees out. It worked "good enough." I'm currently searching around for some cheap levelers and turn plates. Eventually I'll get scales again too to have a full set up, but probably not anytime soon. Enjoy playing with setup, but just too many other projects currently.

MCJUNKMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the reply! That sounds similar to what I think was some Hot Rod article I read a while back and therefore pretty similar to what I was considering. Luckily I have a nice set of scales at work that I can use so I at least can get that for free.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I had a great setup for a long time back home. Several friends bought a shop together as a place to keep and work on their stuff. Dyno, alignment rack, wheel mounting and balancing machine, etc... after spending most of my life crawling around on my back in the dirt, it was nice to not have to struggle as much.

Alas, back to crawling around on my back. Concrete now though :). Moving up in the world!

MCJUNKMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I can only dream to have a setup like that at some point haha. I can't believe I hadn't noticed the RX in your avatar sooner, it looks amazing, must be devastatingly quick on the road course.

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Question for the alignment hawks out there; I'm seriously looking at purchasing a set of RideTech Level 2 coilovers. I've looked at these hard and spoke to Josh at RideTech about them. I thought I was going to get the aFe Featherlights, but I'm one of those guys that can't stand suspension noises and from the info I've gathered, the aFe's are not the most quiet. The RideTech's are and I like the quality of the product.

My concern however is how much negative camber I can dial in with the RideTechs. They do not work with caster camber plates since the upper mount is completely integral and replaces the factory mounts. The upper mount is slotted and the upper hole of the lower mount is slotted. According to Josh I should expect a maximum negative camber of around 2.3 degrees.

For track use with a good set of street tires I believe this may be enough, but I'm not sure. What about with a set of dedicated track wheels and tires?

Thoughts? Pic below for reference
RideTech Level 2.jpg

Last edited:

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Most are not getting much more than -2.5 deg with camber plates. If you want more you will need to slot the lower strut mounting holes as well

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I helped develop this kit. In my opinion 2.25 is enough for track use. You wouldn't need much more until you run slicks. The extra amount of caster gained with the kit makes up the camber. The Mustang has a lot of camber gain being double ball joint setup.

Quality ? YES! The rear setup is leaps and bounds beyond what others are doing. And allows for better suspension compression, along with a longer shock. If your going to track the car let them know and they will up the spring rate.

Bounds? 1,000,001 mile warranty

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Yes, I spoke with Josh and we agreed upon a higher spring rate. I do like the quality of these coilovers! In fact, he pointed me to a vendor that is having a Memorial Day Sale and I'm able to get them for a great price. I'm just wondering if I'm worrying to much about not being able to get more negative camber for a dedicated wheel and tire (slicks) without modifying the strut.

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I've have a 20mm bolt on spacer for my 19x11 wheels and can get 3.8 camber, but braking performance suffered with the POTENZA Re-71 tires. Now this is with a 275 and its directional. So 3.8 was to much. I've found the happy place with temps and performance to
be around 2.-2.25. Currently running the car 2.5 front and rear and the car is very balanced. 425 front springs and 600 rears.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Based on some of the info I've been gathering, I think I'm going to give these a shot. It seems people who are running a more extreme negative camber are running full-on race tires. If I get to the point where I need to increase the camber that much to increase my lap times, then I'll consider it an accomplishment and spend the money to modify them or upgrade.

[MENTION=14941]apex15stangPP[/MENTION], the standard rates for the Level 2's is 300/400. Josh recommended a 350/450 setup. I notice you are running much more aggressive rates with the TQ's. Does the dual stage compression adjustments allow for the higher rates or do you just use the car for track use and street ride is purely secondary?

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My car is primary track. So for street driving his suggestion is fine. I drive the car very hard, and 90% track use.

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
I'm running 18x11 up front and 18x12s in rear using the ride tech triple setup. It is sitting with -2.6 in front and -1.8 on the rear in this photo. I am running the 16mm camber bolt in the bottom as -2.3 was basically the limit without the camber bolt. I got up to -3.0 but don't feel its necessary for my setup on 200 tread wear tires. Tire temps are good at -2.6 and -2.7. It is also running mostly BMR Swaybars and IRS bushings, toe links, and vertical links.
OptimaNJMP-1 (2 of 293).jpg

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I'm running 18x11 up front and 18x12s in rear using the ride tech triple setup. It is sitting with -2.6 in front and -1.8 on the rear in this photo. I am running the 16mm camber bolt in the bottom as -2.3 was basically the limit without the camber bolt. I got up to -3.0 but don't feel its necessary for my setup on 200 tread wear tires. Tire temps are good at -2.6 and -2.7. It is also running mostly BMR Swaybars and IRS bushings, toe links, and vertical links.
That's great info, thanks. I have a host of BMR IRS parts coming as well as front and rear sway bars by Steeda.
Sponsored