MGW RAISES THE BAR ONCE AGAIN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Are the gripper knobs or flat sticks up on the site yet? Not seeing them.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Are the gripper knobs or flat sticks up on the site yet? Not seeing them.

Not yet...they should be up this month. We do have them in stock though.

You can call and order. 706-793-1770

George

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Just ordered mine over the weekend. I should be home in a few weeks. I hope its waiting for me when I get there.

Sponsored

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Finally joined the MGW club. I don't have the wrenching experience a lot of guys on here have and I've also got some decent sized arms, so the install took me all afternoon and evening on jack stands, but I'm happy with the result. Definitely takes a tad more muscle to move, but instills a lot more confidence. 1 to 2 doesn't feel as difficult or as long and 2-3 feels much more solid.

Has anyone else noticed that their shifter sits to the right? I feel like I remember reading that the older models sat to the left?? Something I can't really tell when driving, just something I noticed and wondering if anybody else has noticed the same.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Did you get the S550 handle? I believe the original handles were the same as the S197 which were offset to the right for clearance with the console. MGW revised the handle to center it shortly after release. Should have S550 engraved on the handle. Mine is centered.

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the race spec with the flat stick option? Curious if it sits centered.Would like see pics if possible.
Really want and an orange shift knob which I don't see available from MGW, what knobs will fit? Thanks in advance.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
contact george at MGW, he maybe able to accomdate some custom options for you

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Did you get the S550 handle? I believe the original handles were the same as the S197 which were offset to the right for clearance with the console. MGW revised the handle to center it shortly after release. Should have S550 engraved on the handle. Mine is centered.
Yep it has S550 engraved on it. Wonder why mine sits to the right. When I park and put it in 1st it looks as if its sitting in 3rd.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Yep it has S550 engraved on it. Wonder why mine sits to the right. When I park and put it in 1st it looks as if its sitting in 3rd.

The new uppers are offset to the left now but the shifter will still be slightly more to the right because you have TWO gates on the left and only one on the right,

email me a pic of the upper to make sure it has the 15-18 but i am betting its fine.

also you can adjust it even more if you lower the trans and nudge the trans over to the drivers side some. it may have shifted when you installed the race spec.

george

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
The new uppers are offset to the left now but the shifter will still be slightly more to the right because you have TWO gates on the left and only one on the right,

email me a pic of the upper to make sure it has the 15-18 but i am betting its fine.

also you can adjust it even more if you lower the trans and nudge the trans over to the drivers side some. it may have shifted when you installed the race spec.

george
Appreciate your input, George. That makes sense that it could be the trans. I may not have let the crossmember "neutralize" sufficiently when putting the bolts back in. I'll get up under it when I get a chance and loosen the crossmember, maybe try to nudge it over some. Really happy with the shifter thus far. The time and ingenuity that went into its design is very apparent. Thanks again.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.