Sponsored

ETIS and Window Sticker Process

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
According to window sticker, my car was built on 31 Mar.
I got an email from Ford on the 12th of April saying it has been built and it is on its way from Flatrock to be shipped.
I got a Private Message on this forum from FordAU saying it reached the docks on the 13th April.

I have used the Track and Trace link - but NO RECORDS FOUND... any idea how long it will take to be allocated to a boat ?
4 - 6 weeks from getting to the dock
Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I got an email from Ford on the 12th of April saying it has been built and it is on its way from Flatrock to be shipped.
I got a Private Message on this forum from FordAU saying it reached the docks on the 13th April.

I have used the Track and Trace link - but NO RECORDS FOUND... any idea how long it will take to be allocated to a boat ?
Generally 4-6 weeks, although some have been a bit quicker. Its a bit of a crap shoot really.

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
GT 6MT, Falcon FGX XR6 Ute & Focus ST

your lucky you got feedback from Ford telling you its at the docks, FordNZ not so good. my build date was 10 days before yours and I have not seen it pop up on the shipping web site, I am thinking its going to be in the next 2 to 3 weeks from what I have read, until it gets booked on a ship. on the plus side there seems to be a good shipping schedule for May heading your way. (quite a few vessels)

ortovosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Mustang fastback
When I saw this ... I was so excited i would be on the boat .... but alas no

Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
How out of the loop are some dealers? Emailed mine letting them know I've been tracking it, know it's On the Tijuca arriving in Melbourne 11th may. Get a reply back 'we aren't expecting it til mid June' *eye roll*

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Generally speaking, very out of touch. I've gotten sick of not getting info and am going in on the weekend to talk to them in person. I need to have a final look at the Ranger anyway.

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
I am resigned to the fact that Ford dealerships are hopeless. Great product, don't get me wrong. 2013 Focus ST order, all smiles during the sign up, then procurement / supply chain issues with delivery. 2015 Falcon FGX Ute, over promised and under delivered. I waited 3 months for it to arrive when told during sign up 4 to 6 weeks. The key to all of this is getting your VIN number and doing your own tracking that's for sure, its such a shame that there is such a black hole between build date and it showing up in the 2W site.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
It's not just Ford. I've bought a wide range of brands for myself as well as family and friends and haven't really been happy with 99% of them. Ironically the best of the lot was with the cheapest car. My very first new car, a Suzuki GTi way back when. The sales people were good, knew their stuff, were straight forward, gave me a good price, bought me lunch while going through the process, loaned me a different vehicle for the weekend that I mentioned another mate was considering (a Vitara) and when the car was ready to be delivered came and picked me up from home so I didn't have to catch a bus in. It didn't end their either, I was loaned other vehicles just to see what they were like as new models were released and frequently received tickets to events they were involved in, track days, access to their hospitality tents at race events etc.

Now I don't expect all those extras when I buy a car but it'd be nice to at least get someone who can communicate, is honest and follows through on promises.

The Mustang isn't the most expensive car I've bought but so far I'm not impressed with the service and communication though it also hasn't been my worst experience.

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
shipping schedule May to July

Sponsored

ozhood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 (Ordered), FG XR6, Ford Territory
My car is "In Transit" now, so presumably, on it's way to the docks at Baltimore. I "might" make it on to the Figaro, but more likely the Tamesis or the Tonsberg.

Brief period of excitement.

Back to waiting....

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
My car is "In Transit" now, so presumably, on it's way to the docks at Baltimore. I "might" make it on to the Figaro, but more likely the Tamesis or the Tonsberg.

Back to waiting....
mine was built 21-3-17 and still no sign of it on the 2W web site.

knocking the VIN back to 1FA6P8CF4H5 in the search field shows they are loading 1FA6P8CF4H529****** VINs which is a long way back from my VIN number 1FA6P8CF4H5308***

right now I cant see mine showing up on the 2W web site till June with delivery in July but at least there are 4 sailings in May so fingers crossed they clear some of those cars off the docks a bit quicker.

Jules-2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So cool can now track the voyage of TYSLA which my car is on. FYI VesselFinder I have found the best for free with good updates. Also on ios

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

MetsGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Back to waiting....
Mine was also built on 27/05 :)

In transit indeed

P.S. My dealer told me delivery apprx 15th July.
Sponsored