Sponsored

Best washing solutions

Glhshelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Shelby GT350 Avalanche Gray w/Tech Package
Ok, I need some input from the experienced crew here. My GT350 is really the first car that I have owned where I expect to still have 20 years from now, so I'm a lot more concerned with washing and upkeep.

Since I'm in a downtown condo and don't have easy access to water I was going to go with Adams Rinseless wash for standard cleaning, especially when winter hits. But my rotors are already covered in dust and I want to clean them. Can anyone share their cleaning routines/ best practices and what products they like? Or anything to avoid doing?

Thanks!
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Your rotors are covered in dust? Or your wheels? Just get some wheel cleaners. I normally just wash the wheels when I wash the car. Keeps them clean.
I remember I used to live in a condo on the 3rd floor I would go buy long ass garden hoses and connect them together and install a three way valve to my shower and wash my car in the parking lot. Lol.

hotfoot

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your choice of Adams products is a good one. I've tried them all and they are the best. Their detail spray is second to none and exceeds what you realize with far more labor intensive waxes. A coat or two of the Adams detail spray(pink stuff) and you will bead water 6months later. Enjoy the new ride.

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Hey Shawn - give me a call. You can always just wash it in my driveway.

That looks really weird in type, but the offer still stands.

Kevin

Sponsored

OP
OP

Glhshelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Shelby GT350 Avalanche Gray w/Tech Package
Hey Shawn - give me a call. You can always just wash it in my driveway.

That looks really weird in type, but the offer still stands.

Kevin
Thanks for the offer Kevin! Lol, I promise I'll keep my shirt on when I do :D

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Hahahaha. I will be drooling over the car though. Mine is built, just waiting on shipping........

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
Last night I read in another thread that the stripes scratch really easy because they're vinyl. Just a heads up.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Got me laughing!

Auto geek forums are full of anal car nerds like us (me) and there's endless reading there.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/

Everyone has an opinion but unless you're just getting the dust off, I'd never use a waterless spray to wash a dirty car. IMO, those products are for people who aren't paying attention to swirls/marring being introduced into their clearcoat (you know, the spiderweb effect). There's no gravity reversing magical formula that makes it ok to scrub a dirty car with towel.

I think one of the newest and best technologies (and the first thing I'll have done) is a high performance sealant. It helps keep the car from getting dirty in the first place and combined with careful washing can help keep the small scratches and swirls at bay. YouTube cquartz and ...I think it's called gtechniq or something along those lines.

Good luck!
Sponsored