Boss manifold install **HELP**

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Ok i'll start off by saying ive never worked on cars before in my life, and I am doing everything to my new mustang myself just to enjoy the challenge.

Im installing the boss manifold and am almost done but theres one plug, and one empty hole on my jlt intake, but im not sure it goes there. It would be a bitch to get on if it did. I already re-routed the purge valve, and the only photo ive ever seen of a boss manifold on a 15 had the upper plug of the jlt left open? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
This is the only other photo i could find on the internet of a Boss manifold on a s550, and as you see the upper plug on the JLT is empty, and i dont see from the pic where he put that other plug...

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
That port on the intake is to provide vacuum to the CMCV module for its function, since that has been replaced by the boss manifold, it is a free port. That hose you have is for the vent tube that runs to the purge valve from the gas tank. That vent tube needs to be clipped onto the purge valve and then a vacuum source needs to go to the other port on the purge valve and routed to the intake manifold. That port on the intake can be plugged.

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
crap, I plugged this line into the purge valve then into the manifold. If i replace it with that one, then what would i do with the highlighted line? THANKS Kris youve been so much help!

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
And FYI I was actually surprised how close the hood comes to closing. It will actually latch shut with no force at all, just wont quite get down to the second fully closed latch...

Sponsored

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
on that other picture it looks like he just pulled that whole metal bar and line out? You can see it sitting on the driver side strut... Im so confused... lol

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Try and latch it with the top cover off! Unless you already cut the hood.

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
dont think taking the over off would be quite enough. It looks like it needs a full 3/4 inch

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
That metal line that he has draped over the strut tower is for the brake booster.

Lets review. On the factory setup to the intake manifold you have a vacuum line to the brake booster which runs into a conjunction before the manifold to a line to the intake and then other end seems to run to the back of the manifold, the purge valve attaches to the manifold and on the other port you have the line that is for the gas vent tube, then the valve cover vent.

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
That metal line that he has draped over the strut tower is for the brake booster.

Lets review. On the factory setup to the intake manifold you have a vacuum line to the brake booster which runs into a conjunction before the manifold to a line to the intake and then other end seems to run to the back of the manifold, the purge valve attaches to the manifold and on the other port you have the line that is for the gas vent tube, then the valve cover vent.
Im sorry but that confused me even more. So either the yellow arrow line or the green arrow line plug into the purge valve, then what to do with the other one?

Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Sorry for the confusion. The green line runs to the purge valve on one of its ports and the other port on the purge valve will have the little line that you made and that the install guide says to do. The yellow is for the brake booster which will attach directly to the manifold. Did that make sense?

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Hope this helps some.
help_zpsqrt7cksj.jpg

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
There are no other ports to plug the brake booster line into. Theres 2 on the drivers side. the upper one is the line that comes from the purge valve, the lower one is the large hose. And the only line on the passenger side goes to the oil separator??

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
theres only 3 ports total

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Remove the sticky foam I pointed out in your picture and take a picture of it? If you don't mind.
Sponsored