Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Rear window tints, Clifford alarm and hidden fuel cut off switch and tracker and that's the height of it.

Waited this long for it I won't take any chances lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Hi Bobsp12, Could you please tell me who you bought your US style GT rear panel ,fang lower grille and OEM strut tower brace from, thanks.
Pm sent..

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

ou701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I want to improve the handling balance and grip for track days, without screwing up the ride for my daily commute. I'm waiting to read more forum opinions, but I think a set of coilovers might be the best way to go. Maybe an airbox, dyno tune, Ford Racing Touring exhaust, strut tower and K member braces, comp. brake fluid, harder pads, spare set of wheels, spare R spec tyres (but which?), the list goes on, but my bank balance will be the final decider. Had some fun with a rental 5.0 V8 GT coupe in Hawaii in March - can't wait for mine to arrive.

I'd be interested in hearing from other guys interested in track days who have ideas on what parts to go for. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Ian (Sydney)

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I want to improve the handling balance and grip for track days, without screwing up the ride for my daily commute. I'm waiting to read more forum opinions, but I think a set of coilovers might be the best way to go. Maybe an airbox, dyno tune, Ford Racing Touring exhaust, strut tower and K member braces, comp. brake fluid, harder pads, spare set of wheels, spare R spec tyres (but which?), the list goes on, but my bank balance will be the final decider. Had some fun with a rental 5.0 V8 GT coupe in Hawaii in March - can't wait for mine to arrive.

I'd be interested in hearing from other guys interested in track days who have ideas on what parts to go for. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Ian (Sydney)
Firstly Welcome to the Forum! I recommend taking a look at the Technical Subforum on here, that will have enough information to make you go broke in no time!

A common problem with the Mustang is wheel hop due to the IRS and there are two major providers who help reduce this, BMR or Steeda. Personally I am going with BMR,

The parts I am choosing is BMR BK049 Poly Diff Bushing, BMR CB005 IRS Cradle Lockout, BMR TCA045 Vertical Links, BMR TR005 Toe Rods. A set of Viking shocks should also be more than enough. To tackle the wheel hop issue. If you wanted to make the car feel like a Go Kart you could also upgrade front and rear sway bars.

The other major complaint with the Mustang is the shifter, there are two major options to remedy this as well. MGW or Barton, both a short throw shifters which eliminate the play in the standard gear box, MGW mounts to the transmission but does not retain the reverse lockout where as the Barton retains the reverse lockout but does not mount to the transmission. My choice will be the Barton shifter.

Another mod to tighten up shifting is the Steeda transmission bushing, which helps reduce movement in the transmission which could cause lock out. A braided clutch line and changing transmission fluid to Royal Purple will also help.

Braking you could always go for the upgraded fluid and braided lines, it comes with 6 piston Brembos up front which is more than enough for most applications, I haven't heard of many issues with fading.

Any other questions feel free to ask, I have a lot of mods planned as you can see below in my signature!

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
My Borla S type catback system with black tips arrived yesterday....it's a big heavy box full........only six months to go until I can fit it......a huge shout out to Beefcake Racing for a brilliant price and shipping that was cheap and fast....hit him up for a price if you are looking for mustang parts.
The Borlas do have a distributor in Aus...in Canberra, but I wanted to build a rapport with a shop in the states who sold more than one product...I had calculated that the cost of the exhaust from the Aus supplier or Beefcake would have been about the same, but once delivered I came out a couple of hundred dollars ahead....very happy, the spare room is getting chockers with Mustang parts...

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
All mods in sig.

Bought and paid for. Should have everything in about 2 weeks when the MGW is ready. :thumbsup:

Wanted Vossen wheels but they're $4000 a set lol

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
That "to get" list doesn't get any shorter HybridGT....there are too many bits for these things...

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Out of curiosity what did the shipping cost Bobsp12?

I'm considering the S type myself.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
WILDB.....Beefcake charged USD $200 to ship....a lot cheaper than most, considering it weighs close to 30kg...it only took seven days as well.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Ford Racing level 2

Initially I'm going to do the following to my Race Red GT 5.0 6 Speed Manual Fastback,

Catch Can/Oil Seperator - (Probalbly the JLT Brand)
Strut Tower Brace - (Either a geniune Ford or one of the many 'After Market' ones)
Radiator Coolant Tank - (Probably the JLT Brand Blow Moulded Black Plastic One).
Rear Brake Caliper Covers in red with the GT Logo - (To match the front Brembo Red Calipers - The rear Calipers are not painted).

All the above are available from CJ Pony Parts.
I just just received an order I placed at CJ Pony Parts and it arrived in 10 days.
The parcel had a tracking Number and I could track it.
thinking about the offered ford racing level 2 which is a CAI, cat back exhaust, strut tower brace and tune claimed increase from 306 KW to 360. some kind of paint protector/ enhancer .

ordered 2015 GT fastback MT black nickel wheels.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Everything that ended up in my sig.

All kind of unplanned and inspired by everyone modding on the forum.

Next up...coilovers / camber plates (KW, Ridetech, aFe or Cortex, Maximum Motorsports), JMS Pedalmax, Lathewerks shift knob, rest of Steeda stuff I haven't gotten around to (vertical links, sub frame braces, g-track brace, sway bars and end links), FRPP steel braided clutch line, AP Racing J-Hook front brake discs, one piece drive shaft (Al or Carbon)...then waiting for...
any aftermarket intake manifolds (hopefully the GT350), cams, GT350 steering wheel, 275/40 square tires once the OEM ones are done.

Mmmm...i think that's it.
Sponsored