Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Because no one should ever have to pay over MSRP for a car no matter how collectible it is.
And by your logic: no dealer should have to take less than MSRP for any new car, no matter how many are built.

Supply and demand is a two way street; it can't always benefit just the consumer.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
And by your logic: no dealer should have to take less than MSRP for any new car, no matter how many are built.

Supply and demand is a two way street; it can't always benefit just the consumer.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...
They absolutely have the right to charge over MSRP, and as buyers we have the right to tell them to pound sand. And to suggest to all our friends, family and people on car forums to never buy anything from them, nor to ever have your cars serviced by them.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
No way would I pay $10,000 over sticker for that car no matter how rare it may be. I don't even like white. I remember back in 2008 when our local Dodge dealership got one of the first Challenger SRT-8's in. Sticker price was $39,900 and they had it marked up to $59.900. I'm not sure how much they ended up selling it for but it didn't stay on their lot very long.

More power to them if they can get someone to pay more than sticker. It just will never be me.

Wayne
I onced asked a salesman at a Dodge dealership if he could justify to me tacking on a 4k markup on a 27k Dodge Charger SXT. He couldnt give me a straight answer.

Until the day comes when a salesman can justify to me paying so much over MSRP for a car no matter what it is ill just stick to what i have until they come to their senses and realize that consumers just arent falling for the whole "supply and demand" bullsht anymore.

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Leif Johnson Ford.... I will mark that down on my never buy from ever list.
You're making that comment based on a limited production highly sought out car? I say :thumb down: to $10k over on this LE but if they had fantastic prices on all the other product they sold I would not walk away from their dealership and blast them on the internet and put them on a do not buy list.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Because no one should ever have to pay over MSRP for a car no matter how collectible it is.
If theg were only selling to the type of people who spend countless hours on websites like this then they would not be able to (hey, pointing at myself too). But they do not, and I have no problem with them trying it. Most of the dealers are not making gobs of money anymore, the Internet has greatly increased the supply side of the supply and demand curve, so when they get something exclusive they will try to cash in. The buying market has many desperate people and I should not expect that they would cater to only me.

That said, I would not touch it personally but not due to the number. My work phone has ended in 666 and besides being insanely evil I am perfectly fine!

Chris

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
If it was Kona Blue I would have tried a dealer trade with it just to get 666 and named her Christine. My ex-wife was named Christine and she was an evil :crazy: bitch...... but what a sweet ride. I'm sure this car will be the same :D

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black
I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death...

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
It's really not out of line with the market. My dealership had 3 allocated to us and we have sold 2 at 10K over MSRP.
True, when your market consists of clueless douche bags willing to over pay. This is why car salesman and dealerships have the reputation that they do. :tsk:

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
Just more of a reason why Elon Musk's dealership model is so important. The current commission-based independent dealer model needs to die and replaced with more consistent manufacturer-owned dealers. People will probably buy cars more often because they won't dread going to the dealers.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Yall are forgetting that this is a capitalist economy and that is absolutely their right to sell it for 2x msrp if they want to try. Big deal. You don't want it, don't buy it. Would I? Absolutely not (msrp on mine) but I respect their right to try.
Completely agreed. When I sell something and people try to tell me what I should sell it for they can go piss in the wind for all I care.

They can try all they like, they're just trying in the wrong part of the internet. The likelihood of anyone here paying 10k over msrp is pretty damn slim.

If they were trying to sell at msrp here then that would be a different story.

More power too them if they get some other poor sap to pay that.
Silence speaks volumes. If only the people willing to pay responded I think they would realize this is not the venue to offer such "deals". :)

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Wow, thank you to all the posters for making me utterly embarrassed to be a part of this forum. My apologies to the dealers on this forum from me atleast. :tsk:

I hope you are able to sell it at a fair market value to someone who appreciates it.
Sponsored