How many have garage queens?

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I currently don't have a Mustang in the garage as my house won't be finished for a couple more weeks. My "garage queen" is a 2006 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.0 diesel. I've managed to put 20,000 miles on it since purchasing it over 4 and a half years ago.
I drive it when I can. It has 450 hp and over 700 lb/ft of torque and is a blast to drive. It sits because I have had a company vehicle for the last 8 years that gets 40-50k miles put on it a year.:eyebulge:
When I get my new 'stang, it will probably be driven as much as the truck is per year. It will never be driven after the first serious snow fall in November and I won't put it out on the roads until the rain has been able to thoroughly clear the roads of the salt and brine from the winters here.

Things are changing though. Monday I start a new job without a company vehicle and we hope to be in our new house before the end of May (the garage is larger than the house:thumbsup:).

My daily commute is 10 miles one way. The biggest plus for the new job is I know what time I start work and I know when work stops every day. :amen: The second biggest plus is I will be working at a Ford body shop.:thumbsup: D plan pricing here I come! :headbang:

The whole point I was trying to make is that we all use our cars in different ways and some of us are captive to weather, work, financial, family or any combination of things that dictate how much we drive.:cheers:
Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Bought mine with a little over 8k in December and it's at a little over 9k in april. Figure that's going to be around 4 to 5k a year which is in that category.

I'm also a work from home person and I've got a truck and motorcycle to slow down the miles adding up.

As has been mentioned for some of us this is our most expensive purchase/dream vehicle. Thank god for the prior owner who special ordered it with all the good stuff and knocked 15k off the sticker so I could afford it.

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
My 2015 lost out on the garage space to my other pony.

Old Ponies like to rust. That's why my truck is in the garage and the mustang must face the elements. I also only have a single car.

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
garage queen here. 2,200 miles on odometer and almost 9 months old.

Sponsored

TPFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
2016 GT, 1680 miles after 1 year of ownership

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
2016 GT PP I have had since late August 2016 and I have put approx. 2000 miles on it. I only drive it if the weather is going to be nice. It rarely sees rain. This car cost so much I want to keep it good looking for the next 10 years or so I own it. If the weather suxs I drive my 2012 Hyundai and then my lazy butt does not have to clean the mustang as often.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I trade off time between the Mustang and the S2000, neither of which gets a ton of miles because I spend most of the week out of town anyway.

So like 6K mi/year between them. I'm also about to get a truck of some sort, like a Colorado/Tacoma/Ridgeline (shut up) type of truck so the miles on the other two will decrease to near 0.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
These were my garage queens back in the late 80's. My daily driver was a 911 SC. It stayed outside. There are no clones inside the garage. Clones didn't really exist back then. 3 car garages didn't come into the market untill the late 90's. The bottom picture from the late 90's is actually able to handle 4 cars. The 3rd stall is on the left not in the picture.
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I currently have 5 cars and 4 registered. The Red fox and Lightning get the garage space. I'd like to sell the Race car/ red fox because I don't go racing much these days. Would free up garage space also. I do drive all the others. The only one not picture is my Jeep Cherokee sport.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I'm averaging 5k miles a year and have had mine since December 2014. It's not my daily, rarely sees rain, and I have a dog that I drag around more now in my other car.

Far from a garage queen though, she sees track time 3-4 times a year.
Awe, so she's like your princess. You take her out a few times a rear and romp her, then bring her back to the castle. ;)

Bcart50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado
I'm not sure how yall do it...I've had my car for around 3 months and have almost 5k miles... Love driving it.

SimplyMartin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not sure how yall do it...I've had my car for around 3 months and have almost 5k miles... Love driving it.
Same here Ive had it for 6 months and just hit 10k! And I drive my husky in it with me everywhere.

hotpicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016/RaceRed/GT Prem/Manual/20"/NAV/Premium
16 GT Premium 2271 Miles = 3654Km. (12 months ownership)

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
2016 GT PP has 5,700miles since dic. 29, 2015.

I do use it for racing most of the time. Not my daily driver.
Sponsored