Sponsored

BMR Springs, I need help!

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I am replacing the springs on front and back and up until now everything has gone great. I have everything off and the front strut broken down. Now I am ready to trim the bumpstops and what I have vs the instructions from BMR just don't match up. My bumpstop has 4 wide parts and their picture shows 3. Mine measures just over 3" and they are saying to remove 3/8" on the front stops, if they don't match what they show, trim to an overall length of 1-7/8. I'm a machinist and a math guy, this does not add up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Stops.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I got it done. Not sure if it was right but I took off the top 1-1/2 bumps, basically cut it like they show in the instructions disregarding the top piece that's on mine. Makes the length right about 2 inches. Guess I'll see. :shrug:

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
It'll be fine

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
2" will work fine.

As for it not adding up, do you have any suggestions on how to make it more clear? If your stops do not look like the ones on the pic, trim it so the overall height is " " " "

I'm all ears with feedback. What am I missing?
Screenshot_2017-04-29-21-17-24-1.png

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
2" will work fine.

As for it not adding up, do you have any suggestions on how to make it more clear? If your stops do not look like the ones on the pic, trim it so the overall height is " " " "

If you see my picture above, my bump stop seemed to be a bit longer than what is implied by the instructions. Mine was just over 3 inches long. If I only take 3/8" off of it, it would be at 2-5/8" which is well over the 1-7/8" mentioned in the instructions. Was just saying that once I pulled it out, it seemed a bit longer than I had expected from reading the instructions and checking out the picture. I understand the instructions did say trim to 1-7/8" if they are different than what is pictured, was just thrown off because it was so much longer. Probably just over thinking things. =)

That being said, I watched a video on youtube and when that guy pulled his bumpstop, it looked just like what is pictured in the instructions. If mine is longer than what most are, I wonder why mine would be different?

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
but the BMR instructions clearly say "IF YOUR BUMP STOP LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES PICTURED, CUT THE BUMP STOP SO THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS 1-7/8" FOR THE FRONT AND 2-3/8" FOR THE REAR"

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I know and understand that. Again just thrown off by how different it was. I was expecting the only reason it would look different is if it had aftermarket stops. I think my brain wanted everything to jive and be a perfect world and when it didn't, I overthought things and it bugged me. In the end it worked out. :thumbsup:

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
2" will work fine.

FYI, I installed the SP080 this weekend and understood the instructions the way that you have them stated. Like the original poster, I had newer looking bumpstops that were much longer -- but I adjusted them to be the correct end height and life is good.

That being said, I friggin' LOVE them! The car feels like it's riding on rails.
Sponsored