Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
...well, you are one that holds an opposing opinion to that of many (most?) Tech Pack owners but you express it in a way that isn't as incendiary as some of the others. So, my joke (in the parlance of our times) wasn't necessarily directed at you. I appreciate the people who express their opinion without the intent of causing us unfortunate Tech Pack owners more pain.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I live it everytime i deploy to the desert
I can't say that I miss those days. We used to count down the number of days to go home from day 1.

We flew the jets, we got the booze in. Helps make the time fly by..... :D

Sponsored

tldukestang

tldukestang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
All I will say is that I have been discussing the lawsuit with Hagens Berman and the CALS is still progressing. They are working with those of us willing to be representatives and pushing forward. I'm not sure how much I will be able to put on this site but keep the faith tech and base owners!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
All I will say is that I have been discussing the lawsuit with Hagens Berman and the CALS is still progressing. They are working with those of us willing to be representatives and pushing forward. I'm not sure how much I will be able to put on this site but keep the faith tech and base owners!
I would say you have progress when the court accepts the law suit. Till then its still a long shot.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Nobody thinks the decision to produce the GT350 without certain coolers was a good one. It was a terrible decision. That is universal and not one sided.
I think this is where I disagree. I think if anyone thinks it was an ok decision it was :ford: ...

I know for a fact they don't do anything for nothing and not only are they the best at producing the automotive values for the $$$ they are also world class if not more so in their accounting and amortization manufacturing techniques.

Basically I don't think it was merely $50 as another poster commented , but a significant amount per car that justified multiple transmissions.

I wanted to stay out of this for fear of being cursed at or flamed but heck, I just can't feel empathy for GT350 non-track pack purchases the same way I feel for 2012+ Focus owners with the power shift transmissions for example. Those guys were definitely sold a bag of doorknobs claiming to be a working car. :frusty:

but that is :ford:

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Is that what the money grab scum lawyers think? That it's "progressing" :lol:

I can't wait until Ford counter-sues the living shit out of them :thumbsup:

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
So can previous owners get compensation for loss of value?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So can previous owners get compensation for loss of value?
It's a class action suit. You are not in the class. You will not be compensated with oil change coupons or whatever crumbs are left on the table after the law firm extracts the maximum fortune that they can out of this.

The only winners here are the partners at the firm who represent the plaintiff. That is of course if they prevail.

If anyone wanted real results here, a class action suit is not the way to go about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
It's a class action suit. You are not in the class. You will not be compensated with oil change coupons or whatever crumbs are left on the table after the law firm extracts the maximum fortune that they can out of this.

The only winners here are the partners at the firm who represent the plaintiff. That is of course if they prevail.

If anyone wanted real results here, a class action suit is not the way to go about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action
Yuuup. The tech owners are really just harming themselves more with this thing. They are over selling the problems, which will only hurt them more later when the stigma they they created really sticks to the cars when it's time to sell them.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I think this is where I disagree. I think if anyone thinks it was an ok decision it was :ford: ...

I know for a fact they don't do anything for nothing and not only are they the best at producing the automotive values for the $$$ they are also world class if not more so in their accounting and amortization manufacturing techniques.

Basically I don't think it was merely $50 as another poster commented , but a significant amount per car that justified multiple transmissions.

I wanted to stay out of this for fear of being cursed at or flamed but heck, I just can't feel empathy for GT350 non-track pack purchases the same way I feel for 2012+ Focus owners with the power shift transmissions for example. Those guys were definitely sold a bag of doorknobs claiming to be a working car. :frusty:

but that is :ford:
Huh? This is an odd post. In the beginning they are the greatest decision makers ever in one area, but then in the end they are not in another? :shrug:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Yuuup. The tech owners are really just harming themselves more with this thing. They are over selling the problems, which will only hurt them more later when the stigma they they created really sticks to the cars when it's time to sell them.
First of all the "tech owners" aren't one unified group. Second, the cat is already not only out of the bag, but running away quickly. The news is out on the tech/base cars so the damage is already done. Not only to tech/base owners, but to Ford's overall reputation a bit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.