Sponsored

Vorshlag camber plates

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Fellas -

I am about to order up a set of these for the R to get dialed in for some upcoming track days.

How do you guys like em so far that are using them? And what do you have them dialed in at?

Also, once you are setting them for the track, do you change it back and forth for the street or just leave it?

I am a relative newb to the sport of track days (started last year) but man am I addicted.
Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I have them installed on my R and love them. I've used other brands on my other cars and theses are definitely in a league of their own. I initially set them up with fords recommend settings which was around 1.7 negative camber for the R, and ended up chewing the outside edge of the tire up. I'm now running 2 degrees up front and getting better tire wear. Keep in mind that this is based on how hard you push the car at the track and fords recommendations are probably spot on for a novice.

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have them installed on my R and love them. I've used other brands on my other cars and theses are definitely in a league of their own. I initially set them up with fords recommend settings which was around 1.7 negative camber for the R, and ended up chewing the outside edge of the tire up. I'm now running 2 degrees up front and getting better tire wear. Keep in mind that this is based on how hard you push the car at the track and fords recommendations are probably spot on for a novice.
Much appreciated Sir.

I figure I get after it pretty hard for a novice, but, at the end of the day I am still a novice and watching some of the advanced drivers on the track really reminds you of that (providing you check your ego).

1.7 it is!

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
I just installed them on my R, the fit and finish is top notch,
I asked my alignment guy about changing the camber from track to street
and he said it will affect the toe to much and wouldn't advise it.
I called Vorshlag and they gave me some recommendations for setup
Here's the installation guide
https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Instructions/Camber-Plate-Install-Mustang/
The only tricky part was step #23, I called to make sure I did it right

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right on. Thank you.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have a now 15 year old el cheapo 1/2 impact gun from Home Depot, I was wondering about this step. Seems kind of nebulous do be able to know that they are really down far enough.

I was thinking of taking to a shop for this reason.

Also, did you replace any of the bolts? Maximum motorsports website says a bunch of the bolts are one time use? I was wondering if that was just because they have lock tight on them and Ford doesn't trust the tech to reapply? But that doesn't really seam plausible.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Do the Vorshlags change the ride height (make it higher) or reduce front suspension travel? Despite what Vorshlag advertises, they have been known to alter both of these characteristics in other car applications due to the size of the bearing.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
Do the Vorshlags change the ride height (make it higher) or reduce front suspension travel? Despite what Vorshlag advertises, they have been known to alter both of these characteristics in other car applications due to the size of the bearing.
No changes in my ride height. R springs were swapped at the same time but both front and rear ride height stayed the same. We measured before and after.

The black GT350 in their instructions is mine.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Thx, assuming the R vs non-R springs are same length?

No changes in my ride height. R springs were swapped at the same time but both front and rear ride height stayed the same. We measured before and after.

The black GT350 in their instructions is mine.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Nearly the same height unsprung but spring rate and coil wire diameter are much different.
I have to believe your springs made a difference in ride height offsetting the increase from the Vorschlag plates. I think someone quoted a 1/4-1/2 in increase on an R with this change alone.

I want to get these for my R (otherwise stock), but do not want to raise the front.

• Anyone know for sure abt ride height with these plates alone?
  • Do any of the forum vendors sell these?

Thanks for any feedback. :thumbsup: :cheers:

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
I have to believe your springs made a difference in ride height offsetting the increase from the Vorschlag plates. I think someone quoted a 1/4-1/2 in increase on an R with this change alone.

I want to get these for my R (otherwise stock), but do not want to raise the front.

• Anyone know for sure abt ride height with these plates alone?
  • Do any of the forum vendors sell these?

Thanks for any feedback. :thumbsup: :cheers:

The reason I don't think the plates make difference is that the rear ride height did not change when I swapped all four springs. If R springs were lower than the std GT350 spring then the rear should be sitting lower.

That being said, these springs are still mass produced and a 1/4" in variance is quite possible so YMMV.

Edit - From https://vorshlag-store.com/collecti...5-up-mustang-camber-caster-plates-oem-perches

New for 2016 - Vorshlag S550 Camber/Caster Plates for use with OEM style struts & springs!

It took a nearly complete redesign of our existing S550 camber plates to make them have the same "stack-up height" as the OEM top mounts, but we managed to do it and not lose any of the features we are known for: radial bearing upper spring perch design, massive spherical bearing, and camber + caster adjustment.
Sponsored