2011-2014 Mustang GT 80mm TB How-to

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Couple of quick questions (not necessarily about the TB mod itself but related mods that people are doing with this install). So I have noticed people are removing their PVC hoses and replacing them with breathers. Also some are removing vacuum hoses? What is the point of this? Which sides are people doing this on? Does a JLT catch can do something similar (I have one already installed).
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Couple of quick questions (not necessarily about the TB mod itself but related mods that people are doing with this install). So I have noticed people are removing their PVC hoses and replacing them with breathers. Also some are removing vacuum hoses? What is the point of this? Which sides are people doing this on? Does a JLT catch can do something similar (I have one already installed).
I'm removing all the PVC hoses. I just don't feel like making holes lol. Plus Knowing that the oil goes through my air intake... I'm not too fan of that. I just bought the breather to go on the valve cover. Not sure if it'll make any difference since there's another line on the other side lol. I might have to buy another breather and clog the manifold. The main reason I'm not going to make holes is because I'm going Turbocharged and I want my pipe flawless. I don't wanna deal with leaks later on :D

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I'm removing all the PVC hoses. I just don't feel like making holes lol. Plus Knowing that the oil goes through my air intake... I'm not too fan of that. I just bought the breather to go on the valve cover. Not sure if it'll make any difference since there's another line on the other side lol. I might have to buy another breather and clog the manifold. The main reason I'm not going to make holes is because I'm going Turbocharged and I want my pipe flawless. I don't wanna deal with leaks later on :D
If your going turbo I suggest the brass fitting to plug the hole on the driver side and add a driver side oil catch can. Speaking of catch cans I had added the UPR one on the passenger side but the dang coupling fittings were not threaded well and did not screw past three turns per side. Got to get that fixed. Disappointed in this aspect but a nice solid piece.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your going turbo I suggest the brass fitting to plug the hole on the driver side and add a driver side oil catch can. Speaking of catch cans I had added the UPR one on the passenger side but the dang coupling fittings were not threaded well and did not screw past three turns per side. Got to get that fixed. Disappointed in this aspect but a nice solid piece.
Thanks for tips! However, I'm not too fan of catch can. I know they catch the vapor and oil but they still don't "Catch" everything and it still goes in the manifold no matter what...

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Thanks for tips! However, I'm not too fan of catch can. I know they catch the vapor and oil but they still don't "Catch" everything and it still goes in the manifold no matter what...
I think we are misunderstanding one another. You still plug the hole on the driver side maintaining vaccum. For go the breather directly on the manifold and run that house directly into a catch can. This will eliminate cleaning oil film from the actual block, which will happen if you use a breather. "whatdoyoufeedit?" Has a picture on his build log thread of what I'm probably doing a poor job of explaining, lol. I ran something similar on my 2013.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we are misunderstanding one another. You still plug the hole on the driver side maintaining vaccum. For go the breather directly on the manifold and run that house directly into a catch can. This will eliminate cleaning oil film from the actual block, which will happen if you use a breather. "whatdoyoufeedit?" Has a picture on his build log thread of what I'm probably doing a poor job of explaining, lol. I ran something similar on my 2013.
lol My bad! I know what you mean now lol :thumbsup:

HDV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 3.7
[MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] so the ford f150 TB works too? i didnt know that i thought it was only the 2011 - 2014 mustang tb worked lol

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@soldier989 so the ford f150 TB works too? i didnt know that i thought it was only the 2011 - 2014 mustang tb worked lol
It'll work if it's a 5.0 engine like the Mustang GT. They share the same engine:thumbsup:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
[MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] so the ford f150 TB works too? i didnt know that i thought it was only the 2011 - 2014 mustang tb worked lol
That's what everyone was saying, since they share the same engine. Should be good!

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Mine too (f150). This mod is so easy, even for a novice. If you already have a CAI then it's even easier, just need a coupling to match the outlet of the cai pipe to the TB, the 50 dollar shapeway adapter (plug and play), oem gasket, delete "quiet fingers", and some bolts to cinch it all up. Nothing to it and really cheap.

OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
@whatdoyoufeedit? What size is your breather? 9mm, 12mm, or 25mm? I'm about to remove my vacuum line too with that TB mod lol.
Sorry for the late response. Didn't see the mention. To start both of my breather filters were the wrong size and I just modded them to fit lol. One is a 7/8 ID S&B (too large) that I had to insert a piece of hose to fit my application, the other one is your typical 12mm/0.5" breather (too small) that where I had to enlarge the opening to fit my catch can(s). I am now running baffled catch cans on both valve covers now as I noticed oil mist was getting on my driver's side breather. Now everything vents cleanly without the oil mist.
20170413_133232-min.jpg

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
[MENTION=13413]whatdoyoufeedit?[/MENTION] Are you catching a lot of oil on the driver's side? I've read that it is negligible but as it pertains to the coyotes but I've never really seen any mention for the cyclone.

OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
@whatdoyoufeedit? Are you catching a lot of oil on the driver's side? I've read that it is negligible but as it pertains to the coyotes but I've never really seen any mention for the cyclone.
I just recently put the 2nd (driver's side) catch can on so I don't have a good idea to give of how much condensation was trapped. I can say there was a enough residue to dirty up the valve covers and saturate the filter (probably not measurable on the dipstick). I can say after 3k (when only running passenger side can) there was a minute amount of condensation and that was it. I think it would take a long time just to get a tablespoon. Also when going to the dragstrip again I didn't want to be the reason someone lost it lol so I took the extra precaution and made sure both were contained for safety. :thumbsup:
Sponsored