Sponsored

Evenflo 160 / Reische 170 thernostat

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I've heard before of flow issues with the evenflow. I opted for the 170 out of the gate and couldn't be happier.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I read all the threads and had doubts about the evenflo before I even installed it from all the negative posts I read, but installed it anyways. :headbonk:

I pot tested mine multiple times and for a 160 stat it started to open at 160 and was fully open by 175-180. So as far as functioning as intended, it is so something else may be an issue with these stats.

Needless to say a Reische 170 is on the way. I'm going to leave my fan settings in my tune set for the 160 stat for the first few days so I have a real comparison, the only thing being different being the thermostat. I'm pretty damn sure I'll be seeing much lower Temps and will report back with my findings.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Installed the 170 with my tune and the head temps haven't gone above 192. Head temps factory would hit 212 at times. Fans stopped going nuts as well. I am a happy camper..

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Ordered a Reische 170 yesterday. Looking forward to getting similar results.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I asked above and will ask again. Do I need a custom tune to run the 170deg thermostat??? I know people are running a tune to have the fans kick on earlier but is is absolutely necessary? What all do I need to order with the t stat to do the install?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I asked above and will ask again. Do I need a custom tune to run the 170deg thermostat??? I know people are running a tune to have the fans kick on earlier but is is absolutely necessary? What all do I need to order with the t stat to do the install?
You'd have better results if you searched or posted in an appropriate thread. This thread is about the Reische vs even flow stats.

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
You don't need anything else. The thermostat will come with a new o ring. No you do not need a tune. But I believe that it will only keep it cool when the car is moving because the stock fan setting comes on at a higher temp. But when your moving you will take advantage of the 170 thermostat. I could be wrong. But I do know it will not hurt your car to not have a tune for it.

jt351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 dib Gt premium, 1990 hatch 351 supercharged
Does anyone know what thermostat comes with the whipple stage 2 setup? I believe it was a 170 but don't recall brand, My car even on a cool day always runs like 205 210 cht no load cruising or idling, seems high to me, never goes higher even on hot day

OP
OP
Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
So I installed my reische thermostat and the results are exactly as I expected. Much lower Temps, same as 99% of the people who switched from the evenflo to the reische.

Evenflo 160
Ambient temp 55
ECT cruise 194-205
ECT idle 200-210

Reische 170
Ambient temp 60
ECT cruise 178-182
ECT idle 182-185 - stays at 185 even after being idle/parked for 5 mins.

I've had the car out twice now and this is what I've seen. Same within those ranges both times, both just city driving with a few WOT pulls. Once we get a day into the 80s I'll post results again.

Temperature drop of approx 21 degrees.

The temps barely fluctuate now, where as before they were much higher and fluctuated up and down alot more.

Now I can have the fan settings in my tune raised. They currently come on at 166 on low speed and are full blast jet engine mode by 176.

How do the fan settings work for anyone who knows? How are the tables set up?? If anyone would be kind enough to post up a screen shot of the fan table it would be much appreciated. Curious if they are just low/high/off mode or if there's more to it such as %fan speed vs just hi/low/off.

If you know what are your fan settings set at .....speed vs temp / off temp with the reische 170 post those up too if you could.

Last edited: