jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Keep the GT350 stock, drive it around and enjoy it, then when the new GT500 comes out, trade up for that.
I've only driven mine 500 miles and I've already had this thought flash through the ole brain...but, i love the way this car hugs the road. So why not just keep it and add a little power? For me, the warranty will likely keep me from it...others may be in a better situation where that's not a concern.

If these are remotely similar to the GT install, then the procharger should be the easiest install of the power adders and shouldn't heat soak, as someone mentioned, being a centri unit. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I was a little surprised by the lack of low end grunt coming from a MT82 GT, but i also have to keep in mind the tremec gearing is most of the reason. No way i could do the speed limit in 1st gear in the GT lol

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yep, leave stock. Wait this time next year and trade in or add a gt500/cobra. Car is going to be epic...wait and see.

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Just got my 2017 GT350...

So this car feels a little under-powered to me, especially on the low-end torque side. However, it does everything else so well I still had to have it.
My recommendation. Sign up for Track Attack. Then after your ride along on the Hot Laps with your instructor, if you feel you need more power, go for it. But in my opinion. This car needs nothing, other than a very competent pilot at the wheel, unless you are looking for a drag car. The extra power would do little to lower lap times, compared to a professional driver. And I have track experience.

The supercharger of course would provide the grunt that this car doesn't have, and could create a complete package. However, the lack of extra grunt is easily solved with an extra 2,000 rpm.

OP
OP
Regit

Regit

2017 Ford GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (White/Blue Stripes)
Leave the car as it is and lease a Hellcat for $600 a month for 3 years. Keep the warranty on the Shelby and the drive it like you stole it!!! With supporting mods and install etc the procharger kit will probably will cost you 12-13k (I might be wrong on this but probably close). Hellcat will cost you around 21k excluding running cost but you would have 2 amazing cars.
That's actually a very interesting solution. I'm not going to go that route, but you certainly gets points for originality!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Regit

Regit

2017 Ford GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
You know, May is a perfect month for a road trip from St. Louis to Indy. While you're here, swing by the shop in the thread below and talk to them about your options. They can pretty much build you whatever you want in terms of forced induction, if that's how you want to go, and just look at the quality of their work! (I have no affiliation whatsoever with these guys, I just know that "Fathouse" has come a LONG way since the days of street legal drags at Indianapolis Raceway Park in the early 2000's, where I first met him, and he's built an impressive reputation for quality.)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79636
Thanks for the info. My son goes to school and plays football in Indy, so I'm there all the time. I'll check them out!

OP
OP
Regit

Regit

2017 Ford GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the input guys. Unlike most forums the people on here actually seem like the know what they're talking about.

I think I'm going to take most of your advice and I'm going to keep it NA. However, it's impossible for me to keep the car stock (just a sickness I have). So I guess I'll start researching the some other options.

One other question... I was ok with voiding the warranty for an extra 250hp with a SC, but I'm not sure I'm ok voiding it for an extra 35hp from a intake, exhaust and tune combo. Are you guys messing with the intake and tune on this car at all? And I'd love some suggestions on what fun mods I could make to this car.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Thanks for all the input guys. Unlike most forums the people on here actually seem like the know what they're talking about.

I think I'm going to take most of your advice and I'm going to keep it NA. However, it's impossible for me to keep the car stock (just a sickness I have). So I guess I'll start researching the some other options.

One other question... I was ok with voiding the warranty for an extra 250hp with a SC, but I'm not sure I'm ok voiding it for an extra 35hp from a intake, exhaust and tune combo. Are you guys messing with the intake and tune on this car at all? And I'd love some suggestions on what fun mods I could make to this car.
I agree. I don't even have a Mustang any longer but I still hang here because everyone is so helpful. Not like a LOT of the other car forums around.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Beautiful F12 and GT350 - i'd love to hear those two together on the road.

I've owned 3 Ford's over the last 9 years - a heavily modded 720hp Shelby GT500, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, and the new Shelby GT350.

Best advice I can give you if you want the best sound, performance, and handling is to DO NOTHING.

Just have a shop pull the resonators for 100 bucks so you have the exact same exhaust sound as the GT350R - it's night and day - way more exotic sounding and you can still use the "normal" mode to turn it all off. These cars are at full capability right out of the factory.
Sponsored