Sponsored

PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I have no idea, ordered it a few days ago and got it today. I don't know where to find instructions and the heat shield doesn't go around the factory air duct
I didn't get any instructions either. Tried calling PMAS a few times this morning, and have not received a response to the message i left. Not to happy about it to say the least. I expected to receive what was in the photo (which up until now what everyone else got), not a curveball. Can't even try to install it until I get the tune, which could be awhile.
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
It's pretty straightforward but if you dig through this thread there is a video on how to install it's not that bad

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
It's pretty straightforward but if you dig through this thread there is a video on how to install it's not that bad
What did you do to the connection on the bottom part of the elbow going into throttle body? Plug it up? Did you remove the rubber hose?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My stock air box had the same connection just facing the other way so I twisted the one on the PMAS elbow so that it would connect properly.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get any instructions either. Tried calling PMAS a few times this morning, and have not received a response to the message i left. Not to happy about it to say the least. I expected to receive what was in the photo (which up until now what everyone else got), not a curveball. Can't even try to install it until I get the tune, which could be awhile.
Post #818 on Page 55, link to instructions posted by PMAS.

My PMAS (no tune) just arrived yesterday, hoping to get it on tonight or tomorrow am.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

My PMAS (no tune) just arrived yesterday, hoping to get it on tonight or tomorrow am.
Don't forget this thread with all the stuff that's wrong with PMAS' (still uncorrected after seven months) instructions.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Don't forget this thread with all the stuff that's wrong with PMAS' (still uncorrected after seven months) instructions.
I had zero problems once i dove into the installation. Despite having a few warts, i wouldn't have any other CAI on my car. It's as good as advertised.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Yeah, i was more interested in how to install the new box/heat shield. Self explanatory once you get it in there. The front of this thing is WIDE open.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I had zero problems once i dove into the installation. Despite having a few warts, i wouldn't have any other CAI on my car. It's as good as advertised.
Good for you. I also like my PMAS intake, but the instructions are bad.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
For anyone who accidently drops/breaks the clips out of the vacuum lines, you can use these to replace them. They are not (at least the ones I got) identical to OEM because they have a little triangle at the top but you can either trim or leave it there. I just put them on as is. They clip in and work as intended. Pretty much all the stores will have them in stock.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/needa-parts-fuel-line-retaining-clip-ford-3-8-800-004/9110010-P

Posting this because I looked for this information and couldn't find it in this thread. I just seen where people said they purchased parts, and people asking them from where and never getting answers.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Last edited:

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
For those who know, these guys have been around for a long time and set up a cars MAF the proper way. it's not just a larger tube, it's the science behind this
I've been around longer than UPR, can you point me to the "science" part? Could we see how they calculate the MAF transfer function? Can we see exactly what equipment is being utilized?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe the paper instructions are bad but the video makes it super easy. i do agree the clamps suck and rubber connectors are cheap. but i love the performance it gained.

Last edited:

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
for everybody's future reference, the filter is made custom for PMAS with a part number of PMAS300. per S&B, 54g of oil on the main filter element and 7g on the powerstack is required.
Just got done doing mine. 54g seems on the lacking side. The pleat wells don't seem to have good coverage, and the inside of the filter is a little on the white-sh side. Perhaps it needs a good 24+ hours to show good coverage. Better under oiled than over though, i suppose.
Sponsored