Sponsored

Best throttle body for gt350 intake?

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I never experienced any major drivability problems or check engine lights with my set up on either tunes. My Lund tune had horrible initial start up (for like the first 30 seconds it barely ran) with the GT350TB. Mind you I was one of the first people for them to send a tune for the gt350tb setup. The drivablilty was ok but in cold weather it was a little surgy at light throttle inputs. The starting issues were worse in the cold as well.
The Rev Auto dyno tune made a little more power up top and a nice gain through the middle with the same setup (compared to the Lund mail tune). The start up was perfect. The drivability was also just a little surgy at times in the cold. What I couldn't live with was that after the car was warmed up, if I took a drive and parked then restarted the car (say to move it) it would sometimes stall out.
Needless to say I was a bit frustrated with this stupid throttle body, especially since I saw no real gain from it on the dyno. I decided the easiest way to get perfect start up and drivability was to switch back to the stock tb and load my Lund tune back in (I never had Rev tune my car with the stock tb). I could go through the trouble of datalogging and going back and forth with either tuner to try and get the gt350tb just right but for little to no gain it is just not worth my time. Maybe after it has been around long enough everyone will figure this thing out. Lund at first refused to even try to give tunes for it.
Sponsored

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Gt350 intake , gt350 TB here with Lund, starts , drives and cooks my 295/35 /19 mpss tires without a problem, throttle response is sharp and crisp too especially running e85! Zero revisions and don't need them either