ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Yes, they are ridiculous. I'm 33 with a good driving and insurance record. I imagine its partly based on my postcode and my age. Interestingly other personal factors like occupation don't seem to come into the quotes. They certainly are a factor in NZ.
I think I've shared the story here before ...

A guy I know got an insurance quote, wondered why so high compared to other companies, so he gets another quote using the place next door (I.e. filled in an online quote once with his address, once with the house next door).

Turns out there was a SIGNIFICANT difference to the time of several hundred dollars. He rang the company to see what was going on and they wouldn't change it - even though he was a new resident there...

Sounds like the previous tenant had a black mark with that insurance company, so the premiums reflected it on the address.

He went with a different company :)
Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I think I've shared the story here before ...

A guy I know got an insurance quote, wondered why so high compared to other companies, so he gets another quote using the place next door (I.e. filled in an online quote once with his address, once with the house next door).

Turns out there was a SIGNIFICANT difference to the time of several hundred dollars. He rang the company to see what was going on and they wouldn't change it - even though he was a new resident there...

Sounds like the previous tenant had a black mark with that insurance company, so the premiums reflected it on the address.

He went with a different company :)
Wow, that's incredible.

GrabbberAussie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang
Finally needed to take the plunge. Went with Famous.
$1192, 650 excess, agreed value 68.5k. 43 year old man. Full no claim discount, no at fault accidents.
Garaged, daily driver.
No unnamed drivers. Though they did say to call them if a friend wanted to drive, just as long as they weren't younguns. Should be OK with that one.
Next best was Youi at 1600, NRMA 1650, both had higher excess. shannons was just over 2300.
Happy with Famous, wanted Allianz but they wouldn't even quote.
Will see how they go, wondering if this is just a first year deal and next year it will skyrocket. Also loved the ideas of just about whatever mods I want just as long as they are safe.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Finally needed to take the plunge. Went with Famous.
$1192, 650 excess, agreed value 68.5k. 43 year old man. Full no claim discount, no at fault accidents.
Garaged, daily driver.
No unnamed drivers. Though they did say to call them if a friend wanted to drive, just as long as they weren't younguns. Should be OK with that one.
Next best was Youi at 1600, NRMA 1650, both had higher excess. shannons was just over 2300.
Happy with Famous, wanted Allianz but they wouldn't even quote.
Will see how they go, wondering if this is just a first year deal and next year it will skyrocket. Also loved the ideas of just about whatever mods I want just as long as they are safe.
Good man, I'm with Famous too, by far cheapest and yes the mods cover is awesome, even if stuff isn't engineered :-)

I just did my green slip with GIO, was the cheapest about about 70 bux

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
I have gone with Shannons

$1600

26 year old and not the best driving history so will take what I can get.

Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I have gone with Shannons

$1600

26 year old and not the best driving history so will take what I can get.
That's amazing, I'm older than you, with a perfect history and my quote was much higher! The differences due to the area you live are incredible.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Finally called up and got a quote given the car is now almost here. $1193 for me with Shannons. $650 excess and all the usual inclusions however, that is for limited use. My circumstances have changed in the last month so while the Mustang was going to be a daily driver, it'll now just be a couple of days a week. If I go with it I'll also receive a small discount off my other car I have with them.

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Finally called up and got a quote given the car is now almost here. $1193 for me with Shannons. $650 excess and all the usual inclusions however, that is for limited use. My circumstances have changed in the last month so while the Mustang was going to be a daily driver, it'll now just be a couple of days a week. If I go with it I'll also receive a small discount off my other car I have with them.
Mine was down as daily drive - did they give you any indication of what the price difference was between daily and non/daily drive?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it occurred to me to ask only after I'd hung up. I'll call back closer to deliver and ask at that time as I am curious.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Mine was down as daily drive - did they give you any indication of what the price difference was between daily and non/daily drive?
I've found this seems to vary by only $100 or so on the quotes I e had.

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So called Shannons back as I wanted a quote on the Ranger and asked about the Mustang as daily use at the same time. So limited use for me is $1193, daily use is $1465 so an extra $272

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Went with NRMA, comprehensive plus - $1250. 25 years old good driving record

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
im under 30 clean driving record, never claimed, cheapest i got so far is $2000....

must be the address i am in.

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Good man, I'm with Famous too, by far cheapest and yes the mods cover is awesome, even if stuff isn't engineered :-)

I just did my green slip with GIO, was the cheapest about about 70 bux
Im wiith Famous also, due to taking the car on tracks and having that extra cover. :D

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
WTF

I'm think to make these posts more relevant is to to add a postcode

I really hate the fact that your "night" residence (when you don't drive your car) dictates your premium when driving to work work through higher risk suburbs

WTF :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
Sponsored