BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
^ encouraging..
It doesn't really get better. Other than getting used to the shift efforts, I couldn't fault it anymore.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I will be giving MGC a shot soon and will post my feedback. Thanks Tommy [MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION] for sending!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I did the BG trans and diff oil swap recently and finally got to drive mine over the weekend, and am a believer.

Once the trans is up to temp it shifts perfectly, like butter. No more 1-2 nibble. Well worth the minimal effort. :thumbsup:

I can't say I notice any change in terms of the diff but clean, superior gear oil has to be better than the stock fill and I had it up on stands anyway, so..... :cool:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I did the full Transmission fluid +MGC and the rear diff fluid last weekend. Nothing but positive results. My transmission was butter smooth from the start, so there isn't a huge improvement to be had on upshifts, but on down shifts it definitely is improved.

-Jeff

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
I did the BG in mine a couple weeks ago now. I find it to be SO much better once the tranny is warm, but honestly no big change when cold. Still notchy and hard to get into gear, and cant help feeling that it is damaging synchros when trying to get it into gear when cold.

Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
I did the BG trans and diff oil swap recently and finally got to drive mine over the weekend, and am a believer.

Once the trans is up to temp it shifts perfectly, like butter. No more 1-2 nibble. Well worth the minimal effort. :thumbsup:

I can't say I notice any change in terms of the diff but clean, superior gear oil has to be better than the stock fill and I had it up on stands anyway, so..... :cool:
If anything, you flushed out metal filings from the break in period. I remember reading somewhere that too low of a coefficient of friction isn't necessarily "good" for Torsens though. Can't remember exactly why.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Swapped the tranny fluid with BG Syncro Shift II a few days ago. 1-2 grind when cold is gone, but it's still a tad notchy, but very much improved. Once warmed up it's a wee bit smoother. Transmission noise is reduced by ~50% at low rpm low gear loads. Overall minor improvement.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
So, I was very skeptical of all the BG SynchroShift II praise.....

Well, it's real! My god, what a difference! EVERYTHING is much smoother on shifting. No more crunching and instead of nibbling, I feel it just smoothly slip into gear.. First time I was expecting the third gear nibble, but it just slid like butter into gear...no nibble....unbelievably smooth. Small bonus, is that it's slightly quieter too.

There is no excuse not to change it. Just do it now, if you haven't!

I did the BG Trans fluid about 8 months ago and made absolutely no improvement. However, a few weeks ago I put an MGW shifter in the car and no more nibbles or grinds on shifts.
Yep, that is my next step. BG SynchroShift + MGW should be the ultimate combo.

Last edited:

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
I did the BG Trans fluid about 8 months ago and made absolutely no improvement. However, a few weeks ago I put an MGW shifter in the car and no more nibbles or grinds on shifts.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Shifter was the first thing we changed. I think the factory one honestly shortens the life of the transmission it is that bad.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
yeah no way I'd drive one of these cars without the MGW, the fluids are just icing on the cake

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
I made the switch to BG trans fluid this weekend. I also installed the Steeda trans bushing (with a 3/4" hole drilled in the flat). I already had the MGW Race Spec installed prior to this. It's just about perfect now! So much more enjoyable to drive with that combination.

I still have a Steeda SS clutch fluid line to install. Debating on whether to try to install it now or wait until I get an intake and remove the sound tube to give myself a little extra room. I don't have small arms so I'm a little worried about being able to snake it down and get it plugged in.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta say that since the weather has been consistently fairly warm for the last week or so, I've been reaping the benefits of the BG fluid every day, even from the start of every drive. If it's above ~50 F ambient, every shift is butter smooth from the get-go.

I'll be doing an engine oil change here soon and will add the MGC while I'm under there.

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
A lot of reading but very informative thread! I'm intrigued to try these products!

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Is there a promo code for the combo kit? Thanks!:cheers:
Sponsored