Sponsored

FP front tow hook - APR front splitter and GT250 wing installed!

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I finally got some time last weekend to tackle the install of some goodies I got over the too long winter! Since oil line recall was done at the beginning of the month I could finally install front splitter.

Here are some iPhone pictures. I will try to get some better ones in good lighting with clean car and good camera.

Next in line is SS brakelines, brake bleed with Motul RBF660, track rotors (OEM) and track pads (Pagid RST3 front-RSL29 rear). I'm on the fence about res delete vs corsa X-pipes...
image1.jpg
image3.jpg
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Good stuff. And that's a smart move to give various brake components the attention they need.

Car looks great too.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Which stainless steel brake lines Sir?

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Those AP parts look awesome! Any idea of DF added for the package? I like the front towhook as well- did you install or dealer? If dealer can you PM what they charged?

Sponsored

OP
OP
kart125

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those AP parts look awesome! Any idea of DF added for the package? I like the front towhook as well- did you install or dealer? If dealer can you PM what they charged?
Thanks! The APR front splitter is probably not significant... hard to say. A splitter does not create downforce but reduces lift by reducing air pressure Under car... so technically it's a relative increase in downforce.

The GT-250 wing adds almost 700 pounds of downforce at 160 mph at maximum angle of attack. I plan to run with a quite low AOA... something close to 5 degres... I attached the CFD data for the wing
gt-250_cfd_02.png

I did the install of the tow hook myself as I had to remove the bumper anyways to install the splitter. It's not that hard of a job. No need for drill press as mentionned in the instructions. The hook is massive and solidly affixed to the bumper beam. Only downside is the powder coating seams a bit weak. There is a small area that's not well covered and It would probably chip easily if used to tow car...

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks! The APR front splitter is probably not significant... hard to say. A splitter does not create downforce but reduces lift by reducing air pressure Under car... so technically it's a relative increase in downforce.

The GT-250 wing adds almost 700 pounds of downforce at 160 mph at maximum angle of attack. I plan to run with a quite low AOA... something close to 5 degres... I attached the CFD data for the wing
gt-250_cfd_02.png

I did the install of the tow hook myself as I had to remove the bumper anyways to install the splitter. It's not that hard of a job. No need for drill press as mentionned in the instructions. The hook is massive and solidly affixed to the bumper beam. Only downside is the powder coating seams a bit weak. There is a small area that's not well covered and It would probably chip easily if used to tow car...
Thanks for providing these aero numbers, I did not know they published that info!

J-nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazda Speed3
A splitter does not create downforce but reduces lift by reducing air pressure Under car... so technically it's a relative increase in downforce.
Splitters do create downforce. There is a high pressure region over the splitter that pushes down on it. It also has the benefit you mention for underbody flow.

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Brake line update??

Sponsored
OP
OP
kart125

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brake line update??
I installed the fulltiltboogie SS line kit and it works fine. Lines could be a bit longer (they are maybe 1 inch shorther than stock) but they fit. My kit only came with 2 banjo bolts that fits and 4 that di not fit, so I had to reuse the OEM front ones with 2 copper washers to get everything aligned well. If you order from them make sure to ask for 4 properly sized banjo bolts!!

OP
OP
kart125

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Splitters do create downforce. There is a high pressure region over the splitter that pushes down on it. It also has the benefit you mention for underbody flow.
OK maybe a little downforce!:)
Sponsored