Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does deleting the resonator and fitting a X/H pipe make the cabin sound louder?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Does deleting the resonator and fitting a X/H pipe make the cabin sound louder?
I had exhaust shop make and fit H pipe. Slightly louder inside. But no drone. This is on convertible. Best $250 spent. Has the sound it should have from factory now. Have had positive comments regarding the sound.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Anyone tried 1 of these magnaflow resonators yet ?
http://www.cjponyparts.com/magnaflo...stainless-steel-clamp-in-gt-2015-2017/p/XPG1/
Im thinking it might give a little more volume on standard system and get rid off the raspy noise
I haven't but my plan was to pair one with the Roush axle backs so to avoid the raspy tone. I was going to contact an Australian Magnaflow distributor and see if they can just supply the x-pipe itself and have a shop weld it in. It might work out cheaper than the bolt on CJPP version given shipping is expensive and that part shouldn't be more than $150 for what it is.

Sponsored

cap192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
green 66 coupe, ruby red 2016 gt
I haven't but my plan was to pair one with the Roush axle backs so to avoid the raspy tone. I was going to contact an Australian Magnaflow distributor and see if they can just supply the x-pipe itself and have a shop weld it in. It might work out cheaper than the bolt on CJPP version given shipping is expensive and that part shouldn't be more than $150 for what it is.
Did a little more checking and the part no for x pipe muffler from magnaflow is 11386 , this can probably be sourced from any local magnaflow supplier unlike the cjpp 1 which is exclusive to them. would just need an exhaust shop to fit it in tho as not a bolt in fit, and price is what you said about $150

Reactions: ssb

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Did a little more checking and the part no for x pipe muffler from magnaflow is 11386 , this can probably be sourced from any local magnaflow supplier unlike the cjpp 1 which is exclusive to them. would just need an exhaust shop to fit it in tho as not a bolt in fit, and price is what you said about $150
Yep that's the correct part no. I guessed the price but sounds about right. Should still come out in front with paying an exhaust shop to fit it as I'd imagine the CJPP version would be over $500 with shipping and exchange rate.

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
It's the Ford Performance Sport by Borla. Yes it's expensive but the price does include fitting and the best price I found was almost US$1400 plus shipping.

I've got this exhaust and that track pack suspension being delivered today. Pick up the car tomorrow hopefully though it'll likely be a couple of weeks before I have time to fit it all.

Few members have it so I'm sure you could arrange a listen.

Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
anyone know what type of exhaust this is or if there is any sound clips?

http://www.thomsonford.com.au/ford-performance-mustang.html

is it the Borla S-Type yes/no
why is it so expensive, has anyone had this fitted?
The exhaust available through ford Aus is not the one pictured in that link , that pic shows the USA spec ford performance sport but the one available through ford dealers is the ford performance EC type and has a resonator not the x pipe .

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
anyone know what type of exhaust this is or if there is any sound clips?

http://www.thomsonford.com.au/ford-performance-mustang.html

is it the Borla S-Type yes/no
why is it so expensive, has anyone had this fitted?
Yes it would normally be the EU Touring Type. If you are in the market for a BORLA system call us on 03 9553 6915. Emails to [email protected]. We are the authorized BORLA distributors in Australia. We offer great deals on the full BORLA range for members of this forum. Cheers Fred

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Yes it would normally be the EU Touring Type. If you are in the market for a BORLA system call us on 03 9553 6915. Emails to [email protected]. We are the authorized BORLA distributors in Australia. We offer great deals on the full BORLA range for members of this forum. Cheers Fred
fitting of the Borla S-type by a local exhaust shop only cost $150. Yes you could do yourself if you have stands, but I choose to let the professions at Castle Hill Performance Exhaust do it where I got to watch in peace. It only took them 40 mins from the time I arrived until I drove off, most of this time was spent on ensuring that the tips were correctly aligned and cutting the old one piece exhaust into 3 pieces. Money well spent..

They guys said that there is cheaper systems out there but in their opinion, the Borla "Just" fits so easily every time.

Thanks Fred, I love the sound of the S-Type
cheers

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hi Simon,

Congrats on the Borla.

Funny how despite our research we both purchased locally!!!

We'll have to meet up and compare "notes" once I get the AWE system fitted. Should be here in a week or two.

Cheers

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Has anyone hooked up aftermarket headers with a Borla S-Type catback? I'm interested in upgrading the headers though I am worried it's going to be too loud... The S-Type catback is just perfect in terms of volume and sound...
Sponsored