Sponsored

What wheels and tires for GTPP for track use?

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
RE: Autocross - if you are going to run SCCA FS you need to keep your factory offset setup, otherwise you will fall out of Stock category. FYI
Not sure if I will actually try to compete or not. I did an auto-x school (1 day) with my last car and it was pretty awesome as I got 20-30 runs in that one day. Not sure how much I'll get into normal auto-x days as you spend all day to get in just a couple runs.

Guess I'm not necessarily trying to compete, but more so just have fun and get good track time. That's why I like the PDE's too, lots of wheel time makes for a good day.

Figure if I ever decide to get into it competitively, I might just need another set. =)
Sponsored

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Does anyone know if the 19X11 SVE 350 replicas will fit at all 4 corners without a spacer?

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Surprisingly, the stock PP Pirelli P-Zeros aren't that bad; 220 summer tread wear; big blocks; 255 F/275 R. They do take a while to get warm but once they do, they stick pretty well. Wheels are heavy but unless you have lots of track and/or A/X seat time, you won't notice that as much as why you can't get FTD. Spend your money on seat time.

I did a PDX at the Point two weeks ago. The car handled as well if not better than most of the novices in my group - even those with 200 TW tires/lighter wheels. Passed a lot of cars on point-by. I was passed too. I did two A/X events this last week-end. First day there were nearly 100 cars. FTD was a turbo Miata; I placed 20th in raw time. Second day was a T'nT. If they had kept score/times, the Miata pilot was still on his game

Point is, seat time is the key, not the latest wiz-bang gizmo; at least not until shaving the next .2 is critical. Once you know the car and it's weak points, then start the mods. Pay attention to the rule set you are interested in. Don't want to compete against impossible odds. You do want to be in the hunt.

Good luck.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I agree, I liked the PZeros on track way more than Conti DWs. They do get a little greasy at the end of the day - at least they started to slip more often with the same driving effort. Would figure any tire would end up that way on an 80 day on a tight track like AMP...

Sponsored

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
FlowForm FF15's are light, durable and ready for the track. I've got a 19x10 squared option to consider, and also a staggered 19x10 and 19x11 set up to go with it. Both fitment wheels are 23lbs or under, so you'll save weight, get a durable wheel with a brand name you'll recognize and trust. Not only that but you'll get a lifetime structural warranty with all of that as well so you won't be worrying if your wheels are going to hold up while you're going over 100MPH+ ;)

Pictured below are 20"s:
16648602885_e4fb1b21e7_b.jpg

16622692456_5b9273fd7e_b.jpg

16647200881_f35c0f3361_b.jpg

What suspension is this car running? And are these 20's staggered?

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
any of you guys run the SVE on track yet?

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I will be Saturday, probably. SVE GT350 rims 11" square.
Nice! let me know how they do.

Will this be your first track day on your new Dual Rate Springs?

Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Uh... no. I have like 4 track days with those gems in bag.
sweet. I love them. Got to try them out at Texas World Speedway two weeks ago. Anyway, let me know your thoughts on those wheels. Strength is my only concern. I'm looking at the SVE GT7's...

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm not necessarily expecting them to last forever. That said, I don't purposefully aim for curbs and frankly every curb I've come across isn't that abusive (except the "2nd level" curbs at AMP, which I never bother with). Other than that it's just the stress of all the turning and if I go off track (hopefully never). Crossing my fingers.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I'm not necessarily expecting them to last forever. That said, I don't purposefully aim for curbs and frankly every curb I've come across isn't that abusive (except the "2nd level" curbs at AMP, which I never bother with). Other than that it's just the stress of all the turning and if I go off track (hopefully never). Crossing my fingers.
Yeah, I'm with you. Not trying to curb it either, just don't want a wheel breaking and flying past me from the stress of hard cornering. Cuz these wheels will probably be getting some grippy tires. So I expect to be pulling some good G's if I managed 1.13 out of those stock 255 Perelli's up front

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
sweet. I love them. Got to try them out at Texas World Speedway two weeks ago. Anyway, let me know your thoughts on those wheels. Strength is my only concern. I'm looking at the SVE GT7's...
I have used the 19x11's on track and they worked fine. [MENTION=17656]higdominator[/MENTION] might be able to give you some info on the GT7's
Sponsored