OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Hey guys, pretty soon I'll have quite a bit of extra cash freed up every month so I'm a bit torn on what I want to do.

I currently have a comp orange stock 2015 GT Premium PP with about 5k miles on it (bought new and I work from home so don't drive a ton).

Debating on really building up my car (FI, full exhaust, ect..) or trying to get my hands on a GT350. I do love modding cars, and would probably end up modding the GT350 a bit as well. I go back and forth between liking the orange on my current Mustang and feeling it's too bright. I usually buy black cars and would probably get a black GT350, possibly Kona Blue or Magnetic.

Mostly interested in the GT350 because it's more of a "special" car and the engine is really unique/amazing. 2018 may be the last year to buy a new one.

Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, mod the GT or keep the GT350 near stock; select mods for improving the experience (clutch spring, MGW, resonator delete) only.

The GT350 is special as it sits. The GT is special when you make it your own.

OP
OP
OSUbrew

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm afraid I would want to mod the GT350 a lot, I like to do the work myself. I'd wait for the GT500 but I have a feeling with ADM it'll be out of my price range.

OP
OP
OSUbrew

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Mid 30's. Invest in land/property. Keep your dosh.
I'll have plenty left over for things besides the car. Neither option is over extending myself, but thanks for the life advice. :shrug:

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
What a dilemma! LOL Great place to be. If it were me, I'd go for the GT350. The only problem I see is you don't drive much. Kind of a shame to have such a nice car and barely drive the thing. To be honest, either way is a win for you, but the GT350 is obviously a better platform to start from.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Neither.

I'd buy a 2018 GT and mod that. Maybe wait for the PP2 cars.

OP
OP
OSUbrew

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Neither.

Eh... I'm not a huge fan of the look of the 2018 although i do like the other updates. Just can't see myself getting rid of my 5k mile 2015 for one when i can just mod mine.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Neither.

This. Its a option.

I sold my 11 Shelby making north of 700RWHP for my GT350. No regrets. The GT350 is every bit of what people say it is driving the car. The mods I have done are in my sig, and I am happy.

Remember you can always buy power. The GT350 takes well to boost, and it comes down to what you want to do in the car. For me, I am now making 500+ RWHP and its more than enough for what I do.

Look inward, answer the questions truthfully, and you will have your car.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Keep it and wait for the new 2020 models, we are really close!

Sponsored

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I don't know, what do the bros at Cars and Coffee think? Me suspects you aren't actually doing anything other than highway cruising or parking in a lot, otherwise it wouldn't even be a question.

OP
OP
OSUbrew

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I don't know, what do the bros at Cars and Coffee think? Me suspects you aren't actually doing anything other than highway cruising or parking in a lot, otherwise it wouldn't even be a question.
I've had and built up a lot of cars in the past, and been to plenty of shows. I'd like to get back into the car scene, that's why I'm debating between the two options in my original post. I'd feel odd bringing a stock Mustang GT to Cars and Coffee. I moved down to FL from Ohio about 4 years ago and kind of fell out of that scene a bit.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I've had and built up a lot of cars in the past, and been to plenty of shows. I'd like to get back into the car scene, that's why I'm debating between the two options in my original post. I'd feel odd bringing a stock Mustang GT to Cars and Coffee. I moved down to FL from Ohio about 4 years ago and kind of fell out of that scene a bit.
So you aren't interested in the performance of a GT350 for track work, you're just looking for street points/IG cred/etc.

Mod the car you have.

OP
OP
OSUbrew

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So you aren't interested in the performance of a GT350 for track work, you're just looking for street points/IG cred/etc.

Mod the car you have.
Never said that, but great job with your assumptions in both posts considering you don't know me at all. I'm 37, not really looking for "street points" or "IG cred". Didn't realize you couldn't go to car shows AND the track. By car scene i meant both.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
If you want something that feels special and doesn't depreciate like hell, go 350 but don't mod too much. If you want serious power and mod the crap out of it, keep the '15. Maybe get a black roof wrap or stripes to make it look "quieter".
Sponsored