Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
So....last Friday night I was finally enjoying my stang like I wanted. I was taking the wife out on our first date in it. It was the day before her real birthday. We were on our way to a concert in downtown Phoenix. We were cruising 75-80 when I approach a string of cars. After a few minutes I realize some guy in a lifted truck is blocking the way. Others in front begin to merge over to slower lanes to overtake the guy. It's finally my turn behind him and nothing is changing so I merge over a few lanes like the others and get around him. There were other cars behind me piling up when I merged. So I knew he was really holding up that lane. I must have been at least a 1/4 mile up the road after getting around him. I see in my mirror the truck coming at a high rate of speed. I decide to merge over to the next lane. He follows me there and tailgates me. I mean his front bumper was at the height of my rear wing and I'm almost positive he was maybe an inch if that from touching it. He moves over a few lanes over to the right of me and sticks out his window yelling and throwing arms. My wife oblivious to what was happening because I didn't want to alarm her see's him and says, "oh look...another guy who likes your car. He really likes it. Wait is he mad?" I let him be but then realized he was exiting the I-10 fwy and onto the I-17. I had to exit too. There's 3 lanes to merge onto that freeway. I dropped a gear went past him and another car and completely cleared them. I moved over to the slow lane to let him by because he was coming strong again. Instead of just going past me, he slows down and slowly swerves me to the right and to a stop pinned to a concrete wall and his truck. I didn't mind everything he was doing up until he did that. I was hoping to God he wouldn't come out of the truck. I'm a calm guy but when it comes to my fists I fear them. Unfortunately my last fight ended with the guy being air lifted. It was self defense but still don't want that to happen again.

In hindsight, I should've just kept my speed until I had to exit. There was nobody in front of us. I won't make that mistake again.

A few days had passed and I realized how much I care about my car. This poor bastard(my car) almost got replaced that night. I wonder how many more life saving moments we'll have together. I hope nothing of this magnitude anymore.
Sponsored

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
It's those damn Egos I tell ya!!! But seriously leave well alone, granted you can take care of yourself but there are some crazy mofos that aren't worth a pubic hair. I would have taken a video of him trying to run you into that concrete wall and sent it to the local PD. People are absolutely nuts these days!

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
So, no clue on why he was angry with you and not everyone else?

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
How can you bond with something that isn't alive? Bonding with a person, fine. Bonding with an animal, fine. Bonding with a car? Is it supposed to show feelings back at you? How would it do that, leak oil?

Stop drinking the cool-aid man. Creative story though, I did enjoy it. Glad you, wifey, and the brodozer(Lifted truck guy) are okay.

One thing though, you said you were taking the wife out on your first date? You got married before going out on a date? You are a brave man. :lol:

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How can you bond with something that isn't alive? Bonding with a person, fine. Bonding with an animal, fine. Bonding with a car? Is it supposed to show feelings back at you? How would it do that, leak oil?

Stop drinking the cool-aid man. Creative story though, I did enjoy it. Glad you, wifey, and the brodozer(Lifted truck guy) are okay.

One thing though, you said you were taking the wife out on your first date? You got married before going out on a date? You are a brave man. :lol:
First date in it.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Well...

After reading all that you left out the best part. So what happened when the two of you were just stopped together at the side of the road? Or is this a fill in the blank kind of thing where we make it up like:

“Dude comes up to my car with a baseball bat cursing at me, then the wife hops out of the car in the Lotus position claiming to know Yang style Tai Chi! The truck dude runs to his truck and drives off...”

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Does it really matter? If some fool did this to me, Id have the police on the phone telling them exactly what this idiot was doing.
I'd have called the police as well, no question; Especially if it was completely unprovoked.

I've rarely seen someone randomly get that angry at someone; It in no way excuses the behavior of whomever was in the truck, but the question I still have is what instigated this anger against the OP as opposed to the multitude of other people that apparently just quietly passed to the right the same as he did. So, while it may not matter, I'm still interested in what caused the ire of the idiot in the truck. Maybe the OP doesn't know; Maybe the truck driver just hates Mustangs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=12349]JeffreyDJ[/MENTION] I'm just as puzzled as you. I don't know if someone after me provoked the guy and just focused on me seeing I was the last car of the group ahead of him. If I knew I did something to provoke him I would've figured it out but until now I don't know why me.

Actually, the only thing I can think of was after I got around him a police officer had someone pulled over on the fast lane shoulder. This was at least a mile after I had passed him. I couldn't merge over to the next lane to give them more space but I did slow down. After clearing the officer he chased me down. I don't know if that upset him. Maybe he was police officer himself. I don't know. We had the windows up when he pulled around me when he was yelling. Maybe I should've lowered them to know why he was upset.
[MENTION=32333]Fatguy[/MENTION] I wish she was that cool. Maybe I'd keep her another 20 years.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I'd have called the police as well, no question; Especially if it was completely unprovoked.

I've rarely seen someone randomly get that angry at someone; It in no way excuses the behavior of whomever was in the truck, but the question I still have is what instigated this anger against the OP as opposed to the multitude of other people that apparently just quietly passed to the right the same as he did. So, while it may not matter, I'm still interested in what caused the ire of the idiot in the truck. Maybe the OP doesn't know; Maybe the truck driver just hates Mustangs.
I know dudes like that who show off, Maybe that dude was a diehard GM dude and wanted to show who rules the road!! I'm curious what kind of truck it was?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

I bonded with a pool cue the other day... stupid Locktite. :rant:

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know dudes like that who show off, Maybe that dude was a diehard GM dude and wanted to show who rules the road!! I'm curious what kind of truck it was?
This F150 stepside exact color lifted with big tires and smoked tail lights.
98 f150.jpg