Sponsored

advise needed on Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
no lurch no issues. Perfect oem drivability.
Sponsored

BEASTMASTER15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Only had mine on for just over a week....I love it!!! Throttle response is not that twitchy to me. It is really how the stang's should have come from the factory.

johna428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT auto. 3:55. 1969 fairlane cobra 428, 4 speed drag pack car
Hi, I run a 2016 GT auto w/3:55 and have the pack 2 for 3 months installed at the Ford dealer. 3" magna flow cat back and ditto summer tires. I haven't had any issues and saw the video of the 2018 at the track. I ran Atco, NJ Tuesday night at about 50 degrees and ran a 12.254 at 114.79. My gas mileage dropped about .3 MPG around town. Hope this helps and i still have my warranty

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For the price I would say it does what you're looking for, maybe not as much on the sound part as you'll want but overall yeah I would say it wakes the car up a bit. The only way to do more to the car for less is to go aftermarket tune. If oyu're okay fighting warranty battles than sure go ahead, otherwise you have about 1 real option.

Also Levittown Ford has way better pricing. Right now it's just a tick over $600, and I'm pretty sure there is a discount code for forum members.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/...nce-intake-calibration-power-pack-p-5001.html
awesome! thanks...

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the PP2 since April. The tune that has been available since June or so is great around town, the low-end torque increase really makes it more fun, and I don't notice any more of a tendency to lurch than if you make a bad shift with the stock tune. If you bought the PP2 now I'm sure that would be the tune you'd download. The original tune was not pleasant to drive around town, as the revs either hung or continued to increase while upshifting, leading to lurching if you were too fast letting out the clutch. That was all fixed with the revised tune.
Thanks! yeah i found another thread out here after I started my post.. there were some major issues with the tune when it first came out.. sounds like they have everything calmed down now.. .I am in IT..so I guess it's a universal law not to jump on the first release of anything :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You should def get the PP2. The increased throttle response is part of the fun. It does make it "touchier" and you have to be more mindful in stoplight situations, start and go traffic, etc. But it's well worth it. Not a big deal. It just feels like a tuned engine now, which it is.

You could probably get a bit more power and of course increased customization from other aftermarket tunes, but the Ford Performance one is good and you can trust it's not over extending your powertrain. Also warranty retention is nice.

If you go forced induction later, I do not think any of the parts will carry over. The intake tube definitely not. But you may be able to keep the larger throttle body if you're just bolting on a centrifugal like a Procharger. Not sure though.

No lift shift is fun as ****, but only comes in to play when you're redlining, or close to it. It has no effect on normal or spirited driving unless you wanted it to, which you wouldn't.

I know the other threads are ridiculously long now, hard to comb through all of that for these intro questions. Long story short, the PP2 really is awesome in my opinion, really wakes the car up. The extra power and low torque is great but not world changing. Also makes an aftermarket exhaust sound even better.
super! thanks for the input! I really appreciate it!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I run a 2016 GT auto w/3:55 and have the pack 2 for 3 months installed at the Ford dealer. 3" magna flow cat back and ditto summer tires. I haven't had any issues and saw the video of the 2018 at the track. I ran Atco, NJ Tuesday night at about 50 degrees and ran a 12.254 at 114.79. My gas mileage dropped about .3 MPG around town. Hope this helps and i still have my warranty
Yes, thank you! :thumbsup::ford:

skistoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 20" CO
For the price, and ability to keep your warranty, PP2 is the way to go.

Just add a Cat Back after market exhaust and your set.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I've had the PP2 since April. The tune that has been available since June or so is great around town, the low-end torque increase really makes it more fun, and I don't notice any more of a tendency to lurch than if you make a bad shift with the stock tune. If you bought the PP2 now I'm sure that would be the tune you'd download. The original tune was not pleasant to drive around town, as the revs either hung or continued to increase while upshifting, leading to lurching if you were too fast letting out the clutch. That was all fixed with the revised tune.
I have the kit sitting in my garage for over a year due to issues with vehicle. From my understanding since I have never registered or downloaded any files if I were to install down the road I would be getting the revised tune even though I was one of the first kits.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
It's even cheaper at Autonation White Bear Lake. And their shipping is less than Levittown, at least for me.

Sponsored

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the kit sitting in my garage for over a year due to issues with vehicle. From my understanding since I have never registered or downloaded any files if I were to install down the road I would be getting the revised tune even though I was one of the first kits.
That should be right. Even if you had logged in, I think you can still log back in and download the revised tune.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I have had it on My 16 Auto fro about two months and I love it. It does really wake the car up, even in drive. you can really tell a difference if you put it in wet/snow the throttle there is so sluggish. Before the I could not tell that much difference between drive and wet/snow. My mileage seems to have gone up a mile per gallon. I haven't taken it to a dyno to see what it puts to the ground, but SOP meter say there is more power. The only thing about Levittown ford is it can take some time to get it. It took about 4 weeks for mine to arrive. The backorder was that bad.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For the price, and ability to keep your warranty, PP2 is the way to go.

Just add a Cat Back after market exhaust and your set.
Thanks! I have a Corsa Sport Cat Back..just love it.. was hoping the PP2 would give it just a tad bit more volume...

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's even cheaper at Autonation White Bear Lake. And their shipping is less than Levittown, at least for me.
i will check it out, was wondering about black friday/holiday specials on it.. thanks!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to contact AutoNation and they are about $50 cheaper than Levittown. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored

Last edited: