jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Do you ever drive outside of a big city? If you do, either you don't look around, or you are kidding yourself.

Consumers ABSOLUTELY buy different things outside of a big city.
Case in point...the people that thought the commercial for the .22 cricket rifle was a joke. Why yes, some kids grow up around guns...welcome to the rest of the world.

I live in a rural area, I know the tech exists. One look around here and it doesn't take much sense to realize this'll be a monumental clusterfuck.
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No way self driving cars take hold for another 20 years plus. Americans love to drive. Maybe in large urban congested areas but we won't be relegated to track use only anytime soon.

We the people still rule. Did anyone pay attention to this last election. The self driving, save the environment side lost. The silent majority still has influence and we love to drive.
True points on self driving being far away. I hope it never comes.

But, as a person who has worked close the The Hill for a long time and in the know, it is "We, the corporations". Don't be disillusioned by politics and division. Its about money ruled by fraudulent politicians and the 1%. There is no majority. You always give up something to get something.

Also, both sides lost in the last election. Some just don't know it or refuse to.

:cheers:

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
True points on self driving being far away. I hope it never comes.

But, as a person who has worked close the The Hill for a long time and in the know, it is "We, the corporations". Don't be disillusioned by politics and division. Its about money ruled by fraudulent politicians and the 1%. There is no majority. You always give up something to get something.

Also, both sides lost in the last election. Some just don't know it or refuse to.

:cheers:
[ame]

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thanks.

I am aware it. Its part of the scam. They can die off via bankruptcy and be born again as another person with new credit.

As a person, I wonder if they are responsible for a percent of the deficit.
Indeed - I wasn't putting that there because I agree with the whole corporations are people scam. Just adding validation to your statement re: Hill state of mind ;)

And - as a person, I wonder if they can go to jail for financial crimes...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Your assumptions about my experiences aren't relevant to this conversation.

Cincinnati is not a big city.. and we border Kentucky lol. In fact my office windows look straight over the river into NKY. I saw a guy with a Prius yesterday that had a piss on CNN and MSNBC sticker on one side and a Don't Tread on Me Sticker on the other. My county voted GOP. And I'm well traveled - so please refrain from assuming I'm the one with the closed mind or limited perspective.

Voting GOP or for Trump doesn't mean the person wants to roll coal or drag race just as voting Dem or for Hillary doesn't mean the person wants to hug trees or drive an electric vehicle.

We're more diverse and complex as a country than red and blue, and even if we weren't... the past election results don't contribute to your or Houston Kid's position, they detract from it. The fact is the majority of Americans (regardless of where they live) did not vote in a way that lends credence to your position. That is a fact, not opinion. You don't have to agree with it, you don't have to like it. It still exists and is true. There's no need to agree to disagree. I don't need to agree with anyone to understand that a fact exists.

Now, back to the topic ---

Future of performance cars
I'm not sure why you are getting so political. Typical forum behavior - trying to one up the other guy is your top priority rather than sticking to the point.

I just said that people who live in the country buy different things than the city people. That's why I questioned you - because somehow you think this isn't true. Yes you might see a Prius or two in the country, but you will see far more Fords and Chevys in the country and far fewer Audis and Toyotas. People value self reliance and freedom more in the country. Yes it's a generalization, but some smart guy once said that generalization is the beginning of knowledge.

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Nobody mentioned Ford’s other jewel...The RAPTOR!

What will come of that!?? It bums me out that FordPreformance might make that an “eco-friendly” battery vehicle too.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm not sure why you are getting so political. Typical forum behavior - trying to one up the other guy is your top priority rather than sticking to the point.
Lookup hypocrisy.

This doesn't need to devolve further. Houston Kid raised a politically tinged statement that was not based in reality. I responded, staying as far away from politics as possible while addressing that statement. You jumped in throwing assumptions for whatever reason and I responded to you and now I'm the one that is getting political and trying to one up someone? Did you even read what you wrote after the above? You literally exhibited the very behavior you tried to down me for. Brilliant.

Have a nice day, man.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
If they could get dealerships on the page of not gouging the customers, then they would sell a lot more. More volume = more profit.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hack said:
Do you ever drive outside of a big city? If you do, either you don't look around, or you are kidding yourself.
Consumers ABSOLUTELY buy different things outside of a big city.
My first comment. I don't see anything about politics in there.

Your assumptions about my experiences aren't relevant to this conversation.

Cincinnati is not a big city.. and we border Kentucky lol. In fact my office windows look straight over the river into NKY. I saw a guy with a Prius yesterday that had a piss on CNN and MSNBC sticker on one side and a Don't Tread on Me Sticker on the other. My county voted GOP. And I'm well traveled - so please refrain from assuming I'm the one with the closed mind or limited perspective.

Voting GOP or for Trump doesn't mean the person wants to roll coal or drag race just as voting Dem or for Hillary doesn't mean the person wants to hug trees or drive an electric vehicle.

We're more diverse and complex as a country than red and blue, and even if we weren't... the past election results don't contribute to your or Houston Kid's position, they detract from it. The fact is the majority of Americans (regardless of where they live) did not vote in a way that lends credence to your position. That is a fact, not opinion. You don't have to agree with it, you don't have to like it. It still exists and is true. There's no need to agree to disagree. I don't need to agree with anyone to understand that a fact exists.

Now, back to the topic ---

Future of performance cars
Emphasis is mine. Just bolding the areas where you were talking about voting, red and blue, politicians, etc. I hope you look at it.

I just said that people who live in the country buy different things than the city people. That's why I questioned you - because somehow you think this isn't true. Yes you might see a Prius or two in the country, but you will see far more Fords and Chevys in the country and far fewer Audis and Toyotas. People value self reliance and freedom more in the country. Yes it's a generalization, but some smart guy once said that generalization is the beginning of knowledge.
There's nothing above that says anything about red/blue, voting, names any politician, etc. Is that correct?

Lookup hypocrisy.

This doesn't need to devolve further. Houston Kid raised a politically tinged statement that was not based in reality. I responded, staying as far away from politics as possible while addressing that statement. You jumped in throwing assumptions for whatever reason and I responded to you and now I'm the one that is getting political and trying to one up someone? Did you even read what you wrote after the above? You literally exhibited the very behavior you tried to down me for. Brilliant.

Have a nice day, man.
Yup I read it. I maintain that I haven't been hypocritical at all. However, I think you have. Why don't you think about it again?

And you weren't responding to Houston Kid in the posts that I quoted above.

Sponsored

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
How about those Cubs!??

Now they just need to win the next three!

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My first comment. I don't see anything about politics in there.

Emphasis is mine. Just bolding the areas where you were talking about voting, red and blue, politicians, etc. I hope you look at it.

There's nothing above that says anything about red/blue, voting, names any politician, etc. Is that correct?

Yup I read it. I maintain that I haven't been hypocritical at all. However, I think you have. Why don't you think about it again?

And you weren't responding to Houston Kid in the posts that I quoted above.
Typical forum behavior - trying to one up the other guy is your top priority rather than sticking to the point.

That said -- I'm not here to have a political debate, but we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand and pretend electoral maps are any indicator of consumer tendencies.

[ame]

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wouldn't be surprised if the generation that thought the latest horse-and-buggy setup was pretty cool looked upon the noisy, unreliable and outright inconvenient motorized vehicles as an abomination that would change life for the worse. I'm sure that they felt truly sorry for the deluded generation that would was about to embrace them.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I wouldn't be surprised if the generation that thought the latest horse-and-buggy setup was pretty cool looked upon the noisy, unreliable and outright inconvenient motorized vehicles as an abomination that would change life for the worse. I'm sure that they felt truly sorry for the deluded generation that would was about to embrace them.
speaking of the above statement and Mustangs and directions at Ford..
Henry-Ford-Faster-Horse-600x282.jpeg
Sponsored