Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Tien you've probably just twisted the chassis doing dig starts with 600hp :thumbsup:

Flying Fiz when you say 'this batch' do you have any batch details? Mine is a 17 like yours and Tien's. Just measured mine horizontally between the rim and a straight edge held vertically against the flat outer guard lip, seems the same on both sides. Lol I'll probably create a problem now by fitting the Steeda alignment kit.
I meant the 2015 to 2017 Mustangs. Guys in the US were talking about chassis alignment issues from day one, and just about everyone that I know who has taken their wheels and tyres to the limit has found that the rear passenger is just that much closer to the fender than the drivers side. There is a Steeda adjustment/alignment kit that is supposed to work. but my wheel alignment guy mentioned two things;
  1. Often when you do a chassis alignment you get different panel gaps occurring, so look out for that,and
  2. He has noticed over 30 years of doing alignments that every make of car has this issue to varying degrees. Apparently after many thousands of vehicles have gone through the production line the tooling gets a bit out and has to be recalibrated, so if your car number 1 to 3,000 you may be OK but if your car 5,000 to 6,000 you may be a bit out of whack and your diff might not be dead centre.
In my case the rear passenger tyre is 12mm further out than my drivers.
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I meant the 2015 to 2017 Mustangs. Guys in the US were talking about chassis alignment issues from day one, and just about everyone that I know who has taken their wheels and tyres to the limit has found that the rear passenger is just that much closer to the fender than the drivers side. There is a Steeda adjustment/alignment kit that is supposed to work. but my wheel alignment guy mentioned two things;
  1. Often when you do a chassis alignment you get different panel gaps occurring, so look out for that,and
  2. He has noticed over 30 years of doing alignments that every make of car has this issue to varying degrees. Apparently after many thousands of vehicles have gone through the production line the tooling gets a bit out and has to be recalibrated, so if your car number 1 to 3,000 you may be OK but if your car 5,000 to 6,000 you may be a bit out of whack and your diff might not be dead centre.
In my case the rear passenger tyre is 12mm further out than my drivers.
12mm? wow I just measured mine. Within 1mm. Built dec15.:shrug:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Happy Bathurst day..... go the fn Fords :ford:
IMG_20171008_162858.jpg

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I found out the hard way barbecue near mustang = grease on car!:doh:
True.... but it cleans off:lol: come on Fords :ford:

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Ford got what they deserved today. Like many times before, they have pulled out of touring/supercars. They have a great chance with Mustang, to create some interest. Instead, we have to watch a car that's been put to bed a year ago. :headbonk:

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Ford got what they deserved today. Like many times before, they have pulled out of touring/supercars. They have a great chance with Mustang, to create some interest. Instead, we have to watch a car that's been put to bed a year ago. :headbonk:
Ford have no official involvement anymore- they don’t care.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Come on mike don't be like that :ford:

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Neither of the Commodores on the podium will have any factory support next year. New Holden management could possibly change Holden's racing future too.

Anyway, no amount of money would have fixed the Ford problems this year. Look what happened to 888 too, WITH factory money.

Oh well, there's always next year...

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Today was a lottery courtesy of Mother Nature. Just ask Jamie windcup and Shane van Gizbergen. Yep one that got away but congrats to Davy Reynolds. Oh and super cheap have some great car detailing stuff on line that is on sale. So not a total loss today :)

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
AWE touring cat back fitted today at JAX in Mitchell. Pics and sound bite to follow but my initial impressions are as follows:

System took an hour and a half to fit. Was charged $165 for fitment. No problems with fitment. No problems with alignment of the single diamond black tips in the standard valence, very stylish indeed.

The sound on cold start is loud and deep and stays deep to my ear. Gets quieter (relatively) once warmed up but when you accelerate and go back a gear there is a deep bark which is just awesome. In 6th gear the system is very quiet and nil drone. This is how the mustang should have sounded from the start.

Big thanks to Respec 015 for sharing his experience with this system

Last edited:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you're happy with the AWE.

I've just got back after 2 weeks away and started mine up this morning. It was like a "Colorbond" door moment!

An hour and a half for fitting is the same as mine took and as you mention it just goes together with no issues.

Most important - no drone!

Looking forward to the sound clips.

As for polishing the tips just try a quick detailer and microfibre cloth. Your stamped logo will be fine - I found with the etched logo it tended to catch small bits of cloth and so on the logo I use a cotton cloth.

Jim

Agent 86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT Fastback
Hey Bagration, any chance I could see and hear this in the flesh? Am still deciding what if any change I will make to the noise :)

Cheers
Sponsored