Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
I suppose I would say that, other than the golf R you are looking at modified "older" cars -for instance any N54 engine BMW is going back the best part of 10 years. The difference between the interior of the N54 series cars and the Mustang is chalk and cheese -and not necessarily in BMW's favour.

Secondly, almost all of the cars in that list deliver power differently than the Coyote engine -much more grunt down low and relatively little up high -the opposite of the Coyote. it depends on where you like to feel the punch.

An re the Golf R, after the traffic light drag, you are still just driving a Golf. No thanks.

The Mustang is the cheapest performance car I have owned in nearly 20 years, but in some strange way maybe the most fun. The thing I have realised for me personally, is that every car I have owned has not been perfect, enjoy them for 2 or 3 years and then do something different.
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
A fair call and good on you, for calling it as you see it. I'm not a Mustang "fan boy", by any stretch. Not because it's a flawed car. I just wanted a good looking,well equipped, good to drive (modern) V8 Vert. A car to cruise around with, on weekends mainly, that puts a smile on my face. It fits the bill nicely. At around $70k, there is nothing else even close. It does have an X-factor that's hard to define, which allows people to overlook it's shortcomings/flaws. I don't think i could live with a Mustang, even a hardtop, as a daily driver. I hope your next ride brings you more joy. cheers:thumbsup: response was meant for AUS MUSTANG GT
Like my mustang I will tune what ever my next car is, N54, 4G63, and EJ25 are all good bases to start off with (to varying degrees).

My mustang was sitting at 283rwkw with a custom tune catback and cai, probably the highest figure for them mods in Australia so that is my base. The Sti I am looking at is 260rwkw and also 350kg lighter with AWD. That is definitely going to be a faster car in pretty much all areas.

An evo I am going to look at is forged and stroked to 2.4, the owner is stating ~360rwkw, I am concerned that this will be too much power.

There is one N54 at 270rwkw, this will be an interesting comparison however I know that that N54 does have it short comings. In the US they are likening it to the next 2JZ, the interior build quality of a BMW is miles ahead of where the mustang is.

As for the golf R, stock for stock it is faster than the mustang is almost all areas but for the quarter mile, tune it to stage 1 or 2 and you are going to struggle to catch it. I have come up against many Golf R's in my tuned car and my V8 struggled.

It will be interesting as all these cars are quite different.

Unfortunately the mustang isn't as quick as what you think it is and what I thought it was. Trying to get the power down is an art and is rather difficult, the very best 0-100 I ever timed was 4.7. To me that isn't enough
The Golf R would be a great little weapon with an APR tune. My daily driver, is a Yeti 4x4 1.8t APR stage 1. It pulls like a train, on boost and that DSG is lightning quick. In tight conditions, my Mustang has no chance. Don't even mention the wet. My main problem with the Golf R is that well, it's a Golf. Mustang is a stand alone "selfish" car, not based on a "shopping trolley" or lesser car.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
just know that there is no such thing as the perfect car, especially in a toy that has a new model every 5 years. even the current c63s is almost perfect about from the suspension.. too stiff for sydney roads. and thats comfort mode.

for me the perfect situation will be to own 2 cars. if i had the parking space i would have gotten a basic golf 90tsi, and a 370z for the weekend.

have you considered the 370z ? i would buy one used. honestly its a great car, i think it weights similarly to the mustang but feels so much lighter on its feet.

i need 4 seats and a some what functional boot. only car i would trade the mustang for is the m2 (which i can afford)

for some people this mustang is not that great of car apart from the looks. from the performance and engagement i believe the sti/evo 370z is superior. but mustang is more comfortable and sound better ?(subjective)

but for people like me who after 3k kms. average speed is 26km per hour.. :)

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Strange call... a stock golf r will stomp a stock gt in almost every category as you put it.. let's not even mention a stage 1 or stage 2 golf r vs even a modded gt.

I sold my gt a while back and I loved the car but it was missing something (maybe it was a supercharger)... I think the 12 month wait built it up into something it couldn't be.

I have an order on a my18 but I am also looking at everything from an m2 to a 2018 sti.
Yes, maybe some people where expecting to much from the standard GT. It's a pity that we don't have access to the GT350. it shows the performance potential of a well sorted Mustang. Jay leno has one and say's it's one of his favorite car's of all time. A huge endorsement.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
just know that there is no such thing as the perfect car, especially in a toy that has a new model every 5 years. even the current c63s is almost perfect about from the suspension.. too stiff for sydney roads. and thats comfort mode.

for me the perfect situation will be to own 2 cars. if i had the parking space i would have gotten a basic golf 90tsi, and a 370z for the weekend.

have you considered the 370z ? i would buy one used. honestly its a great car, i think it weights similarly to the mustang but feels so much lighter on its feet.

i need 4 seats and a some what functional boot. only car i would trade the mustang for is the m2 (which i can afford)

for some people this mustang is not that great of car apart from the looks. from the performance and engagement i believe the sti/evo 370z is superior. but mustang is more comfortable and sound better ?(subjective)

but for people like me who after 3k kms. average speed is 26km per hour.. :)
I also got rid of my car and need 4 seats and 4 doors. Am considering a rolls (which I can afford)

#iamthebiggestdog

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Personally I was going to buy a surplus Abrams M1A2 tank, the fuel economy isn't great but it grips well in all conditions and if someone doors me, they're more likely to break the door then my tank.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
have you considered the 370z ?
I think if he's not happy with the performance of the Mustang he won't be happy with a 370Z. I haven't driven one but I used to own a 350Z and I can't imagine the 370Z is much if any quicker (though it does look better than the 350Z IMO). Nice tourer but certainly not a sports car nor fast. It's speed around the track is the reason I sold it after a year. For me, I've changed and no longer have time for track days etc so the GT aspect of the Mustang suits me now.

As for the 4 door thing, almost every car I've owned has been 2 doors and often 2 seaters. Not long after ordering the Mustang I had the unexpected requirement of having to move to 4 doors. If that'd happened a couple of months earlier I probably wouldn't have bought the Mustang and would've gone for an AMG or M car most likely. I'd planned on keeping my 2 door Pajero for camping etc alongside the Mustang so unfortunately I had to sell it. Bought a Ford Ranger in it's place which I'm rather happy with as a daily.

The good news is there's a lot of good performance options on the market these days so you're sure to find something.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
^^ Personally I was going to buy a surplus Abrams M1A2 tank, the fuel economy isn't great but it grips well in all conditions and if someone doors me, they're more likely to break the door then my tank.
Sorry there are none that are surplus, in fact all of the old M1's are being dusted off right now.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Installed my GT350R steering wheel today! Thank you to everyone who pressured me into this mod lol. Absolutely love it!

350tqp4.jpg

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
My list is quite broad at the moment
BMW 135i, BMW 335i, Evo 8, Evo 9, Evo 10, Hawkeye STi, Golf R

I want something faster and with better handling. I know that these cars don't share the same looks as the Mustang and none will sound as good as my Corsa Sport. For me the Mustang was a flawed car from day one and unfortunately that left me with a sour taste in my mouth. As a package I think the Mustang needs quite a bit of work out of the box.

However I think at the ~$60k price point there is no better new car.
I have driven a 135i and you will have some serious fun wth it. Mid range punch and rear wheel driver make it a beast with the traction control off. I wouldn't say the interior is much to write home about though.

I've had a few euro cars including a mk2 Focus RS and I still enjoy the Mustang more but it is what I have always waned.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Installed my GT350R steering wheel today! Thank you to everyone who pressured me into this mod lol. Absolutely love it!

350tqp4.jpg
Good job :thumbsup: it's sooooooo nice to feel while driving :love: you could never go back to the other one

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
So is this paint correction or waxing with a machine or water spot removal from the glass?
What's the trim around the windscreen and side windows looks like a crime or something else?
Sponsored