Sponsored

Picked up my 2018 Mustang GT in Royal Crimson!

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Awesome review and great choice of car, options and color. I am looking forward to ordering mine in February. I am really debating between the PP1 and PP2 package as well. Trying to figure out if I can justify the 401a, PP2, Active Exhaust and the RoushCharger. I figure if I am going to do it then I might as well go all in.
By the time you add all those extras you'll be looking at a 4000 lb car, then add 130 lbs more of supercharger and a few more things adding another 30-40 lbs and it's just a barge by then. The PP2 is nothzing special and adds some tech package to the mix, which is defeating the purpose. Ford adding more Luxury to a supposed track package is kinda dumb.

If you want a track or straight line rocket, keep it light. Oem 18" wheels, base car, 3.55's with the auto or the stick, and swap out some sticky tires, a few mild suspension upgrades and your done.
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Man that color...

Love this new 18'...

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Great write up OP....the dealer decals they stick on is a goddamned crime. What baffles me even more are those who leave them on.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Damn that color....

and that gauge cluster.....

hnnng

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
ill give a like to this owner!

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
good taste man.. I am pretty confident I've seen you around actually. I keep seeing a DIB car around here and I had to talk myself out of getting a DIB 2017 while I was waiting throughout the summer.. I love that color, too!

yeah that's the area - I am a couple neighborhoods over, closer to 20th! we should go for a cruise sometime when it's not so crappy out.
Yeah that would be awesome!

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
As a '17 owner, I've not been a fan of the '18 at all as far as looks are concerned (from Ford's marketing and the numerous initial pics currently circulating), and being UK based we've not yet seen them 'in the flesh' as we're not due to see them in dealers until March/April next year, so as I'm in Florida at the moment I stopped by one of the dealers last week and got my first glimpse of an '18... a Ruby Red base model GT... and I wasn't impressed in the overall appearance further to the makeover... until now!

WOW! is I think the best word/phrase/exclamation... that colour is stunning, and perhaps the best I've seen yet (IMO) on the '18 as it accentuates all the 'right' lines on the car. The richness and depth is just breathtaking (not sure what the hell Ford did in their marketing pics where it's looked very washed out) and it adds back the aggressiveness that I think the much debated front end changes somewhat removed.

I'm not a fan of the 'Nintendo' dash cluster as I think this (alike all electronics) will become outdated very quickly (look at tech over any 3 year period, especially monitors/displays, over the past couple of decades and you'll no doubt see what I mean) so not for me, but the active exhaust is awesome sounding, and I do like the revised look of the back end.

Congratulations on a great colour choice and a total stunner of a car... it rocks :headbang: ... and thanks for being the first person to help in changing my perception of the '18!

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Awesome! Congrats on the car and what a nice color. Best of luck with it!

Nice detailed review as well. The one thing that surprised me was your comment about the clutch effort. I've read/heard other reviewers of the '18 clutch say that it is like butter compared to the 2015-17 clutch. Maybe yours needs to break in? Hopefully nothing is wrong with it.
I think it's healthy. I was really just trying to notate that in comparison to the mt82 from my 12 GT', the clutch pedal is noticeably heavier.

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
[MENTION=32317]entaiiie[/MENTION]

Great write up and good luck w/ the 18!

Can you add any thoughts about the new headlights and driving lights (fog lights)? Both the headlights and driving lights were revamped; I was curious to know if the now very small driving lights are even effective at all when compared to the prior 15-17 models.

Thx!
unfortunately I cannot compare it to the 15-17 models, my last mustang was a 12 GT, but I did have the center grill driving lights - those things really lit things up!

the new smaller driving lights actually make quite a difference in visibility. it adds a lot more substance to the direct center and side lighting. I could take a with and without photo or two the next time I have it outside at night. I have not yet played with them in a legitimate fog setting :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Get yourself a bottle of Meguiar's ultimate compount (black bottle) And just use a microfiber cloth you can buff that deck lid panel super easy and remove the scratches, because its so soft, it takes little to scratch it wiping it with a MF cloth, but it takes just as little effort with the compound to remove them too. Use a nice glaze and a paste wax on it to help keep it from scratching so easily, then you can use detail spray or nano wax afterward to keep it shiny.

It is what I use on my 16 EBM atm.

On a darker color I am not so put off by the different front end design, kinda looks like Darth Vader =)
thanks for the tip! I will pick some up.

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
The Color is the bomb!

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Last edited:

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
https://www.benchmarkautosalon.com/ hooked my 18 GT up with a full front end / mirrors / rocker panels / headlights paint protection film, full exterior polishing and an opticoat! The car looks absolutely gorgeous, very well done. Way less orange peel and goodbye 'dealer installed' scratches and swirls.. :). Excited to see how easy the maintenance will be going forward!
Edit: Pictures are showing up now. Car looks GREAT!!!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have to agree with several other posters in saying that color is awesome.

Sweet looking ride.
Sponsored