Sponsored

Has anyone tried this badge alternative?

Kayva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks great, is it fully reversible?
Thanks. No it is not reversible, when its cut out its cut out for good. I just checked ebay and found a new grille fairly cheap and used that to cut on.

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Update: I received my front badge and installed on my RTR grille. Install was very straightforward and I'm happy with the results.

The badge arrived in perfect condition and I was impressed with the weight and overall look. Initial quality is very high; surface finish is good and the red fill is very consistent and looks great. The badge comes with a good sized piece of 3M VHB stuck to the back as well as the hardware as shown.

I was able to reach through my passenger side grille opening which made installation quick and easy. One thing I did do was shorten the screws since they come extra long, possibly to accommodate different setups. I was happy to see that screw spacing matches up with my grille pattern, no modification required.

Apologies for the dirty car, it's been raining out here
IMG_3428.JPG
IMG_3429.JPG
IMG_3430.JPG
IMG_3432.JPG

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Wow i love the RTR grill more every time i see it! looks great Jmart

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Just ordered. Figured I'll give it try for that price and since it doesn't look like Space City will be selling them again anytime soon.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Mine used a double sided tape to attach the plate with the bolts to the actual badge. Seems to be holding fine, but the bolts are not built in to the badge.
Update: I received my front badge and installed on my RTR grille. Install was very straightforward and I'm happy with the results.

The badge arrived in perfect condition and I was impressed with the weight and overall look. Initial quality is very high; surface finish is good and the red fill is very consistent and looks great. The badge comes with a good sized piece of 3M VHB stuck to the back as well as the hardware as shown.

I was able to reach through my passenger side grille opening which made installation quick and easy. One thing I did do was shorten the screws since they come extra long, possibly to accommodate different setups. I was happy to see that screw spacing matches up with my grille pattern, no modification required.

Apologies for the dirty car, it's been raining out here
I received the GT350 style EcoBoost turbo emblem today. The badge looks great indeed, heavy and of very good quality.

I am a bit concerned though about the long-term durability of the 3M VHB tape: Like [MENTION=24706]Kayva[/MENTION] said, the bolts are not built into the badge and they don't sit 100% flash on the surface of the metal grille support where the badge is supposed to stick through the 3m tape. So, considering the weight of the badge, will the tape keep it in place for long? I am asking this because if the badge detaches from its metal support, it will definitely damage the front bumper.

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
That's the badge I have on my car. I got fed up trying to get a Howler badge from spycity and got the ebay one. Doesnt look as good but they have it in stock and ship quick.
what did you do to cover the holes from the GT badge?
Sponsored