Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Any exhaust is quiet when you don’t push your foot down :)
A "noisy" exhaust will be much loader on start up, or even part throttle acceleration. I can hear my neighbors 1970 Mach 1 start up, 100m down the road and when he drives by at part throttle. Barely hear most of my other neighbors cars. Bi-modal exhaust makes total sense, if you have close, or fussy neighbors.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
A good exhaust note is a community service, it brings hope to the uncoverted masses and uplifts the faithful :headbang:

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
After having sold my Race Red 2017 GT at the beginning of the year, I was contemplating getting a 2018.

I'm not completely sold on the front end of the 2018, and I'm expecting that there'll be a price increase, and as with the last model there'll be no discounting initially. Not to mention that I probably wouldn't see the car till late 2018/early 2019.

I found a new 2017 GT in Grabber Blue at a great price, so I bit the bullet.

I'm going to be back in the saddle again in the next week or so. Glad to be back with you all!

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
After having sold my Race Red 2017 GT at the beginning of the year, I was contemplating getting a 2018.

I'm not completely sold on the front end of the 2018, and I'm expecting that there'll be a price increase, and as with the last model there'll be no discounting initially. Not to mention that I probably wouldn't see the car till late 2018/early 2019.

I found a new 2017 GT in Grabber Blue at a great price, so I bit the bullet.

I'm going to be back in the saddle again in the next week or so. Glad to be back with you all!
You sold a 17GT in early 17? Wow. Also, what's a great price for a new GT now?

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I had it from Sep-Feb. Long story, but had a change in circumstances so decided to sell it. Got a good price for it, then just after I'd sold, realised I didn't need to sell. Oh well. Lived with that decision for a while with the view to getting a 2018. The one I've now ordered I got for $57K, less than what I sold my previous one for. I'm a little better than break even.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I had it from Sep-Feb. Long story, but had a change in circumstances so decided to sell it. Got a good price for it, then just after I'd sold, realised I didn't need to sell. Oh well. Lived with that decision for a while with the view to getting a 2018. The one I've now ordered I got for $57K, less than what I sold my previous one for. I'm a little better than break even.
Ok. So it was a 16 then. Grabber blue is a nice choice over Race red. Race red looks to orange to me in the sun. Only looks good in the shade. Subjective, of course.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Ok. So it was a 16 then. Grabber blue is a nice choice over Race red. Race red looks to orange to me in the sun. Only looks good in the shade. Subjective, of course.
No it was an MY17, Sync 3 etc.

I love the Grabber. With the black roof it looks great to me. That colour wasn't available when I ordered my first car, and isn't available now as they just produced it in 2017, and before that I understand it was offered first in 1969 and then again in 2000. There won't be a lot of them on the road. I'v only seen one to date.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
No it was an MY17, Sync 3 etc.

I love the Grabber. With the black roof it looks great to me. That colour wasn't available when I ordered my first car, and isn't available now as they just produced it in 2017, and before that I understand it was offered first in 1969 and then again in 2000. There won't be a lot of them on the road. I'v only seen one to date.
In your original post, you said 2017GT. So i understood it to be purchased 2017. Not a MY17, built and purchased 2016. But who cares. :shrug:Your back on the horse.:cheers:

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
In your original post, you said 2017GT. So i understood it to be purchased 2017. Not a MY17, built and purchased 2016. But who cares. :shrug:Your back on the horse.:cheers:
Fair enough. Yes, was manufactured in June 2016. It's always confusing when comparing model year and build year. I always refer to model year as that describes the features. i.e. half of build year 2016 came with Sync 2

Very happy to be back on the horse. Now the fun begins customising!

Sponsored

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
0BcHzyB.jpg

GT350R wheel, paddle shift extenders, and most importantly red start button!

Have the white madness chrome shifter still to install, worried about pulling up the plastic surround and not breaking anything.
I installed the shifter. Just take your time and nothing will break.also the tiny screws are a bugger and easy to drop down the gap so use a magnetic screw driver

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Welcome back on the Pony Frostee and welcome to the Grabber Blue stud