Sponsored

A comfortable cruiser

Caffn8d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red V6
Spent the weekend traveling. Drove from Richmond VA to Winston Salem NC for the Guns n Roses concert Friday night. Got back to RIC 4:30 Saturday morning only to get up again at 7 for a trip down to rural SC and back Saturday night. 1,022 miles travelled.

I normally drive maybe 17 miles to/from work each day so don't frequently take it on long trips. Very impressed with how comfortable it was. Just very well put together. I've driven so many different makes and models but the Mustang just exceeded my expectations on how a pony car ride should feel. 85+ mph, with max a/c in the sweltering heat and still achieved just over 30mpg. No rattles, creaks, groans or complaints.

After 8 months, still loving the car.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Nice. I work in RVA. I drove to Raleigh the other day but of course I didn't take my Mustang. I was there for a week last year for meetings but had my WRX at the time and took that so I'd have something to do at least and ended up in a hailstorm and then another day cans were blowing out of a dump truck across the highway hitting cars so I said no more taking my cars lol.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Nah, its too comfy for me. I want it to handle as good as my WRX.

Sponsored

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
I keep saying mu mustang is the most comfortable car I've ever owned.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Definitely a nice Luxury Cruiser. Wife and I took a nice weekend getaway 1000 mile trip last year after I bought it and we thought it was a real nice comfy ride. Having the 401a with NAV and Shaker Sound is a must IMO. Best car I've ever owned.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Spent the weekend traveling. Drove from Richmond VA to Winston Salem NC for the Guns n Roses concert Friday night. Got back to RIC 4:30 Saturday morning only to get up again at 7 for a trip down to rural SC and back Saturday night. 1,022 miles travelled.

I normally drive maybe 17 miles to/from work each day so don't frequently take it on long trips. Very impressed with how comfortable it was. Just very well put together. I've driven so many different makes and models but the Mustang just exceeded my expectations on how a pony car ride should feel. 85+ mph, with max a/c in the sweltering heat and still achieved just over 30mpg. No rattles, creaks, groans or complaints.

One of the few. :lol:

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
I bought my V6 Mustang as a Touring car. After 11k miles, I have to agree with the OP. It has been fabulous. It is comfortable cruising, but lively when I get a chance to take on some twisties. OUTSTANDING car.

PS: my 11k miles fuel mileage average is just over 31mpg. No commuting, and no 85mph stints. Almost entirely highway miles.

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
No rattles, creaks, groans or complaints here either! But I haven't been able to take any long trips. The wife seems to feel that I drive a little . . . differently . . . in the Mustang and it makes her a bit nervous!

Sponsored

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
Same here, no rattles creaks or groans. Long trip or short trips it is a very good ride.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
85+ mph, with max a/c in the sweltering heat and still achieved just over 30mpg. No rattles, creaks, groans or complaints.

[MENTION=28481]Caffn8d[/MENTION] The car is just as smooth at 130mph for long distances. You picked a good one.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2017 Performance Pack Mustang GT

Drives & Rides like my 1985 Trans am only x 100. Firm but still comfortable at
least for me. After over a month driving her I find excuses to take her out rather than the family box car. ;)

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
1500km drive

I had to travel from Alice Springs to Adelaide a couple weeks ago.
Great cruising on our open roads and overtaking 50m long road trains was so effortless
Averaged 9.5L /100 km no complaints with that.
map.jpg
roadtrain.jpg
Sponsored