Sponsored

Watson K-Member

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I was searching and there is not a lot of information on the Watson K-members.

Weight reduction is needed for my car. My car is not an all out drag car, nor do I want it to be. I was wondering if anyone knows if I will lose any handling or street ability with their "drag" k member? Could you road race with this?

Looks like I could lose 30lbs with that and 32lbs with the Eradispeed rotors.

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It isn't a Watson but this thread discusses an aftermarket K-brace. Dude put his car on a serious diet.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It isn't a Watson but this thread discusses an aftermarket K-brace. Dude put his car on a serious diet.
Thank you for your response, but it appears you lose the sway bar with this K-member. I want to keep the performance handling.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
from what I can tell I think with the Watson you lose the sway bar as well. I think that is what bmr is using on theirs. here is a link to the thread and if you scroll down the first page you can see and underview of the entire car

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23215&highlight=bmr+cb005
BMR has no intentions on going into production though. I asked Kelly personally about this, not a worthwhile venture for them. The cost didn't justify the small weight savings and it is huge to ship.

I'm with the OP though, anything to drop the lbs on a roadcourse (especially in front) is a worthwhile venture for me as well. Though, I'm not willing to sacrifice too much as mine is a DD as well.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMR has no intentions on going into production though. I asked Kelly personally about this, not a worthwhile venture for them. The cost didn't justify the small weight savings and it is huge to ship.

I'm with the OP though, anything to drop the lbs on a roadcourse (especially in front) is a worthwhile venture for me as well. Though, I'm not willing to sacrifice too much as mine is a DD as well.

I called Watson and they do not recommend it for my application, as they do not retain the sway bar. They had great customer service BTW.

Thanks for the responses!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Due to the newer design of the front subframe with the integrated sway bar mounting, integrated radiator supports and the dual ball joint configuration - the best way to swap the parts out and save 'significant' weight is to swap over to the 2011-2014 S197 style front suspension. The primary issue with that is, it is VERY expensive and I do not think the ROI is very good at all.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Due to the newer design of the front subframe with the integrated sway bar mounting, integrated radiator supports and the dual ball joint configuration - the best way to swap the parts out and save 'significant' weight is to swap over to the 2011-2014 S197 style front suspension. The primary issue with that is, it is VERY expensive and I do not think the ROI is very good at all.

Thank you also for your response. I love when vendors chime in and instead of just trying to sell you parts and make money, they steer you in the correct direction. Hats off to these kind of vendors. :thumbsup:
Sponsored