Sponsored

Sync Issues, basically anything associated with the media button doesn't do squat

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
EDIT - Actually sluethed up a fix someone posted on Reddit that I missed in my google scouring. For anyone interested in the solution, you go to your passenger-side fuses (located on the panel next to the door up near the floor mat) and fuse #32 governs the stereo unit. It's a red little 10amp fuse. With the car running, I pulled the fuse and then plugged it back in. Then turned off the car, and turned the car back on. Force it to un-f*ck its self and quit glitching out and actually recognize the sources rather than just freeze up.

Didn't pull up my specific issue in my brief search, but to be fair I'm pretty brain-fried right now from hardcoring a 1700 mile drive all in one 25 hour shot nonstop. So I easily could have missed this question even if it was slapping me in the face right now lol. But, with about 2 hours left of my drive home this happened, which combined with my already dead-tired and long drive wracked brain just spun me into a whole new dimension of pissed the hell off when it happened.

I've got my '16 GT PP, just the base interior with the non-touch display unit. I've got my thumb drive plugged in to the port in front below the unit, just blasting away tunes to help keep me awake. Stop for more gas about 2 hours out from home, we've already been driving for 23 straight hours now. Hop back in the car, get on the freeway, and the fact settles in that it's awfully quiet in the car right now. Screen is pretty much empty and showing 0:23 on the timer that typically shows how far into a song I am. No song title loaded up or anything, rest of it is all blank. Hitting the media to make it toggle between the two different USB sources and bluetooth does nothing. My phone is synced up and connected and phone calls are working great, just can't see what's on my phone and plugging my thumb drive in either of the USB ports does nothing. The media button literally does nothing. Radio works fine, and I didn't have any CDs in the car but seeing as how it tells me I need a CD in the drive in order to read it when I hit the CD button implies to me that it's recognizing the CD. But the media button might as well not even exist.

I pulled over and turned the car off and on several times, even opening the door with the car off to cut the interior power to try to get things to "reset". Got in the menu and reset things to factory, that didn't help.

This thing just refuses to even recognize a thumb drive in the USB, or see my phone's contents if I plug that in the USB. And it refuses to see my phone's songs over bluetooth even though phone calls work great over bluetooth. Anyone encounter this before? I'm going to be going down to the dealership anyways to change my oil but it'd be nice if there was a stupid easy fix for this that I'm not finding lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I wonder if that was my post that you found. :)

At first the dealer just told me to pull the negative battery terminal, but I found the #32 trick on here and that seems to do it.

OP
OP
ForTheHordeKT

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Haha maybe, result wasn't in the /r/mustang subreddit, it was in some /r/ford one or something like that. Wish I'd have spotted it while I was googling on my phone at that gas station, I'd have had some tunes again for the last bit of my drive. But, I probably would have just got all pissed I couldn't pull the fuse out with my fingers (I had to snatch up some needle nose pliers which I wouldn't have had in the car to help out lol).
Sponsored