Sponsored

Magneride or 401a and LCD?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Can you add lowering springs to a car with Magneride without any negative effect?
The short and quick is...it depends on the spring. Not very helpful unfortunately. We'll have to wait and see what comes out. There's a very few select offerings for the GT350 and a lot of guys haven't really gone there. The car is already plenty low. That could be the case with the GT PP as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
airfuel

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
How much nicer is the 401a compared to the 400a?

Fancy stitching, heated wheel, (don't need) LCD dash for $2200?
It's not like we are comparing base cloth seats to premium.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
How much nicer is the 401a compared to the 400a?

Fancy stitching, heated wheel, (don't need) LCD dash for $2200?
It's not like we are comparing base cloth seats to premium.
It basically includes the old Premiere Trim option plus additional leather-wrapped stuff (knee bolsters, shift boot, center console arm rest, etc.). It's the difference of getting actual leather seating surfaces and trim versus the hard, stiff pleather that you get with 400a.

Don't forget that Nav is bundled with it because the digital gauge cluster can display nav-related information per the source book.

Overall, it sounds much nicer than 400a.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would do magneride over bling. It really reduces the excessive body motions that are distracting without making the ride overly firm.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And MagneRide isn't just about harsh or firm, it's about immediate compliance. You'd be amazed at how unusually compliant the Track mode is on the GT350. But when it starts to get twisty and the car starts to roll, it really controls it well. MagneRide is about on the fly adjustments as well as a baseline adjustment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
airfuel

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
It basically includes the old Premiere Trim option plus additional leather-wrapped stuff (knee bolsters, shift boot, center console arm rest, etc.). It's the difference of getting actual leather seating surfaces and trim versus the hard, stiff pleather that you get with 400a.
I don't read it like that. Both 400 and 401 have leather trimmed seats and no mention of leather anywhere else. Just a lot of accent colors or stitching.

From the site:"• Premier Trim with Color Accent Group – Hand Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot; Premium Floormats with Accent Stitch; Color-accented Leather-trimmed Seats; “Linked Graphite” Aluminum Instrument Panel; Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch; Unique Color-accented Door-Trim

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I don't read it like that. Both 400 and 401 have leather trimmed seats and no mention of leather anywhere else. Just a lot of accent colors or stitching.

From the site:"• Premier Trim with Color Accent Group – Hand Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot; Premium Floormats with Accent Stitch; Color-accented Leather-trimmed Seats; “Linked Graphite” Aluminum Instrument Panel; Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch; Unique Color-accented Door-Trim
Yeah...so, the "Premier Trim with Color Accent Group" is a carry over package that was a standalone option on the 15-17 Premiums. It's real leather. Also, anything that says "wrapped" means it has real leather on it. Otherwise it's a vinyl surface. The 400A console is most likely the same vinyl console with the fake 'stitching' that all of the 15-17 cars have, this time it looks like they are actually wrapping it and stitching it in 401A.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Mag ride is a revolution and Ford actually did an amazing job on the magneride. A GT PP with mag ride will handle extremely well out the box, very little need for handling upgrades. Ride height unknown but hopefully it will be similar to GT 350 so no need to lower it, just maybe fit wheel spacers. :)

I am just gonna get both anyway. :D

Hopefully in the UK we shall get the bonus of digital dash as standard, but also be able to spec the carbon package whilst maintaining the digital dash. :D

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I'd skip mag for the 401A simply because the hardest turns I take are the turn arounds under the highway so I'm sure I wouldn't miss out.

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
I am ordering both with the PP 5.0 and 10 speed auto. $53,160. Love this car in Lighting Blue with 2 white racing stripes and shiny chrome wheels.

Sponsored

Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
Get the 401a. You won't regret it. The springs and other suspension items can be added much easier than the screens and all the other nice stuff with 401a. Its almost impossible to add BLIS and the SYNC 3 with Apple Carplay is just outstanding to use in my opinion. Just makes the majority of your time spent in the car really nice. Again, just go out and over time add the springs and other performance goodies. Plus the Premium Car will book value higher than the standard car and will resale quicker because it will appeal to more people. Just my 2 cents.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Get the 401a. You won't regret it. The springs and other suspension items can be added much easier than the screens and all the other nice stuff with 401a. Its almost impossible to add BLIS and the SYNC 3 with Apple Carplay is just outstanding to use in my opinion. Just makes the majority of your time spent in the car really nice. Again, just go out and over time add the springs and other performance goodies. Plus the Premium Car will book value higher than the standard car and will resale quicker because it will appeal to more people. Just my 2 cents.
Sync3 comes with everything above the base GT. 301A has Sync3. It really comes down to the digital dash. The premier trim package was a $400 stand-alone in 17 and nav was another $800 (not that anyone needs it anymore) there are a couple other things that 401A adds, so you can argue that it's a good deal for $2.2K. 401A only went up by $400, quite a deal compared to the PP price increase.
Sponsored