Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Not really a big deal imo. Roofs can be wrapped anywhere and so can stripes. Besides the 2018 asymetrical factory stripes look absolutely hideous, so it would actually be a good thing we don't get those here.

What I wonder is if the carbon/alcantara package can be combined with one of the 4 comfort packages...
I paid 200€ for getting the dual stripes on my last S550, no way I will pay Ford more than 500€ for the ugly new factory stripes :lol:
Worst is not that they are asymetrical imho, but they don't fit the body panels. on every edge there is like 2cm space before the wrap starts :frusty:
Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi guys

I have been close to buying an S550 for almost two years now.
Finally I have now decided to buy a fun car then the updated Mustang is around the corner or at least around the next corner here in Sweden.

I am out for an sporty car with room to fit my kids in and there the Mustang and Camaro are on the highest spot on my list starting to consider BWM M2 as well. Maybe it is sacrilege to mention Camaro on this forum :D. Nevertheless it is a strong contender, the Gen 6 Camaro is priced above the S550 in Sweden as well. With the currency rates today the Camaro 2SS with manual and magnetic ride and dual mode exhaust is at 60k USD, the Mustang with Performance Package and Custom package and manual is at 54k USD. However I have to consider changing the exhaust on the Mustang as it is to quiet, and unfortunately parts and labour is expensive in here. So just on that install the price gap will be reduced.

However with the price increase of the 2018 and stepping things up a bit I don't think the price difference will be the 6k USD as it is today.

It is interesting to see the standard equipment on the EU 2018 model in a positive way . I am looking for the performance pack, magnetic ride and performance exhaust this I believe would make the car really on par with the Camaro. So why am I not just going for the Camaro you might ask, well it is quite simple, I have to live with car on a daily basis as it will be daily driver. The Mustang feels more spacious, the back seats have more space and the trunk is bigger than the Camaros. However I am performance guy and therefore I have not been able to sidestep the performance and how the Camaro drives. If the new 2018 comes on par with the Camaro on the performance (not just 0-60 times) then the choice is given, I think...

I have however asked dealers about information on 2018 and I have not received anything back yet as they don't even have the info we have I think :D. However as soon as I get something I will post here.

Anyhow even though the price for a Mustang is higher her in Sweden compared to the US it is an incredible amount of value (if anything that has to do with a car can be called value :D). As an example the MSRP for a standard BMW 240i is almost 54k USD and the MSRP on a base S550 GT is 51k USD (which includes the performance pack).

So what am I reaching for here , well I really hope that the updates will be a success and that the Mustang will be comparable to the Camaro in terms of performance. As for the new design I guess time will tell, I think it looks rather cool. To sum it up I think I want one haha

You're on a Mustang forum, what do you expect :D The Mustang is roomier than the Camaro. If you decide to go with a 15-17 Mustang, putting on a different exhaust (catback) is super easy and you can do it yourself, no reason to pay somebody to do it.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
How many the UK sold so far?
A lot more than here :headbonk: :headbonk:

In 2016, a total of 15,335 Mustangs were sold across Europe in what was the first full year of local sales of the sports car. The model became the single best selling sports car in France, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Finland, Greece and the Czech Republic.

In the UK, the Mustang is also very popular with 3,250 examples sold last year, placing it at the top of the sales charts for sports cars with over 250 PS.

- ... - we sold 3,600 Mustangs in the region during the first three months of 2017.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a Euro spec 18' in Dearborn the other night while poking around. Looked pretty nice!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You're on a Mustang forum, what do you expect :D The Mustang is roomier than the Camaro. If you decide to go with a 15-17 Mustang, putting on a different exhaust (catback) is super easy and you can do it yourself, no reason to pay somebody to do it.
:D

I was at my local dealer yesterday and they had a GT convertible in Magnetic, it looked really good in that color.

They also a had a used GT in Guard, I had not seen that color before. Really nice looking in person.

I am rather handy, however the issue I have is that I have no place to lift the car up. I think if I'll go for the Mustang it is going to the be the 18, I hope the prices don't go up to much. If the power packs would have been available here in Europe I think I would have bought a 17 and done the PP2 or PP3 install, exhaust and lowering springs.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Whilst I'd still prefer red tails.....at least now the Euro Spec has uniformity in its lighting as the clear rears now match the (very nice!) clear reflectors in the headlamps :)

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Whilst I'd still prefer red tails.....at least now the Euro Spec has uniformity in its lighting as the clear rears now match the (very nice!) clear reflectors in the headlamps :)

Who wants autonomous tech when you can get this and let the passenger drive the car for you? :D

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Who wants autonomous tech when you can get this and let the passenger drive the car for you? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hard to tell from the picture, but that is the digital dash too?

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Doubt if we will get the optional Recaro seats but hopefully red seat option ?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The photos of the '18 look much better than when they were first released

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Doubt if we will get the optional Recaro seats but hopefully red seat option ?
Recaro seats were on Fords UK Vista ordering system for MY18 so fingers crossed we do get them now. :)
Sponsored