Sponsored

Anybody ever fall "out of love" with owning your Mustang?

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
After dumping a few thousand on suspension components and high performance tires, I do sometimes experience regret over not having bought a better performing base, such as a gt350 or corvette - at this point I'm in too deep to consider trading in. But then again, there is always something better and I would probably modify my car no matter what I had.
Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
Never. I've had mine for 15 months and almost 15k miles. Runs great and enjoy it just as must as the first day I drove it.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2017 Ford Mustang GT

Love her and will not part with her for a while.
A pleasure to drive except in traffic. The Pony needs to stretch her legs. :D
Ask me again in a year. So far so good. Some minor issues all cosmetic but
I will take that up with the dealer. ;)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Sound like most of your concerns are related to living in the city.

I used to live in SF myself and found that big city living is annoying AF. I got a different job now, still live in the bay but in a place with more space and drive my car every day and love it. I take it out to the track or auto-x it every 4 weeks or so in the dry months which in CA is about 8 months a year.

In closing, maybe a good city car might be better for you? Either way though, cant do amything about traffic and/or the issues that population density brings with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Sound like most of your concerns are related to living in the city.

I used to live in SF myself and found that big city living is annoying AF. I got a different job now, still live in the bay but in a place with more space and drive my car every day and love it. I take it out to the track or auto-x it every 4 weeks or so in the dry months which in CA is about 8 months a year.

In closing, maybe a good city car might be better for you? Either way though, cant do amything about traffic and/or the issues that population density brings with it.
What autox events could you recommend in the bay area? I've been trying to find some but have fallen short

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
What autox events could you recommend in the bay area? I've been trying to find some but have fallen short
I do all my Auto-X through my car club ESCA. We have an arrangement to use a nice facility for our private use. You can also sign up with SCCA as well.

I go through SCCA for the road course myself though(as well as HOD). I'm a big fan of road courses where I can stretch the pony's legs and our cars aren't
the best auto-x cars. I've also read through the SCCA Auto-X rulebook and its a little too much for my taste. Auto-X is a great driver's exercise but the seat
time is much less and the forces/excitement generated is a fraction of what a road course can offer.

Heres my last auto-x event.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1931908&postcount=66

I'm signed up to go to Thunder Hill on 8/24 through SCCA. There was a coupon floating around online somewhere. A couple other forum and car club members
are gonna meet me out there. If your interested, come join us! :thumbsup:

My last sessions at T-Hill:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1817451&postcount=39

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1822254&postcount=40

Didn't mean to threadjack OP. :)

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I'm in the same boat at the OP (except the Glocks. More of a Springfield XD-S guy). I lived in Chicago and it SUCKED in traffic jams. I moved out west and now I have the chance to enjoy it. Definitely get a different exhaust and install the Steeda clutch spring assembly. It'll make traffic more tolerable as shifts will be smoother.

I periodically get bored with it. And I almost traded it for a 2017 Elantra sport turbo with the 6-speed. It's a total hoot to drive and it has enough power to be fun and not too much that you can't push it hard regularly. But then I'd look at my mustang in my garage under the lights and I knew immediately I'd kick myself in the butt if I got rid of it.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Nope. Installed stainless works retro h catback. Now i cant wait to drive her next time. That cold start tho.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
28 months, 22k miles, and still love lookin at this sexy beast!
+ It's such a great balance of power and functionality.
So NO, I haven't fallin out of love at all.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I have days when I truly do love this car.

And I have days when I don't, mainly due to the gearbox.

The MT-82 is hot garbage. And 3.15s are way too long of gears for the 3.7.

The only other thing that truly bothers me is that I see S550 Mustangs EVERYWHERE. It's getting annoying now.

But it's an unbeatable deal and it puts a smile on my face when I'm tearing up backroads late at night.

Cruises nice on the highway. Great looking car from any angle.

I'm honestly torn. Everything that I want is either too slow or too expensive. I'm kind of stuck with her for now. But I search for new options pretty frequently. It's like I'm cheating on Tinder but with my car.

Honestly, I think if the transmission was better, I wouldn't feel like the grass is greener. But boy is it a stinker.

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
I think it is more of if we can only have 1 toy and we want another....we fall out of love would be great if we have the time, space, money to keep all of them.

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I am getting bored with mine. I was also bitten by the gun bug around the same time. However, I have an XDM and XDE and a couple of old rifles instead. I picked up a 62 f100 and enjoy it more than the mustang at the moment. I am just a truck guy.

I test drove a v6 auto 2017 4x4 tacoma earlier in the year and thought meh. I drove a manual version of the same truck 2 days ago and hated it. No-new tacoma for me. Hopefully I can find an older taco and get out of my mustang outright.

Dump a v8 in my f100 and I can have the best of both worlds.
Sponsored