Sponsored

Anybody ever fall "out of love" with owning your Mustang?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The car I had before the S550 I had for almost 11 years, so I don't chase the latest and greatest. My cell phone was purchased in 2014, and my iPad like, 2011. I barely ever buy new things.

When i got the car circumstances were a little different. I had to move offices at work. My old office had a parking lot that was secure. Hell, I could leave the Mustang parked there for a while if I wanted to. New office has scarce parking and I think that's why I get the hit and runs - people trying to squeeze into tiny spots.
GF's car was recently backed into while we were inside the restaurant. Guy in the black Mercedes just drove off, like it was no biggie. Good thing I installed a dash cam in her car just 2 weeks earlier. Showed it to the cops, and now it is being fixed no charge to us.

My Mustang is my first sports car, and I am not yet tired of it. Wishing for a 2018 actually.

My buddy [MENTION=16493]Evil Minion[/MENTION] just traded his for a '15 VW GTI, but he goes through cars routinely.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Bored with mine. Actually posted it for sale on the board at work today.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
the only thing i'm bored of is paying for daycare instead of a gt350+my car.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I also do some target shooting. And often times I stop getting to the range for months at a time due to work, and other crap, and think about selling some guns off that are just collecting dust. Hell, my Glocks haven't been out in at least 2 years.

But back to the Mustang. I wanted a Camaro or Mustang since I was 13 years old and lusted after owning it. Back then the city wasn't as congested, gas was cheaper, and I had less responsibility.

Factory ordered my 5.0 in 2015 in my late 20's. I drive this and have my daily Toyota sedan.

After living with it for over a year and a half, I am sadly starting to fall out of love with it.

-13 to 14 mpg with gas over 5 bucks a gallon (Canada....) really gets annoying.
-The congestion of everything means that even when I try to get away for a weekend or go for a leisurely drive, I hit a wall of traffic. And with all the condos, construction, etc. it just gets worse. The other day I was cruising along wonderfully and then BAM - wall of traffic. 4 lanes into 1 due to some gigantic condo buildings they were putting up. Felt like I was going to wear my clutch out inching along for like half an hour.
-Damage! I noticed somebody scraped up my side fender and I had to get it repainted. 1100 in damage, paid my insurance deduct and was on my way. Around that time I had to get a screw patched from the tread of my tire. Two days after picking it up from the body shop....SOMEBODY BACKED INTO MY FRONT BUMPER! :frusty:
-Weather here. It doesn't get too bad but it rains a lot and last year we had a lot of ice and snow which kept me parked for some time.

So with all of this crap, I am making payments, insurance, gas, repairs on a vehicle that's starting to feel like it's becoming a pain in the ass to own.

Now a part of me is thinking to sell both my cars, getting a 6 cyl small pickup like a Colorado or a Tacoma, and calling it a day.

Has this falling out of love happened to anybody here?
I say keep it 1 more year and then see how you feel, then if you still feel the same way you can trade it in on the new 2019 ford ranger!! :cheers:

Sponsored

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Man no way ! This was the car I'd always wanted and after 18 Months of ownership I'm more attached to it every day. Hell I'd change my wife before my car, I get withdrawal symptoms If I don't see it on a daily basis !

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i fell out of love with it when the 6g camaro came out.

here i am still driving it though.

im trying to hold out for a full 5 years of ownership, which is when my warranty will be over.

i sure as hell won't be keeping it beyond that, since the a/c will fail sometime and it will cost thousands of dollars to repair outside of the warranty.

plus the hood will probably rust again. i made sure to take care of that before the bumper to bumper runs out.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I finally fell out of love with my 1995 GT. But it's a full on race car. And I got tired of strapping it to a trailer. Driving an hour. And putting in 3=4 passes before having to load it back onto a trailer and driving the hour back home. It's for sale if anybody want a low 9 second capable race car.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I finally fell out of love with my 1995 GT. But it's a full on race car. And I got tired of strapping it to a trailer. Driving an hour. And putting in 3=4 passes before having to load it back onto a trailer and driving the hour back home. It's for sale if anybody want a low 9 second capable race car.
The same reason I sold my twin turbo 89 notch and my 408 stroker 95gt. While those weren't full on race cars, they were just too ruthless to drive regularly.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone buy s a Mustang GT and is expecting good gas mileage you've bought the wrong car. 13 , 14 miles a gallon in the kind of driving you do is not bad

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Yes I did. I thought I was bored with my 04 gt, so I bought my dad's 07 GT from him. ( I should have never got rid of my 04, I loved that car so much if I had the $ I would track it down and buy it back if I could)

On to the 07. I really liked that car. I did all the usual bolt ons, had it right where I wanted it for the racing series I was in. Then the series folded up and performance wise I was in a bit of a rut. I had done just about all the minor stuff you could do. Next up was to start getting into bigger mods, I didn't want to that so I started doing appearance mods. Just could never find the happy place with the car. Then got engaged and knew we were moving further away from my office so the decision to get rid of it became a bit easier.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I've had mine 9 months. The excitement is wearing off however, I'm not bored with my mustang. When I see those body curves in the sunlight, I'm quickly reminded there are few cars around that look like that. Also the feel and sound of the turbo kicking in (sport+ mode) on the autobahn never gets tiring. :thumbsup:

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
Yes I did. I thought I was bored with my 04 gt, so I bought my dad's 07 GT from him. ( I should have never got rid of my 04, I loved that car so much if I had the $ I would track it down and buy it back if I could)

On to the 07. I really liked that car. I did all the usual bolt ons, had it right where I wanted it for the racing series I was in. Then the series folded up and performance wise I was in a bit of a rut. I had done just about all the minor stuff you could do. Next up was to start getting into bigger mods, I didn't want to that so I started doing appearance mods. Just could never find the happy place with the car. Then got engaged and knew we were moving further away from my office so the decision to get rid of it became a bit easier.
I'm surprise you haven't mentioned the love for a FOX-body.

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
I think it's a question of whether or not you've fallen out of love with the notion of being a car enthusiast. Try going for a night drive, if traffic is an issue because the best cars are the ones that don't have to be driven fast, but can be.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Nope. But I space myself when it comes to driving it AND modding it. Do either of those too much/too quickly and you will find yourself bored of any car. There are days where I find myself not having as fun as others and that's when I know it's time to park it for a week or two, drive the DD and my appreciation will be reset when I get back into it. The last time I drove mine was 2 Sundays ago on a nice 250+ mile up and down the blue ridge parkway. That was good driving to last me for awhile.
Sponsored